Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast

Default All-new hollow/penance appreciation now!

Let's get this ball rolling, for our girl Hollow!

Hollow (previously known as Penance) is a woman with red skin, long hair, and sharp, fearsome claw!
    Former member of Generation-X and reserve member of Avengers Academy.

This Thread is for sightings, Fanart, or just awesomeness people want to share about Hollow/Penance or Penny if you prefer.
    Last edited by MIMIC616; 12-01-2017 at 07:08 AM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Yay, a new Penance Appreciation Thread!

I was going to let the issue lie until she was actually in a book again, lol. Nice pictures you selected there. ^^

I see you've found the Mimic thread, too. Great! ^.^

Let's see, a few things "for the record" -- the last sighting of Penance was in "Avengers Academy" #31 back in June 2012. CBR's "official"/fan-celebrated Generation X Appreciation Month was back in April; I don't think there was a CBR thread for it this year, but there will supposedly soon be official news to celebrate the Generation X 20th Anniversary, so we'll about that.

Nine people voted for Penance as their favorite character on the old Generation X Appreciation Thread, representing 5.77% of the total vote (billee0918, CmX, IndigoLady8, MIMIC616, RichSkitzCale, RLAAMJR., Ruyellingatmee, Starleafgirl, WTHIOTina). That was more than Skin (8), Blink (4), Mondo (2), Maggot (2), Emplate (1), Daydreamers {Artie, Leech, and Franklin Richards}(1), and Gaia (0), as well as the same amount as Synch (9). It was less than Jubilee (27), Chamber (26), M (23), Emma Frost (17), Husk (16), and Banshee (11). There were a total of 156 votes.

Meanwhile, the poll from the old Penance/Hollow Appreciation Thread was "Give Penny an apple? (adds 1 to Penny's Apple Score)" -- there were a total of 90 votes: 81 "Yes," 3 "No," 8 "Who?" I won't list who voted which way, as that would be ninety freakin' names, but yay for the overall positive response, with 90% of the vote going to add points to the Apple Score. =^.^=

It's a shame we can't archive these threads forever, as they represents years of fandom (I created the old Penny thread on 11-21-2007, 10:48 PM; the old Generation X thread was created by Boltagon, 05-06-2008 09:12 AM), but oh well.

Just an odd little random thing: http://squiby.net/level/6385567
    A Penance-themed adoptable on Squiby.

And, finally, three random pictures, as that's the limit per post:

I finally found the source of this picture; it was posted by Faded on 01-27-2013, 01:29 PM in a "Create your own Marvel Now X-Titles" thread on the old CBR forums. Glad to have finally figured it out, but sad to have received confirmation that it's not official in any way, shape, or form.

Here's what Faded had to say about it:
    X-Factor: Lady Penance
    Written by Skottie Young, Penciled by Ryan Sook
    co-starring Jubilee and Banshee

If I understood the announcement correctly: for the next two weeks, you'll be able to find the threads I've referenced here; after that, they'll be gone:

Generation X Appreciation Thread
    Penance/Hollow Appreciation Thread
    Create your own Marvel NOW! X-Titles
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 11-22-2017 at 04:35 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

i think penance is very interesting charachther, themathically, aesthethical, she is one of the characthers that is interesting only by locking at her, and why the hell is she on the avengers academy

BANNED

My 2nd favorite comic character of all time. I hope she shows up in comics again. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrixpendent View Post
    i think penance is very interesting charachther, themathically, aesthethical, she is one of the characthers that is interesting only by locking at her, and why the hell is she on the avengers academy
    Agreed! I don't know why they don't use her more... I mean, I get the fact that she's not a totally bodacious babe, lol, but she's cool just to look at and lots of interesting things can be done with her, in a supporting or recurring role in any book. She got to Avengers Academy via The Loners, some of whom decided to enroll there as part-time students. I'm assuming they're still there, unless the school got blown up or something.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    My 2nd favorite comic character of all time. I hope she shows up in comics again. : )
    She's my first favorite comic book character of all time, but other than that: Same here! Hope she shows up again.

Meanwhile, check out what I found on eBay, lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Marvel-C...p2047675.l2557

Description: "Item includes a new, sealed Marvel Comics Penance cloisonné enamel pin produced by Planet Studios & dated 1994."

If we could mass-produce these, they'd be great for the (entirely fictional/non-existent) Penny Appreciation Club in real life. ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrixpendent View Post

She was in the Loners mini-series, where previous Super-Teens are trying to help each other stay out of the game. Also, was an item with Ben Urich the formerly Hobgoblin, now Goblin Knight.

There was soooo much potential with this cast!

Hollow/X-23 - BFF
    Hollow/Quicksilver/Jocasta - Brought up around stronger mentors who abused them. Emplate/Magneto/Ultron
    Hollow/Hawkeye - Being Awesome!
    Last edited by MIMIC616; 05-02-2014 at 12:09 PM.

I love the fact, of all the Generation-X/X-Men characters to be put on an Avengers Team is Hollow.
    She won out before Storm,Cannonball, Sunspot, Sunfire, and Rogue were on a team.
    Last edited by MIMIC616; 12-01-2017 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    She was in the Loners mini-series, where previous Super-Teens are trying to help each other stay out of the game. Also, was an item with Ben Urich the formerly Hobgoblin, now Goblin Knight.
    Love the picture you chose, what a classic "What the hell just happened??" moment from her, hah. It was Phil Urich, though, not Ben Urich. Ben Urich would have the gross-out factor of him being much too old for her. XD

By Javier Reyes.

There was soooo much potential with this cast!

Hollow/X-23 - BFF
    Hollow/Quicksilver/Jocasta - Brought up around stronger mentors who abused them. Emplate/Magneto/Ultron
    Hollow/Hawkeye - Being Awesome!
    Hah, great random pairing with Hawkeye. ;D Wouldn't Penance have "formerly abused by mentor" status in common with most of the main cast of Avengers Academy? They were tortured by Norman Osborn or some such...

More:

Hollow/Hazmat - Can't Touch This
    Hollow/Mettle - Resilient Red Skin
    Hollow/Veil - Wrapped in Black Bandages is Totally A Fashion Statement
    Hollow/Speedball - We Both Used to be Called Penance
    Hollow/X-23/WhiteTiger/Tigra - Claw Squad

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g87/betaflight/LeonardKirkHollow2011.jpg

I love the fact that of all the Generation-X/X-Men characters to on an Avengers Team, Hollow won out before Storm,Cannonball, Sunspot, Sunfire, Rogue were on a team.
    Haha, good point. What a trendsetter! Can't forget this:

Prεtty Pεnny

BANNED

I hope Wood will consider including Hollow to the all female x-men team.

I would love to see that, Jubilee with her old friend and Monet ready to smash!

That would be great! So much drama between her, Monet, and Jubilee... Penance should join the book just when Jubilee and Monet are starting to call a truce, only to have the reminder of Penance around to show them just how differently they view things.
    Prεtty Pεnny

she has a cool design and her scenes with Chamber in Gen x are classic. I hope she's involved in any plans for Gen X 40th anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    she has a cool design and her scenes with Chamber in Gen x are classic. I hope she's involved in any plans for Gen X 40th anniversary!
    40th? I hope we don't have to wait THAT long! XD

New Gen X Appreciation Thread:
    http://community.comicbookresources....X-Appreciation
    Prεtty Pεnny

yeah thanks for pointing out my typo. Whats worse is that I asked about the "40th" anniversary plans in the Mike Marts Q&A thread... Doh! >_<

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    yeah thanks for pointing out my typo. Whats worse is that I asked about the "40th" anniversary plans in the Mike Marts Q&A thread... Doh! >_<
    *giggle/comfort* I asked about those plans, too (hope they're still accepting questions on Friday! It said "by Friday," so...), so maybe they can just use my question, where I say the proper "20th", and it'll cover it for the both of us.

New fanart featuring both of our favorites! =^.^=

Source: http://ayersart.deviantart.com/art/P...mber-447545279

Also, Penance got 24 points in the massive, forum-wide "Fan's Choice" Top 100 they had a little while ago. Not enough to place in the Top 100, but much better than a lot of characters out there. ^^
    Fan's Choice Marvel Characters
    Prεtty Pεnny