Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 1068
  1. #976
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    27,264

    Default

    Question. Are Jimmy Hudson's claws made of adamantium?

    I just wanna know since Penance will be fighting against him.

  2. #977
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Question. Are Jimmy Hudson's claws made of adamantium?

    I just wanna know since Penance will be fighting against him.
    No. There organic metal like colossus skin.

  3. #978
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    No. There organic metal like colossus skin.
    Are they? I thought they were bone. Will, organic metal doesn't sound too tough for Penny...

    ================================================== =======

    There ~may~ be minor spoilers for Generation X #85, on sale tomorrow, in this post so don't read if you want to go in with virgin eyes.

    ======================

    Christina was nice enough to let me know that Penance was in an earlier version of the script of Generation X #85, but that there ultimately wasn't enough room to introduce her, give her a story beyond "Emplate bait!" and really do her justice, in addition to all the other Gen X characters, new and old, that were already in the story.

    Originally, she was going to show up in the fight against Emplate. How she got there wouldn't really be addressed at the time; something could've been added in dialogue later on (most likely Husk would've found her & asked her to come).

    So don't get your hopes up for an appearance -- she was supposed to be there, but there just aren't enough pages in comics anymore... definitely fewer pages than in our heyday of the original Generation X!

    She even emailed C.B. Cebulski about it, to get his perspective on the character from when he'd written her in The Loners. ^^

    Ultimately, it would've been too weird to just randomly have her show up, fight Emplate, then disappear again, which is all there really could've been room for, and that didn't seem right, so she got cut. It's just an unfortunate casualty of the lower page count & Gen X having fewer issues than expected.

    And I totally understand. I don't think I would've liked to have her show up just help the main characters fight Emplate then disappear back into the "Magical Realm of Wallpaper Characters Who Are Actually Almost Never Seen Again."

    Ms. Strain also said that if the book had continued post-Legacy, she could've figure out some sort of Penance story to write. Perhaps something with Nature Girl and Penance, whom we both agree would get along well. ^.^

    It's kind of like when we could've gotten more Chamber/Professor Starsmore in Christos Gage's X-Men: Legacy if that title had been allowed to go on longer, but since it wasn't going to, Gage had to focus on Rogue, since that's what Mike Carey's focus on the title was before him. Ah well.

    We still have a page or two of X-Men vs. Generation X to look forward to in X-Men: Blue. We already know Penance will show up in that fight.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

    Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

    "What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

    Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

  4. #979
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    27,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    No. There organic metal like colossus skin.
    Then Penance cant be hurt.

  5. #980
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    27,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Are they? I thought they were bone. Will, organic metal doesn't sound too tough for Penny...

    ================================================== =======

    There ~may~ be minor spoilers for Generation X #85, on sale tomorrow, in this post so don't read if you want to go in with virgin eyes.

    ======================

    Christina was nice enough to let me know that Penance was in an earlier version of the script of Generation X #85, but that there ultimately wasn't enough room to introduce her, give her a story beyond "Emplate bait!" and really do her justice, in addition to all the other Gen X characters, new and old, that were already in the story.

    Originally, she was going to show up in the fight against Emplate. How she got there wouldn't really be addressed at the time; something could've been added in dialogue later on (most likely Husk would've found her & asked her to come).

    So don't get your hopes up for an appearance -- she was supposed to be there, but there just aren't enough pages in comics anymore... definitely fewer pages than in our heyday of the original Generation X!

    She even emailed C.B. Cebulski about it, to get his perspective on the character from when he'd written her in The Loners. ^^

    Ultimately, it would've been too weird to just randomly have her show up, fight Emplate, then disappear again, which is all there really could've been room for, and that didn't seem right, so she got cut. It's just an unfortunate casualty of the lower page count & Gen X having fewer issues than expected.

    And I totally understand. I don't think I would've liked to have her show up just help the main characters fight Emplate then disappear back into the "Magical Realm of Wallpaper Characters Who Are Actually Almost Never Seen Again."

    Ms. Strain also said that if the book had continued post-Legacy, she could've figure out some sort of Penance story to write. Perhaps something with Nature Girl and Penance, whom we both agree would get along well. ^.^

    It's kind of like when we could've gotten more Chamber/Professor Starsmore in Christos Gage's X-Men: Legacy if that title had been allowed to go on longer, but since it wasn't going to, Gage had to focus on Rogue, since that's what Mike Carey's focus on the title was before him. Ah well.

    We still have a page or two of X-Men vs. Generation X to look forward to in X-Men: Blue. We already know Penance will show up in that fight.
    Wow! How nice of Ms Strain to reply to you.

    My thought is, the writer can tell the artist to draw smaller images to fit the whole story in one comic, right?

    But I believe in Ms Strain so I... I still can't accept it. :-(

    Penance is supposed to be prioritized for that Mplate arc because she is closely connected to them. It's not hard for the artist to add more person to every scan/image/page.

    But I respect Ms Strain really. She's been an awesome writer.

    But I miss Penance. :-(

  6. #981
    Astonishing Member Knives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,771

    Default

    @#$%&* this makes me so sad and angry GX is gone and we will not have any scenes with Penance.

  7. #982
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    @#$%&* this makes me so sad and angry GX is gone and we will not have any scenes with Penance.
    I know, right? Re: Penance back in present-day-set x-comics: So close -- and yet so far. D:
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

    Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

    "What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

    Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

  8. #983
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    27,264

    Default

    There are still 3 issues to go after #85.

    Did Penance show up in Genx 85?
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 12-20-2017 at 08:57 PM.

  9. #984
    Astonishing Member Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    There are still 3 issues to go after #85.

    Did Penance show up in Genx 85?
    You should pick it up!

    There's no way for Gen X books to live very long if it's diehard fans don't support their titles.

  10. #985
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    27,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    You should pick it up!

    There's no way for Gen X books to live very long if it's diehard fans don't support their titles.
    Im still looking for ways to order comics cos the last person i had contact with already resigned.

    And ... Penance wasnt featured but I really want Gen x comics to succeed especially that Ms Strain has been doing a great job as a writer.

  11. #986
    Gen X and Penny Devotee
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Nazareth, PA
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I know, right? Re: Penance back in present-day-set x-comics: So close -- and yet so far. D:
    I will have to wait until Saturday to pick it up. Damn they didn't e-mail me that it was put aside for me.

  12. #987
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    27,264

    Default

    I hope to see a large scan of Jimmy and Penance fighting each other in xmen blue.

  13. #988
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    27,264

    Default

    Did y'all check Xmen Blue 18 preview? I was just happy that there's a bigger image of Jimmy and Penance. Well i wasnt expecting that big. Lol.

    Penance looks more human there though and shorter fingers but at least she's there.

    But they say those gen x are not from 616. Is it true?

  14. #989
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Did y'all check Xmen Blue 18 preview? I was just happy that there's a bigger image of Jimmy and Penance. Well i wasnt expecting that big. Lol.

    Penance looks more human there though and shorter fingers but at least she's there.

    But they say those gen x are not from 616. Is it true?

    The mention of a Hellfire Conservatory pretty much seals the deal when it comes to whether or not this is 616. Clearly, the Massachusetts Academy "of the recent past" is still being influenced by the trouble in the timestream that's been (suddenly, mysteriously) caused by the 616 Teen X-Men being in Present Day.

    We've got no idea what kind of problems this version of Generation X is dealing with, but clearly they think the X-Men Blue group are a bunch of baddies who've come to attack them.

    As for the fight itself, it's not entirely clear, but it doesn't LOOK like Jimmy's claws are a problem for Penance...? ^_^;;

    I'm just glad to see Gen X is fighting smart and not being a bunch of pushovers.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

    Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

    "What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

    Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

  15. #990
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    27,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post

    The mention of a Hellfire Conservatory pretty much seals the deal when it comes to whether or not this is 616. Clearly, the Massachusetts Academy "of the recent past" is still being influenced by the trouble in the timestream that's been (suddenly, mysteriously) caused by the 616 Teen X-Men being in Present Day.

    We've got no idea what kind of problems this version of Generation X is dealing with, but clearly they think the X-Men Blue group are a bunch of baddies who've come to attack them.

    As for the fight itself, it's not entirely clear, but it doesn't LOOK like Jimmy's claws are a problem for Penance...? ^_^;;

    I'm just glad to see Gen X is fighting smart and not being a bunch of pushovers.
    It's Mr Bunn. He writes great stories. And im glad that he didnt focus on the 05 alone. Adding characters to theroster like Jimmy and Bloodstorm and appearances of other xmen characters make his run enjoyable to read. So glad he included the generation x. I hope to see more Penance scans all throughout the issue.

    Question: with how Mr Bunn wrote the gen xmembers on the preview, i actually just realized how more interesting they are. Cos way back, it felt like they were not really useful nor interesting. So were the genx been written as good or better than how Mr Bunn wrote them on the preview?
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 12-21-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •