Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Wow a trailer i like even more then Thor Ragnarok 2nd trailer. Didnt think that would happen this year

I've never been more hyped for a Marvel movie.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In all fairness, BP has a costume that actually works in live action. I'm not certain how good Wolverines suit would like. For him no costume might work better.
    I don't want to derail this thread, but Logan has literally more than a dozen costumes(I think). If you can't make at least one of them work in live action, then you are probably a crappy costume designer.

And this one looks pretty good to me:

BANNED

if I ever saw that in a film, Id laugh my ass off

seriously

yeaaaah, he has costumes that can work but he either needs to not be wearing a mask at all or one without the dorky ears or whatever the pointy bits are supposed to be, they don't translate at all to live action, and to be perfectly honest he doesn't wear a costume half the time in comics anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    yeaaaah, he has costumes that can work but he either needs to not be wearing a mask at all or one without the dorky ears or whatever the pointy bits are supposed to be, they don't translate at all to live action, and to be perfectly honest he doesn't wear a costume half the time in comics anyway
    The one from the Logan comic looks like it could've worked, I think.

Especially since it matched the design of the other X-Men costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Even if you COULD get a costume to work, the other half of the equation is finding a way to justify him wearing a costume.

That's the cool thing with Black Panther. He's got an actual reason to wear his costume. A lot of heroes don't necessarily have that and wear costumes just because.

God, I love that Black Panther can morph into his suit. Now he just needs explosions behind him whenever he transforms.

Everything about this is powerful. My only gripe is that, once again, our Marvel hero faces an opponent with a near identical powerset. I know Killmonger has many of T'Challa's abilities (both super and not), but the jaguar/panther-copy suit is new, even right down to the henshin.

Great beat.

However, I hope not the entire film's soundtrack will be Hip-Hop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    God, I love that Black Panther can morph into his suit. Now he just needs explosions behind him whenever he transforms.

Everything about this is powerful. My only gripe is that, once again, our Marvel hero faces an opponent with a near identical powerset. I know Killmonger has many of T'Challa's abilities (both super and not), but the jaguar/panther-copy suit is new, even right down to the henshin.
    Maybe it's a good thing Marvel Studios doesn't have access to Venom .

So they made the BP that looks like the comic costume into the evil one? That's messed up.

Still dont like the soundtrack.
    Last edited by Sighphi; 10-16-2017 at 11:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    So they made the BP that looks like the costume into the evil one? That's messed up.

Still dont like the soundtrack.
    yeah, well

that's just like your opinion, man

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

That CGI needs a lot of work. It seems cool otherwise.

I'm unsure about that music, didn't really mesh with the futuristic yet traditional vibe that was going on in the trailer imo.
    That being said...

WOW.

I LOVED the costumes. Everything was so colorful !
    T'challa's mother was so beautiful in that dress and with that headset, so regal...! I would love to wear something like that someday, LOVED it.
    Seeing Shuri in there was also great, her interaction with T'challa was fun to watch !

And even though Wakanda looked spectacular, my favorite scène was that eerily walk of T'challa in that plain, with the sky ablaze above him. Splendid.

Excellent trailer, I'll have to watch it some more though, can't keep the eyes off of it.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    is there an Oscar for 'Blackest Movie'?

there should be
    No, there shouldn't.