Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast

I lost interest after the whole she is monet she is now the twins, now she isn’t mess. I still wish she was her own character named Yvette.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I lost interest after the whole she is monet she is now the twins, now she isn’t mess. I still wish she was her own character named Yvette.
    I want Hollow to be one of the twins, particularly Claudette.

But I want Nicole too to be similar to her but with a different color.

Claudette is the existing red while Nicole will be color gold.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 11-22-2017 at 08:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RichSkitzCale View Post
    Yes, it was most definitely Banshee. That was one of my favorite moments as well.
    RichSkitzCale, don't forget to vote for Penance here: http://community.comicbookresources....ll-of-Comicdom

Maybe Vincente has been inside Hollow this whole time.

Gen X and Penny Devotee

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I hear you on that. I still view her as her own character named Yvette, at least in my fics.

BANNED

I hear you on that. I still view her as her own character named Yvette, at least in my fics.
    Wait. Who is Yvette again?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Wait. Who is Yvette again?
    Wasn’t that one of Monet’s dozen or so middle names?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

As far as I know, in-universe, Yvette was only used by Marius. But the behind the scenes stuff has it that the creators intended for it to be her birth name and for her to be a separate person from M and the twins.

Anyone ever heard of an australian Kutji? Kinda reminds me of Penance.

Gen X and Penny Devotee

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    As far as I know, in-universe, Yvette was only used by Marius. But the behind the scenes stuff has it that the creators intended for it to be her birth name and for her to be a separate person from M and the twins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Wasn’t that one of Monet’s dozen or so middle names?
    Correct marhawkman. Penance was initially planned to be a fourteen year old girl from the former Yugoslavia. It is said she was also supposed to be deaf, which would explain the failed attempts to communicate to her. Most of this was ignored, or reworked into Monet's back ground when Hama took over, and the truth of M came out. Fans from the original days of Generation X, like myself, still refer to Penance as Yvette, Penny, or the real Penance, but keep up with things by also referring to her as Hollow. This is why I will always try to call her by one of those names, and always keep using Yvette.

Besides, do we really want to think of Penance and Monet as the same person after she willingly allowed her brother to merge with her.
    Last edited by RichSkitzCale; 11-25-2017 at 02:08 PM.

BANNED

Correct marhawkman. Penance was initially planned to be a fourteen year old girl from the former Yugoslavia. It is said she was also supposed to be deaf, which would explain the failed attempts to communicate to her. Most of this was ignored, or reworked into Monet's back ground when Hama took over, and the truth of M came out. Fans from the original days of Generation X, like myself, still refer to Penance as Yvette, Penny, or the real Penance, but keep up with things by also referring to her as Hollow. This is why I will always try to call her by one of those names, and always keep using Yvette.

Besides, do we really want to think of Penance and Monet as the same person after she willingly allowed her brother to merge with her.

Confusing, hahahaha

Also, it explains why they were four separate people after Jubilee blew them up. The idea that Penance is just a transformed M doesn't work when you have them staring at each other across a room...

I'm not sure it's actually confirmed, but my head-canon is that Marius kept her around because she was one of the few people who wouldn't die or become transformed from him feeding on her. Apparently this is why he later abducted Bling!. He was hoping Bling! would have a similar resiliency.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yea originally there wasn't any of this "M-Mplate-twins" nonsense.

BANNED

She doesnt look 14 years old for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    She doesnt look 14 years old for me.
    Enh, it's a comic book that kinda goes with the territory.