Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

I'm not a Penance/Hollow fan exactly but I think she's an interesting character that has a lot of untapped potential that hopefully one writer will recognize some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrixpendent View Post
    i think penance is very interesting charachther, themathically, aesthethical, she is one of the characthers that is interesting only by locking at her, and why the hell is she on the avengers academy
    Because they can't come up with their own interesting teen characters so they have to take all X-Men related ones that aren't in main x-books?

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post

There was soooo much potential with this cast!
    I see 3 characters from x-books in there. (5 mutants all in all)

And am I the only one who thought that having a human kid with a Sentinel best friend as a student t X-Men's school could have been an interesting story idea and used for great drama if there were some X-Men who wanted him there and to give him and his robot a chance and others who would have wanted to scrap that Sentinel for spare parts just in case.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    I'm not a Penance/Hollow fan exactly but I think she's an interesting character that has a lot of untapped potential that hopefully one writer will recognize some day.

Because they can't come up with their own interesting teen characters so they have to take all X-Men related ones that aren't in main x-books?

And am I the only one who thought that having a human kid with a Sentinel best friend as a student t X-Men's school could have been an interesting story idea and used for great drama if there were some X-Men who wanted him there and to give him and his robot a chance and others who would have wanted to scrap that Sentinel for spare parts just in case.
    he dead, like so dead, you gotta thank the best avengers book of the last yeat, avengers arena <3, so mutch wallpaper destroyed but in an stylish way( yes im looking at you bomb bomb bus)

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Yay! Glad you think so. I agree. There's so much that could be done with the character, but hasn't been.

Haha, so true. They did do a good job of including mutants that haven't always been directly related to the X-Men, though. So... some cross-cultural interaction going on at that school.

You're right, a kid with a Sentinel for a best friend would've made for GREAT drama with the x-teens, haha. I kept wanting Penance to attack it by mistake at Avengers Academy... :P I mean, seriously, would anyone have sat her down and explained to her beforehand that this one ISN'T trying to kill her? ^_^;;

So sad that Juston is dead, I totally miss him (I hate Avengers Arena... and yet, I'm glad Penance/Hollow didn't get selected for the slaughter, so there's always that). Actually, I kind of love Avengers Arena too, but ONLY for the character development of Nico Minoru in it... argh, love/hate relationship. :P Well, you can bet it'd be hate-hate if they'd killed her off, too. XD
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    ... Also, Penance got 24 points in the massive, forum-wide "Fan's Choice" Top 100 they had a little while ago. Not enough to place in the Top 100, but much better than a lot of characters out there. ^^
    Fan's Choice Marvel Characters
    Did Mimic616 vote? Just wondering.

Hopefully next time, she'll place higher.

That would be great! So much drama between her, Monet, and Jubilee... Penance should join the book just when Jubilee and Monet are starting to call a truce, only to have the reminder of Penance around to show them just how differently they view things.
    Indeed. How I wish our wish will be granted.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Did Mimic616 vote? Just wondering.

Hopefully next time, she'll place higher.
    Using the metric of searching the Vote thread for the word "mimic" (assuming very reasonably that if MIMIC616 was going to vote, Mimic would be among his Top 10 favorite characters) and not finding him there, I'm going to go with: No, MIMIC616 did not vote. ...Alternatively, we could've just asked him.

And to answer your next question:

There were three people who voted for Penance; I gave her my #1 vote, you gave her your #2 vote, and blinkingblah (who is a huge fan of the St. Croix twins) threw five points Penny's way with a #6 vote (yay!). Searching for "Hollow" yielded no additional results.

10 + 9 + 5 = 24 points.
    I can't imagine her placing higher than that when her comic's twenty years old and she hasn't been seen much since. ;P

So anyway, I think we're officially done with this contest now, lol. I'll throw in a picture so this post isn't totally boring.

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I hope Wood will consider including Hollow to the all female x-men team.
    I am all about this. And I hope whatever they're doing for the GenX anniversary includes her in more than just a peripheral way.

Using the metric of searching the Vote thread for the word "mimic" (assuming very reasonably that if MIMIC616 was going to vote, Mimic would be among his Top 10 favorite characters) and not finding him there, I'm going to go with: No, MIMIC616 did not vote. ...Alternatively, we could've just asked him.

There were three people who voted for Penance; I gave her my #1 vote, you gave her your #2 vote, and blinkingblah (who is a huge fan of the St. Croix twins) threw five points Penny's way with a #6 vote (yay!). Searching for "Hollow" yielded no additional results.

10 + 9 + 5 = 24 points.
    I can't imagine her placing higher than that when her comic's twenty years old and she hasn't been seen much since. ;P

So anyway, I think we're officially done with this contest now, lol. I'll throw in a picture so this post isn't totally boring.

I missed the vote!

I would have voted Mimic # 1 and Hollow # 2, no offence Starleafgirl.

We could start a new Top 100 Vote Thread and get Hollow as a front runner in votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I am all about this. And I hope whatever they're doing for the GenX anniversary includes her in more than just a peripheral way.
    So true! I really hope Gen X rescues her from the defunct book Avengers Academy, hah.

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    I missed the vote!

I would have voted Mimic # 1 and Hollow # 2, no offence Starleafgirl.

We could start a new Top 100 Vote Thread and get Hollow as a front runner in votes.
    No offense taken, #2 is still VERY high. ^.^ By the way, both 616 Mimic and Exiles Mimic got some points.

It's only been a few months since the last Top 100 Vote and it would be a huge amount of work. Just keep that in mind. I'll support you whatever you decide to do.

Last edited by Starleafgirl; 05-03-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny

10 + 9 + 5 = 24 points.

whats this from?!

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    whats this from?!
    Hehehe, I chose it because I knew it would be shocking/new to some people.

It's from that issue of X-Factor (#203) where Monet hallucinates/dreams/whatever that she's stuck in Penance's body again. Some bad guy was using his power on her. I wasn't really paying attention to the plot.

http://www.comicvine.com/x-factor-203/4000-201932/

Prεtty Pεnny

BANNED

ah i figure it out why is she so interesting to me, she reminds me of sarah kerrigan in looks, her hair and claws.

ah i figure it out why is she so interesting to me, she reminds me of sarah kerrigan in looks, her hair and claws.
    I wasn't sure what that was, so I looked it up and: Yeah! Very cool. And very true. ^^

Prεtty Pεnny

BANNED

I wasn't sure what that was, so I looked it up and: Yeah! Very cool. And very true. ^^

one of the best chacthers created by blizzard, love starcraft 2 hearth of the swarm <3

one of the best chacthers created by blizzard, love starcraft 2 hearth of the swarm <3
    Sounds cool. ^.^

At the risk of posting entirely too many semi-off-topic pictures, lol:

The first one is a fan-made pic, the other two are Sarah Kerrigan:

Gotta love those dreads.
    Prεtty Pεnny

BANNED

yup
    10 characthers