Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman January 2018 Solicitations. The return of....

Silver Swan.

WONDER WOMAN #38
    Written by James Robinson, art by Emanuela Lupacchino, cover by Paul Renaud, variant cover by Jenny Frison.
    "Swan's Song," part one! Vanessa Kapatelis thought the world of Wonder Woman -- nobody had treated her with more kindness after the accident that shattered her life. But tragedy wasn't finished with Vanessa...and she's come to believe that the woman she trusted most is the author of everything that happened to her!
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Jan. 10.

WONDER WOMAN #39
    Written by James Robinson, art by Emanuela Lupacchino, cover by Paul Renaud, variant cover by Jenny Frison.
    "Swan's Song," part two! While Wonder Woman reckons with the savage descent of the young woman she put her faith in, her brother Jason is left wondering if Wonder Woman will always be there for him, or if a similar fate awaits him! And Steve Trevor hasn't given up on the trail of Darkseid and Grail...unfortunately for him, it's put him face-to-face with the Female Furies!
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Jan. 24.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #36
    Written by Christopher Priest, art and cover by Pete Woods, variant cover by J.G. Jones.
    "Justice Lost" part three! Footage of a major Justice League failure ends up on an extremist website, going viral across social media and prompting a Congressional investigation of the team. As public debate explodes over America's trust in the Justice League, the team faces a crisis of confidence in Batman and his methods, which ultimately highlights fractures within the team over civil rights and methodology.
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Jan. 3.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #37
    Written by Christopher Priest, art and cover by Pete Woods, variant cover by J.G. Jones.
    "Justice Lost," part four! As public confidence in the League continues to fall, strained relationships within the team are set aside when Simon Baz is kidnapped by the mysterious figure known as the Fan: a zealous Justice League acolyte who was inspired by the team as a youth and who now deals death to the League's enemies. The Fan knows literally every detail about the League membership's powers and tactics, and easily turns their own systems and resources against them "for their own good."
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Jan. 17.

TRINITY #17
    Written by James Robinson, art and cover by Patrick Zircher, variant cover by Bill Sienkiewicz.
    "No Home for You Here," part one! Batman and Superman embarked on a quest to help Wonder Woman rediscover Themyscira, but finding Diana's lost homeland proves more difficult than these three heroes expected. While on their journey, a distress call from a nearby ship turns out to be more than meets the eye, and the Trinity find themselves marooned on the dread island of Skartaris. To make their way back home, our heroes will have to overcome Deimos, who will stop at nothing to seal off Skartaris from the rest of world forever!
    32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Jan. 17.

She also features in the second half of the Super Friends arc of Batman:

BATMAN #38
    Written by Tom King, art by Joelle Jones, cover by Mikel Janin, variant cover by Olivier Coipel.
    "Superfriends," part three! Batman and Wonder Woman fight together in an epic battle that will define and redefine their relationship. What bonds these two pillars of the DC Universe together? What might tear them apart? Find out as Batman continues his quest for the one thing he's never had: happiness.
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Jan. 3.

BATMAN #39
    Written by Tom King, art and cover by Joelle Jones, variant cover by Olivier Coipel.
    "Superfriends" finale. Since the beginning, the friendship between Batman and Wonder Woman has stood at the heart of the DC Universe. Now that friendship is coming apart, and as it does the universe itself begins to crumble. The conclusion of Batman's epic team-up with Wonder Woman!

"Piller". "Heart". Yeah, right.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-16-2017 at 02:42 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

First Giganta and now the Silver Swan. Robinson is adding to the work that Greg Rucka did and revitalizing Wonder Woman's rogues gallery. I wonder if this is writers' choice or perhaps DC has finally listened to those of us who have been asking for the Wonder-rogues to be modernized for the last 7 years. This is long overdue and a welcome change from mediocre to lousy threats like the Morrigan, First Born, Cassandra, and Faux Aegeus & Faux Dr. Poison.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I love this. I especially like that they're using the Vanessa version of Silver Swan as that builds on past canon, in this case the Perez run. Just only a couple of years ago I would never have expected the return of some of my favorite GA villains: Eviless and Dr. Poison and now the hits keep on coming. Maybe we can get a new Villainy Inc. down the road.

Extra solicit for Donna fans:
    TITANS #19
    Written by DAN ABNETT
    Art and cover by PAUL PELLETIER and ANDREW HENNESSY
    Variant cover by DAN MORA
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
    “Who is Troia?” The Titans attempt to regain their balance after their epic clash with Troia—Donna’s villainous future self—and look toward a brighter tomorrow. But the Justice League wants answers about Donna Troy’s true nature, and they’ll get them—even if it means shutting down the Titans for good!
    On sale JANUARY 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    First Giganta and now the Silver Swan. Robinson is adding to the work that Greg Rucka did and revitalizing Wonder Woman's rogues gallery. I wonder if this is writers' choice or perhaps DC has finally listened to those of us who have been asking for the Wonder-rogues to be modernized for the last 7 years. This is long overdue and a welcome change from mediocre to lousy threats like the Morrigan, First Born, Cassandra, and Faux Aegeus & Faux Dr. Poison.
    Perhaps a little from column a and a little from column b. Considering that so much of Rebirth and Metal is now reintroducing LOTS from the DC past that we haven't seen in a while - across most of their titles - I'd like to think that this is a general mandate with perhaps the specifics chosen by the author in regards to what excites them to write.

Thoughts:

- Getting the Vanessa Silver Swan back is a nice surprise, and I'm curious how much of the Post-Crisis history between Diana and the Kapatelis' might be back. And could this possibly be connected to the return of Cassie?

- Looks like Diana is still trying to find Themyscira, and Robinson is now spearheading all the main Wonder Woman plots in two different books.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Extra solicit for Donna fans:
    TITANS #19
    Written by DAN ABNETT
    Art and cover by PAUL PELLETIER and ANDREW HENNESSY
    Variant cover by DAN MORA
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
    “Who is Troia?” The Titans attempt to regain their balance after their epic clash with Troia—Donna’s villainous future self—and look toward a brighter tomorrow. But the Justice League wants answers about Donna Troy’s true nature, and they’ll get them—even if it means shutting down the Titans for good!
    On sale JANUARY 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    It looks like we're getting another new origin for Donna .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks like we're getting another new origin for Donna .
    So where are we on Donna Troy origin retcons? #42?

Also reintroducing Silver Swan, sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    So where are we on Donna Troy origin retcons? #42?

Also reintroducing Silver Swan, sounds good.
    If so, only 10 more until we reach Didio's favorite number! THAT'S got to the one that sticks... right?

Should she stay Silver Swan? Also, it seems like a mix of the Silver swan from the solicitations.One of the original silver Swan Valerie Beaudry. I do hope their mix all the original powers of the three swans.

Helen Alexandros has superhuman strength. It was speculated that Valerie Beaudry had the ability to rearrange matter with her voice (but she never had a chance to be trained in doing so). Vanessa Kapatelis has the telepathic ability to control birds.

Has Giganta been appearing a lot in the comics?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-16-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This is a pleasant surprise. I'm glad Robinson is going to continue revamping Wonder Woman's villains for the Rebirth continuity. Hopefully this indicates that more will be done with Giganta, and that we will be getting more returns as well. And while the Jason/Grail stuff is still in there, I'm glad it's not going to dominate Robinson's run. The choice of Vanessa is a bit weird though. I don't think the Kapatelis women can fit into Diana's life in the exact same way as before, as Barbara Ann pretty much filled Julia's role. I also wonder if Vanessa is going to get Helen Alexandros's blood ties to Helen of Troy, another of Zeus's bastards.

I'm pumped to see King take on Diana. As long as there are no romantic undertones to this whole thing, I'm down as I love their friendship. And is Robisnon taking over Trinity? Be cool if he's using it to do even more WW-related things, as he's following up with Deimos after Rucka's run. I wonder what has become of Phobos?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This is a pleasant surprise. I'm glad Robinson is going to continue revamping Wonder Woman's villains for the Rebirth continuity. Hopefully this indicates that more will be done with Giganta, and that we will be getting more returns as well. And while the Jason/Grail stuff is still in there, I'm glad it's not going to dominate Robinson's run. The choice of Vanessa is a bit weird though. I don't think the Kapatelis women can fit into Diana's life in the exact same way as before, as Barbara Ann pretty much filled Julia's role. I also wonder if Vanessa is going to get Helen Alexandros's blood ties to Helen of Troy, another of Zeus's bastards.
    Barbara Ann also transformed into Cheetah, so she couldn't really fill that role for a good deal of Diana's Superhero career.

“SUPER SONS OF TOMORROW” finale! With no other choice left, the Batman of Tomorrow brings in the Titans of Tomorrow to take on today’s Teen Titans—as the life of Superman’s son hangs in the balance! See the return of future Superman Conner Kent, Wonder Woman Cassie Sandsmark and Bart Allen Flash in the final battle of this epic crossover.

So Cassie is the Wonder Woman of the future.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Robinson said that he would take inspiration from Perez... it makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    "Piller". "Heart". Yeah, right.
    What is the SM/WW friendship then?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-16-2017 at 04:11 PM.

I said I wasn’t gonna pick Wondy after the whole Lost Brother thing, but if Vanessa is returning then that obviously changes the tone.

N/M, I'll complain about that element in the proper place.

Looking forward to the Silver Swan stuff. This is wayyy before my time with WW, back then I was solely into Superman, so it'll be nice to get introduced to a classic character.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-16-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El