Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    BANNED

No signs of Hollow in Generation x #3.

BANNED

I'm really hoping Karma pops up to care for (or mourn) Face. Penance/Hollow ought to be around given how the St Croix dynamic works. Though it's possible they'll use Bling instead as M-plate can theoretically feed off of her more than most members of the mutant community.

Though I don't think Gen X is off to a great start, there are definitely steps that can be taken to improve it slightly. Penance/Hollow is one of them

Gen X and Penny Devotee

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'm really hoping Karma pops up to care for (or mourn) Face. Penance/Hollow ought to be around given how the St Croix dynamic works. Though it's possible they'll use Bling instead as M-plate can theoretically feed off of her more than most members of the mutant community.

Though I don't think Gen X is off to a great start, there are definitely steps that can be taken to improve it slightly. Penance/Hollow is one of them
    I'm not clear on the Karma character. While I haven't taken any advanced looks at #3, I'm sure you have a key point, but have somethings wrong. First of, M-Plate is not a factor here. M-Plate was an amalgamation of Marius and the Twins, with a strange agenda all its own, but maybe fueled by Marius's own quest for power. However, let me suggest one idea. It is quite possible that Emplate has left an impression on those he has used as food, and those he has thralled. Maybe a phantom link that allows prey to sense when the predator is around. This would mean that Penance, Jubilee and Bling!, if they were all together there, would know he is about. They might act a bit more agitated, or on edge. I've run with this idea in some of my fics, and if they are unaware of this, they might not know it for what it is until too late.

As for its start, I'm giving it a chance. It's a different era, with different situations than the 90's version. To expect the same as the original version is folly.

BANNED

I dont even think Hollow will even show up in the new Generation X ongoing series. But I hope I'm wrong

Gen X and Penny Devotee

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I dont even think Hollow will even show up in the new Generation X ongoing series. But I hope I'm wrong
    The series is still young. There is tons of time for her to show up in one form or another. I'm still waiting to read both 2 and 3, and that is because my comic shop forgot to put aside those two issues, even though I paid for them in advance.

Gen X and Penny Devotee

I just checked out the next two covers for Generation X. There may be hope for Penny showing up in the future. Judging by the cover they have for Issue 6, I'm guessing that they are bringing back the villain Arcade. Mind you, I'm not overly familiar with all his comic appearances.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    yeah maybe not. Or maybe her powers have since grown/evolved and she can mentally silence Emplate's voice so she couldn't hear his taunting in her mind. He would then truly be trapped & powerless. I just think it would be cool for his end to come from her, one of his first victims that was introduced to us in Gen X 1.
    Definitely poetic justice that the prison Marius created for Monet would end up being his own prison, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Now that would be justice!

Unfortunately, Emplate would eventually break free (So Marvel can refresh the copyright to his character)
    LOL yeah, nothing is permanent at Marvel. *pause* ...except for the deaths of GenXers. D:

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I just had an interesting thought.... Those beings in that other dimension.... Why do they focus on Marius and not Bling or Penance?
    I think it's a proximity thing. Bling and Penance were only ever in Marius's lighthouse prison, so they never saw them. Meanwhile, Rogue was outside and got chased by them.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post

Yeah, I think New Emplate is gonna want to get Bling back, she knows Bling was a good meal for Emplate... If Penance was around, that'd be even better, but only one out of those two are a regular castmember in the new Generation X book, so... ;D

What I really want to see is Penance's story told via flashback when Hindsight touches her, like what he did with Face. All we would need is one way-back panel of her as a human or a forest-filled panel of her BEFORE she met Marius to confirm canonically that she's a real person/mutant and not just some magical prison.

I'd love to see Penance join the cast, even just as an occasional guest star who spends more time in the Central Park woods than with her fellow mutants!

Quote Originally Posted by RichSkitzCale View Post
    I just checked out the next two covers for Generation X. There may be hope for Penny showing up in the future. Judging by the cover they have for Issue 6, I'm guessing that they are bringing back the villain Arcade. Mind you, I'm not overly familiar with all his comic appearances.
    I hope she will, but I'm beginning to doubt we'll see her before Issue 6... XD

======================

Penance gets a mention and is briefly shown in this video, but not when her name actually comes up. Disappointing.

However, she gets called Penance, not Hollow (not that there would be any reason to call her that here), so that's something.

======================

Just got the latest commission of Penance in the mail! It's even more gorgeous in real life. Any imperfections are due to my scanner, not in the art itself. ;D

Artist is Philip Mats:
    https://www.facebook.com/phil.mats78
    http://stonemeta.deviantart.com/
    https://www.etsy.com/people/phillipmats
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 07-03-2017 at 08:52 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Gen X and Penny Devotee

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Definitely poetic justice that the prison Marius created for Monet would end up being his own prison, heh.

LOL yeah, nothing is permanent at Marvel. *pause* ...except for the deaths of GenXers. D:

I think it's a proximity thing. Bling and Penance were only ever in Marius's lighthouse prison, so they never saw them. Meanwhile, Rogue was outside and got chased by them.

Yeah, I think New Emplate is gonna want to get Bling back, she knows Bling was a good meal for Emplate... If Penance was around, that'd be even better, but only one out of those two are a regular castmember in the new Generation X book, so... ;D

What I really want to see is Penance's story told via flashback when Hindsight touches her, like what he did with Face. All we would need is one way-back panel of her as a human or a forest-filled panel of her BEFORE she met Marius to confirm canonically that she's a real person/mutant and not just some magical prison.

I'd love to see Penance join the cast, even just as an occasional guest star who spends more time in the Central Park woods than with her fellow mutants!

I hope she will, but I'm beginning to doubt we'll see her before Issue 6... XD

======================

Penance gets a mention and is briefly shown in this video, but not when her name actually comes up. Disappointing.

However, she gets called Penance, not Hollow (not that there would be any reason to call her that here), so that's something.

======================

Just got the latest commission of Penance in the mail! It's even more gorgeous in real life. Any imperfections are due to my scanner, not in the art itself. ;D

Artist is Philip Mats:
    https://www.facebook.com/phil.mats78
    http://stonemeta.deviantart.com/
    https://www.etsy.com/people/phillipmats
    I will have to check out the video later.

i am very happy to see this thread. i was always fascinated by the charaxter of penance and hated what later writers turned her into. "just a shell for souls". is there a fact that penance will return? pr are you fans just speculating cause of the generation x comic?

love the new Penny commission starleaf, so pretty!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    i am very happy to see this thread. i was always fascinated by the charaxter of penance and hated what later writers turned her into. "just a shell for souls". is there a fact that penance will return? pr are you fans just speculating cause of the generation x comic?
    Somewhat but moreoverly be because of the Emplate who is controlling M''s body.

Gen X and Penny Devotee

I'd say we are all fans of Penny here. We speculate on if she'll appear in the new series. We discuss other things about her too, like artwork and fanfiction.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Welcome to the thread! It's always nice to see a fan of Penance from before the "shell for souls" retcon.

There isn't a fact that Penance will return, but the writer of the new Generation X comic pressed "Like" on my comment on Twitter when I mentioned the original Generation X returning for Marvel Legacy in September, so there's hope. And plenty of speculation, hah.

For Marvel Legacy, the new Generation X comic will play along by having a special "Generation X #85" issue, whose description currently reads "OG GEN X" which would suggest getting the '90s team back together, for at least an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    love the new Penny commission starleaf, so pretty!
    Thanks! I'm glad it turned out so well. ^.^
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Gen X and Penny Devotee

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Welcome to the thread! It's always nice to see a fan of Penance from before the "shell for souls" retcon.

There isn't a fact that Penance will return, but the writer of the new Generation X comic pressed "Like" on my comment on Twitter when I mentioned the original Generation X returning for Marvel Legacy in September, so there's hope. And plenty of speculation, hah.

For Marvel Legacy, the new Generation X comic will play along by having a special "Generation X #85" issue, whose description currently reads "OG GEN X" which would suggest getting the '90s team back together, for at least an issue.

Thanks! I'm glad it turned out so well. ^.^
    I sense a typo. The original Generation X ended at issue 75. And this one hasn't broken double digits yet. Maybe that 85 should be 8?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RichSkitzCale View Post
    I sense a typo. The original Generation X ended at issue 75. And this one hasn't broken double digits yet. Maybe that 85 should be 8?
    It's definitely a typo