Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I liked this one. Good to see Tiger, but dick move by Alfred. That wasn't his to tell. Can't wait for the Talia confrontation. Though poor Damian. Its always just so damn complicated and volatile when it comes to his parents.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-18-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Ok, I have some issues. Why are they on horseback? Bruce has a million vehicles that could get him there. Did he bring the shotgun because he somehow knew one of the horses would collapse? Why was it Selinas horse that collapsed? Bruce, wearing the full Batarmor would have 150+ lbs on Selina, at least.

What was that bullshit with Jason saying Duke was Robin?

But all that aside 10/10 for surprise Tiger cameo.

Am I the only one who thinks the Bat Cat thing is cute?

Nothing to see here!
    Last edited by Lady Nightwing; 10-18-2017 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Double post

Mighty Member

Meh issue. Talia is going to get crapped on, but she's busy having orgies ion the desert so why does she care? Everyone looked too old in the family scene.The best part was Tiger. I still hate this relationship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Ok, I have some issues. Why are they on horseback? Bruce has a million vehicles that could get him there. Did he bring the shotgun because he somehow knew one of the horses would collapse? Why was it Selinas horse that collapsed? Bruce, wearing the full Batarmor would have 150+ lbs on Selina, at least.

What was that bullshit with Jason saying Duke was Robin?

But all that aside 10/10 for surprise Tiger cameo.

Am I the only one who thinks the Bat Cat thing is cute?
    The Tiger cameo is the one good thing out of it. That felt organic. The rest? It`s like the characters were on meth. Damian goes from calling the others children and then has a meltdown like he`s 10 years old again over a mother whose relationship is shakey nowadays at best. This is twice Duke comes in with Jason being a villain thing like he`s on the high horse (eh lol). Jason`s dialogue to Duke made absolutely no sense and doesn`t read anything like him. Bruce keeps earning points in being a shit person. Hey, at least Ace and Jason was a stalemate after all, you can bump Jay in the King category, people!

Cool Tiger cameo, great storytelling (the page of reactions over the revelation is bar none the best and looks amazing) but the rest? Bananas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I liked this one. Good to see Tiger, but dick move by Alfred. That wasn't his to tell. Can't wait for the Talia confrontation. Though poor Damian. Its always just so damn complicated and volatile when it comes to his parents.
    Bruce didn`t and wouldn`t tell and Alfred reveals it to them because according to the JL, Bruce is currently in a off-bounds location and Mia technically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    The Tiger cameo is the one good thing out of it. That felt organic. The rest? It`s like the characters were on meth. Damian goes from calling the others children and then has a meltdown like he`s 10 years old again over a mother whose relationship is shakey nowadays at best. This is twice Duke comes in with Jason being a villain thing like he`s on the high horse (eh lol). Jason`s dialogue to Duke made absolutely no sense and doesn`t read anything like him. Bruce keeps earning points in being a shit person. Hey, at least Ace and Jason was a stalemate after all, you can bump Jay in the King category, people!

Cool Tiger cameo, great storytelling (the page of reactions over the revelation is bar none the best and looks amazing) but the rest? Bananas.
    This does really bother me. Bruce should have talked to his thirteen year old son about getting married. Dick and Jason are both grown ups, it's no skin off their arse. But it's kind of obvious that Damian would be upset. Bruce is a shitty dad 80% of the time. Weirdest thing with this issue though was the orgy. Still the art was gorgeous. Talia in particular has never looked better.

Bruce would have told them when he was ready, probably. Alfred didn’t even give him a chance. And so what if Bruce is in an off bounds location.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Talia in particular has never looked better.
    Not sure about that
    Attached Images Attached Images

This does really bother me. Bruce should have talked to his thirteen year old son about getting married. Dick and Jason are both grown ups, it's no skin off their arse. But it's kind of obvious that Damian would be upset. Bruce is a shitty dad 80% of the time. Weirdest thing with this issue though was the orgy. Still the art was gorgeous. Talia in particular has never looked better.
    The Bat kids looked way too old, especially Damian. And I was not a fan of Talia's art in this, personally. But yea, the orgy really threw me off.

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a "oh Talia was just testing them all along" kind of "twist" later on.

The orgy thing took me by surprise, but I don't know that it's BAD per se. I mean we know that Talia isn't 100% against sleeping with other people besides Bruce. It's just that it's never been like 15 of them at once before (at least that we've seen).

But hey maybe being dead (that still happened in the Rebirth timeline didn't it) for awhile changed her perspective or something.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 10-18-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Not sure about that
    Eh, the bewbs look fake and her waist is too narrow.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

This whole King run has been such a huge disappointment for me. Just way too many things that make no sense thrown in for a "cool" moment. If you are going to have them on horseback can we at least get a line of dialogue that says the airspace is tripwired to alert Cyborg if anyone enters it? And riding a horse until death exhaustion seems out of character for Bruce and Selina - especially in an issue where BatCow is referenced. Isn't there a BatCat dune buggy? And Bruce takes off to Talia before telling Damian? Can anyone make sense of that for me?
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 10-18-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Actually, apart from the continued dialogue of bat-catting, this issue might be my favorite of the run. I dug most of it, thought it felt the most post-Grayson (for obvious reasons) and the most post-Morrison of his stuff so far. I dug the art, though I'll agree the likenesses all felt just a smidge off. I really dug Jason feuding with Ace.

I'm sure a re-read will draw out some critiques but yeah, really dug this one.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    This whole King run has been such a huge disappointment for me. Just way too many things that make no sense thrown in for a "cool" moment. If you are going to have them on horseback can we at least get a line of dialogue that says the airspace is tripwired to alert Cyborg if anyone enters it? And riding a horse until death exhaustion seems out of character for Bruce and Selina - especially in an issue where BatCow is referenced. Isn't there a BatCat dune buggy? And Bruce takes off to Talia before telling Damian? Can anyone make sense of that for me?
    King said that Batman is trying to get Holly Robinson back; she escaped in Batman #15 to Khandaq (Bruce cleared the death penalty for Selina; but her name isn't cleared yet).