Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

They did OK because they were actually good movies.
    Unless New Mutants is meant as a stand-alone apart from the other pictures, I don't see how it not feeling x-meny is a good thing.
    It's not mutually exclusive with veering toward horror genre.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Derail the thread? What are you talking about?

Anyways, Logan looked nothing like a comic book movie, and that did fine.

They've just finished filming last month, so they've probably not finished polishing the powers. Remember, Magik is supposed to weild her soulsword, got starters.
    Countrary to the NM teaser, Logan's trailers were actually balanced, you could tell this was related to the X-verse even if it flirted with à Western vibe.
    Of course, Wolverine being easily recognizable with his powerset sure helped.
    New Mutants ? If it weren't for the wording of mutant, one would have no clue it's related to the X-verse. Now here we know those characters, we can pickup on things, but we are not the ones to be convinced about seeing comicbook movies, general audience is.
    It looked generic horror flick, how is that different from the million ones who come out every year ? Pretty sure I can go on YouTube and find trailers similar to the teaser we saw for NM.

Anyway, I'll stick to talk about Black Panther now, I'm just gonna point out how the BP *teaser* did a way better job selling its movie to the public back during SDCC this summer, and move on.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 10-16-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

*me after seeing the trailer*

that was a nice trailer .
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    *me after seeing the trailer*

Yup tickets preview night and every childs toy they make for it my sons getting one.

Ah....awesome.
    Don't see the issue with it being panther suit vs panther suit. Same power vs same power has worked in comics for decades.
    Hmm. I forgot the dudes name who is playing Killmonger just now, but I normally don't like him much as an actor. But from what I've seen so fqf he's coming off awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Ah....awesome.
    Don't see the issue with it being panther suit vs panther suit. Same power vs same power has worked in comics for decades.
    Hmm. I forgot the dudes name who is playing Killmonger just now, but I normally don't like him much as an actor. But from what I've seen so fqf he's coming off awesome.
    Micheal B Jordon.

And I guess BP suit vs BP suit is probably the only way they can fight on a level playing field. If Killmonger doesn't have one, it likely won't be a fair fight. And unless Killmonger has Wakanda level resources, he's probably just going to steal one of T'CHalla's suits. Or at least that's my guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Ah....awesome.
    Michael B Jordan

he was in Fruitvale Station (excellent film), Chronicle (excellent film), Creed (excellent film), also played Wallace in The Wire

Anyone think the poster looks like Baz Lurhmann's the Black Gatzby
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Oh yeah, we've got Wakanda tech, we've got Klaw's sonic weapon, we've got the *%#@$ Panther Spirits! If I wasn't hyped enough they double down the reasons to see this movie, Long Live the King!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Anyone think the poster looks like Baz Lurhmann's the Black Gatzby
    and Im fine with that

Well, they weren't kidding about the Blade Runner influence. That said, it fits right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Heh. T'Challa and Shuri have their own sibling handhsake of sorts .

I wonder if T'Challa in that trippy environment is him trying to communicate with Bast? Or maybe it's like when he was King of the Dead and he's trying to contact T'Chaka from beyond the grave?

Judging by his accent it definitely doesn't seem like Killmonger was raised in Wakanda, so I'm guessing that's still part of his origin (I'm not sure if that was mentioned in interviews).

T'Challa and Killmonger's fight in their suits looks like it's going to be amazing but I wish they'd done a little more with Killmonger's suit then "gold Black Panther," but I get what they were referencing.

I'm a little disappointed they're not using the cone design for Klaw's sonic device.
    Yeah, it looks like T'Challa might be about to commune with Bast. I see at least one black panther in those trees...

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

DAAAAAAAANGGGGGGG!!!!

The New Era of Marvel Movie has Brought a Whole New Game to the Landscape of How Beautiful a Movie can Be!

This and Thor: Ragnarok are Re-Defining the Definition of what Marvel and Comic Book Movies should look like! These are Whole New Levels of Beautiful and they feel like Living Comic Books with ALL that Vibrant Color!

Black Panther Well Deserved a Movie Like this for Such a Legend!

These are the Best Kind of Movies to Lead-Up to Infinity War!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 10-16-2017 at 08:40 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    DAAAAAAAANGGGGGGG!!!!

The New Era of Marvel Movie has Brought a Whole New Game to the Landscape of How Beautiful a Movie can Be!

This and Thor: Ragnarok are Re-Defining the Definition of what Marvel and Comic Book Movies should look like! These are Whole New Levels of Beautiful and they feel like Living Comic Books with ALL that Vibrant Color!

Black Panther Well Deserved a Movie Like this for Such a Legend!

These are the Best Kind of Movies to Lead-Up to Infinity War!
    ICAM with this post. The next three Marvel films are going to be amazing IMO. I don't think Thor Ragnarok will be but I now think much like Avengers Infinity War Black Panther will be a billion dollar movie IMO.