Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    or the moment Harley realized one of her BFFs was in love with her Puddin's arch-enemy.
    That woulnd't have been her main problem:

And for Brave and the Bold, I always liked this bit:

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I think Bruce will ask Clark to be his best man.

Selina’s...I don’t know, it would be hilarious to see Pamela and Harley in the wedding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think best man is a toss-up between Clark, Alfred, and Dick.

Maid of Honor I would have automatically assumed to be Holly, but things being what they are right now...and the only other ladies she knows at the moment are the Sirens and the Birds, so there's that.

And they have no idea she's actually marrying Batman .

No way should Bruce's Best Man honors go to Clark. For one in-universe reason and one out-of-universe reason:

In-universe: are we really saying Bruce is closer to Clark than Bruce is to Dick? I can see Alfred, or some of the former Robins (ok, ok, either Dick or Damian, not Jason nor Tim), or even Lucius before you get to Clark. Let Clark do a reading or be the officiant or even be the reception's MC. But not Best Man. That really goes to only either Alfred, Dick, or Damian. No other candidates please.

Out-of-universe: the Batverse does not need Superman to be THAT vital to the ceremony. Bruce wasn't even at Clark's wedding to Lois back in 1996. Clark's Best Man was, rightfully, Jimmy Olsen.

Let the BatCat wedding be a celebration of the Batverse first and foremost, and the larger DCU secondarily.

Y'know, it would be kind of funny if the upcoming confrontation with Talia brings up the double-standard of how Bruce sometimes arrests Selina or tries too but never bothers to bring Talia in .

(I mean, I know he lets Selina off the hook constantly too, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    No way should Bruce's Best Man honors go to Clark. For one in-universe reason and one out-of-universe reason:

In-universe: are we really saying Bruce is closer to Clark than Bruce is to Dick? I can see Alfred, or some of the former Robins (ok, ok, either Dick or Damian, not Jason nor Tim), or even Lucius before you get to Clark. Let Clark do a reading or be the officiant or even be the reception's MC. But not Best Man. That really goes to only either Alfred, Dick, or Damian. No other candidates please.

Out-of-universe: the Batverse does not need Superman to be THAT vital to the ceremony. Bruce wasn't even at Clark's wedding to Lois back in 1996. Clark's Best Man was, rightfully, Jimmy Olsen.

Let the BatCat wedding be a celebration of the Batverse first and foremost, and the larger DCU secondarily.
    I 100% agree. I thought I was the only one not buying Batman and Superman (Bruce and Clark for that matter) being so damn close. He can be at the wedding or a groomsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, it would be kind of funny if the upcoming confrontation with Talia brings up the double-standard of how Bruce sometimes arrests Selina or tries too but never bothers to bring Talia in .

(I mean, I know he lets Selina off the hook constantly too, but still).
    This is true BUT at the end of the day, he would still bail Selina out and we saw what would have happened in Rebirth had she stayed in jail, he was going to try to get her out.

I mean, these two they have been through a lot of **** together and have done some **** to each other BUT again, at the end of they day, they have worked through their negative stuff and became closer over the years.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    This guy is a serious comic reviewer and I recommend his channel BUT his review of Issue #24 was really great and gave some deep insight for BatCat fans that tend to see this relationship with a little more maturity...

Because of Rob and Comicstorian they helped me get into reading comics years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Because of Rob and Comicstorian they helped me get into reading comics years ago.
    Yes! This dude really helps me figure out the World of Marvel. He is so good!

Mighty Member

I hope their marriage sticks for a long time. Great conflicts and stories can also come from married people. Please don't be Marvel and OMD this. Trigon had already ruined enough marriages...

BANNED

I'll just drop by and share a few of my favorite pages with them. There are too many to choose from, so I'll stick to pages from Brubaker's Catwoman run (Issues 1, 19, and 32, respectively), which is important to me because it helped reignite my passion for comics a long time ago, and it also sparked in me an investment in Batman and Catwoman's relationship. I imagine both this and Dini's 'Tec are the biggest progenitors for many modern fans of the relationship, though I'd be remiss if I didn't also shout out the late Len Wein (RIP) who was one of the first to make Bruce and Selina a serious pairing in main continuity. If you haven't read his Batman run, you need to do yourself a favor and do so, because we recently lost one of the greats.

Now these are all more focused on Selina's point-of-view, and I think they really do a good job of showing just how much Bruce genuinely cares for her, and how he has her best interests at heart, even with all their combined...eccentricities that make them so difficult for other people to stick around. Selina was ignored, degraded, and derided for basically her entire life to the point where she felt justified in stealing from a world that did nothing but kick her down...And to have someone like Batman look into her eyes and say that she's worth it, that he knows she has a good heart under all that fury, that means a lot. How could it not?

What they bring each other is a level of understanding, someone who knows what it's like to have been through what they've been through, having someone you can look eye-to-eye with and say how you feel, someone you don't have to hide yourself from...it's a pretty powerful form of adult love and it's something that's not only pretty rare in comics, but also something they achieve with each other that neither of them have with any other character.

I'm not going to drone on, just musing a bit, but like I said I really do love these pages, and issues in general. If any of you haven't read Brubaker's run I suggest you do so ASAP.

CW-01-20.jpg
    Catwoman (2002-2008) 019-017.jpg
    Catwoman v2 #32 pg17.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I 100% agree. I thought I was the only one not buying Batman and Superman (Bruce and Clark for that matter) being so damn close. He can be at the wedding or a groomsman.
    Alfred Pennyworth fills the role of (surrogate) Father of the Groom.

Leslie Thompkins would be my pick for role of (surrogate) Mother of the Groom (depends on continuity, I'm not current).

Dick Grayson is the Best Man

Jason Todd is a groomsman

Tim Drake is a groomsman (whenever he gets back)

Damian is the ringbearer / groomsman

The real issue are the female batfam

Are Babs, Cass, Steph, and/or Kate remotely close to Selina at all? They should be bridesmaids in a franchise sense, but I don't recall Any of them being tight with Selina.

Are Babs, Cass, Steph, and/or Kate remotely close to Selina at all? They should be bridesmaids in a franchise sense, but I don't recall Any of them being tight with Selina.
    I don't think most of them have any kind of relationship with Selina that isn't semi-hostile.

This version of Steph met her when she was under the tutelage of Eiko Hasegawa, but I don't think she came out of Valentine's run with a very positive opinion of Selina.

Batgirl (Babs) and Catwoman's relationship has always been qualified since Batgirl generally tries to bring her in but they usually end up begrudgingly teaming-up and Babs begrudgingly respecting Selina.

Mighty Member

One of my fave comic couples

Alfred Pennyworth fills the role of (surrogate) Father of the Groom.

Leslie Thompkins would be my pick for role of (surrogate) Mother of the Groom (depends on continuity, I'm not current).

Dick Grayson is the Best Man

Jason Todd is a groomsman

Tim Drake is a groomsman (whenever he gets back)

Damian is the ringbearer / groomsman

Who would walk Selina down the aisle

I HIGHLY recommend Batman #308. That was the BEGINNING of the true "Bruce and Selina" relationship. My favorite line from that book,

"Except for Silver St. Cloud, there's never been a woman more involved in my life than Selina Kyle..."

RIP Len Wein. Bob Kane may have been the one that made Catwoman for Batman but Len Wein was the one that made them fit!
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 10-17-2017 at 05:14 PM.

BANNED

will they be able to keep their marriage vows?