Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I am going to force my entire extended family to see BP. My mother hates SciFi, doesn't care for action movies, and prefers low key films, but I'm still getting her a ticket. I am assuming the film will be rated pg13, which would be good to filter out excessive vulgar rap music. No issue with rap, but a purely instrumental score is my preference.

PS: is it too early to think members of the supporting cast could have their kind of panther spin off show?

BANNED

Too loud and cartoony for me. Danai Gurira looks cool though.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

A lot of haters on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Which isn't really because of a Black Panther trailer.

Ultimate Member

WOW!! They weren't kidding about Shuri being a tech genius on par with Tony Stark (assuming that she built/designed those Black Panther suits/light car). In fact, this seems even more impressive than the stuff that Tony has built. Now I REALLY want to see those two meet at some point.

Amazing Member

I'm of two minds about the "hero and villain get powers from the same source" formula that Marvel has been using since literally day one:

On the one hand, I totally see why they do it. It means they only have to explain the main idea of the powers once, it allows for a bit more character work as the hero and villain are using the abilities differently according to their character, and allows the audience more time with the hero since we don't need to see a villain origin story too.

On the other hand, it is more than a little repetitive at this point.

Where I think this movie will pull things out is that, as I recall, Captain America: Civil War explicitly separated the roles of King and Black Panther. T'Challa was already The Black Panther, Wakanda's greatest warrior, while his father was still king - at least that's the vibe I got. Opens the door some interesting and pre-existing rivalry between T'Challa and Killmonger.

Extraordinary Member

2018 seems so far way really pumped for this!

BANNED

This is trailer is the most beautiful thing I have seen in only God knows long! This is the type of film I have waited all my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    This is what they do when they aren't wearing their white sheets and marching in Charlottesville

Checked it out the trailer last night...4 times in a row. Just trying to pick up new things with each view.

Looks pretty damn epic.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

I dont want to hear about you all watching this on the Fire stick

take your black assess to this movie, get a ride if your tags are expired

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I am going to force my entire extended family to see BP. My mother hates SciFi, doesn't care for action movies, and prefers low key films, but I'm still getting her a ticket. I am assuming the film will be rated pg13, which would be good to filter out excessive vulgar rap music. No issue with rap, but a purely instrumental score is my preference.
    Lol...all of marvel studios' films are pg-13, so it's not going to change with this one.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

Hope the rap music is vulgar as possible. Need to see T'Challa beating up criminals to some Too $hort

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Walker View Post

Where I think this movie will pull things out is that, as I recall, Captain America: Civil War explicitly separated the roles of King and Black Panther. T'Challa was already The Black Panther, Wakanda's greatest warrior, while his father was still king - at least that's the vibe I got. Opens the door some interesting and pre-existing rivalry between T'Challa and Killmonger.
    That's how it was established in Priest's run until Hudlin changed it.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Showed my mom the trailer. She is hyper for the movie. Lol. 65 years old and hyper to see Black Panther movie. This just goes to show that all of y'all need to show your parents and grandparents parents this trailer. Explain to them a bit about Wakanda as well.

Movie should legit be a blow out success. Hyped.

Trailer looks good. I thought Black Panther was the most exciting thing about Civil War. Definitely the film I'm anticipating the most from Marvel. Even above Ragnarok and Infinity War.