Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I am all about this. And I hope whatever they're doing for the GenX anniversary includes her in more than just a peripheral way.
    Thank you. And Hollow is a very interesting character

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    I missed the vote!

I would have voted Mimic # 1 and Hollow # 2, no offence Starleafgirl.

We could start a new Top 100 Vote Thread and get Hollow as a front runner in votes.

That's ok. Hollow will rank higher next time. Where is RichSkitzcale or something similar to that?

BANNED

I want The Loners to return.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I want The Loners to return.
    I think that time has passed. The Loners was going to be about so much more -- there was that whole subplot with Dusk that got swept under the rug, for instance. Now Mattie is dead, Darkhawk is off doing solo things, Namie (Red Ronin) is MIA, and the rest are hanging out with the Avengers Academy kids (the ones who haven't graduated).

If anything, Avengers Academy should return and include what's left of The Loners in their book.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I think that time has passed. The Loners was going to be about so much more -- there was that whole subplot with Dusk that got swept under the rug, for instance. Now Mattie is dead, Darkhawk is off doing solo things, Namie (Red Ronin) is MIA, and the rest are hanging out with the Avengers Academy kids (the ones who haven't graduated).

If anything, Avengers Academy should return and include what's left of The Loners in their book.
    I see. I don't have the loners graphic novel because it's not available. I want to have one because of Hollow and Darkhawk.

I see. I don't have the loners graphic novel because it's not available. I want to have one because of Hollow and Darkhawk.
    It's a shame you don't have it.

I'm going to send you a PM with some eBay links of people selling it who ship internationally. Just be aware that you'll have to pay more to have it shipped outside the United States. And the preferred payment service on eBay is PayPal for a lot of people.

Last edited by Starleafgirl; 05-05-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

So, I was doing an image search for Penance and randomly came across someone using a photomanip-recoloring I did of Hollow of The Loners in their blog here. She places as #26 of Top 50 X-Men characters, beating out Chamber and Monet, using totally indisputable "scientific" methods, haha.

That's pretty cool. I guess it's true: Once you put it out on the internet, it's there for anyone to use! Heh.

Anyway, I also found this figurine; I'm fairly sure we haven't seen it before. It's by El_Customizador_Marvel. You can check out this and his other figures here:
    https://www.figurerealm.com/viewcust...?op=4&id=13018

---

In other "news":

Just a brief reminder of the best Penance cosplay ever:

---

And to round it out, another Avengers Academy-themed sketch:
    Prεtty Pεnny

BANNED

It's a shame you don't have it.

I'm going to send you a PM with some eBay links of people selling it who ship internationally. Just be aware that you'll have to pay more to have it shipped outside the United States. And the preferred payment service on eBay is PayPal for a lot of people.

Thanks. I'm still trying to create a paypal account.

Anyway, check this link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52613

Hollow may have not been mentioned but her image is on it. : )

Thanks. I'm still trying to create a paypal account.

Anyway, check this link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52613

Hollow may have not been mentioned but her image is on it. : )
    Good luck with PayPal. ^.^

Yay! Penny's picture in the CBR newsfeed! And on the top banner! Even though the article isn't about her, it's like a dream come true. ;D

I'm glad they used Generation X's picture for their proposed "Academy X" series over an actually appropriate Academy X cover, hah, such as:

Academy X

A series focusing on the drama that goes along with being a teenager attending a school for mutants feels like a no-brainer, especially considering just how valuable and vocal the teenage demographic is. Think "Harry Potter" meets "Avengers," and you'll get an idea of just how potent this idea is. There are also plenty of characters to pull from, as the X-Men comics tend to introduce a new generation of mutant teens once a decade -- and most of them have been left untouched by the films. Cannonball, Dani Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Boom Boom, Husk, Skin, Chamber, Anole, Pixie, Mercury, Amor, X-23, Tempus -- the list can go on and on. Stick the most popular teen character left relatively untouched by the movies -- Jubilee -- in the lead, and this show could turn into the must-see teen soap.

I totally want the outsider who hangs out in the trees, a.k.a. Penance, to be a character on that show. ;D
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 05-05-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny

BANNED

Good luck with PayPal. ^.^

Yay! Penny's picture in the CBR newsfeed! And on the top banner! Even though the article isn't about her, it's like a dream come true. ;D

I'm glad they used Generation X's picture for their proposed "Academy X" series over an actually appropriate Academy X cover, hah, such as:

Academy X

A series focusing on the drama that goes along with being a teenager attending a school for mutants feels like a no-brainer, especially considering just how valuable and vocal the teenage demographic is. Think "Harry Potter" meets "Avengers," and you'll get an idea of just how potent this idea is. There are also plenty of characters to pull from, as the X-Men comics tend to introduce a new generation of mutant teens once a decade -- and most of them have been left untouched by the films. Cannonball, Dani Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Boom Boom, Husk, Skin, Chamber, Anole, Pixie, Mercury, Amor, X-23, Tempus -- the list can go on and on. Stick the most popular teen character left relatively untouched by the movies -- Jubilee -- in the lead, and this show could turn into the must-see teen soap.

I totally want the outsider who hangs out in the trees, a.k.a. Penance, to be a character on that show. ;D

Definitely a lot of people will love Hollow because she's mysterious and very interesting.

they could also make it an animated series. Characters like Penny & most of the other Gen X, New Mutant & Academy X kids would work better in animation anyway...

I would hate for them to destroy Gen X by making a tv series out of it.

BANNED

a tv series for Generation X would be awesome! I wonder how they would make Hollow. It would require a costume and a lot of make-up just like Mystique.

Definitely a lot of people will love Hollow because she's mysterious and very interesting.
    Yep! And she's just plain interesting to look at, too, which is clearly why they chose her for the banner pic.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    they could also make it an animated series. Characters like Penny & most of the other Gen X, New Mutant & Academy X kids would work better in animation anyway...
    Heck yeah! ^^ An animated series would be cool. I want an animated Penance to go along with the animated X-23 and Jubilee we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I would hate for them to destroy Gen X by making a tv series out of it.
    It's a twenty-year-old comic. At this point, getting any press at all, and raising the profile of these characters, is a good thing. I mean, unless it's as bad as the TV Movie, haha. But Fox cares too much about the X-Men franchise at this point to do that again.

a tv series for Generation X would be awesome! I wonder how they would make Hollow. It would require a costume and a lot of make-up just like Mystique.
    True. They'd have to have good make-up and special effects departments.
    Prεtty Pεnny

God that Gen X movie was horrible! I would not be opposed to an animation. Only if it isn't CG or LEGO version.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    God that Gen X movie was horrible! I would not be opposed to an animation. Only if it isn't CG or LEGO version.
    Agreed; I dislike cheap CGI or Lego-animation. The only CGI I have liked was ReBoot:

Prεtty Pεnny