Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Since never. Superman and Wonder Woman's has that kind of classic nature to it. Superman and Batman. Hal Jordan and Green Arrow. Etc. But not this. This is just trying WAY too hard to make Batman's relationship with her seem on par with the history of his relationship with Clark to add weight to nature of the story which apparently has to do with shoring things up between his friends because he's getting married. Or something.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-17-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Since when?
    Since King had kinky phone calls overnight with Rucka.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Batman... I think that batman is going to lose all his allies.(until now seems that they are against selina). Damn King.. I am out of this..
    Perhaps to gain love, he must lose everything.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

The only friendship I'd really miss was the friendship with Clark. Its wholly unnecessary, but if that were the direction they went to facilitate him marrying Selina...I'd still take it. Again, annoyed at the idea of a goofy give and take scenario, but I'd rather him be with her than have his other outside-his-franchise friends (honestly of which Clark and Hal are the only ones that have any depth anyway).

Of course I'll have more of a problem if this actually alienates him from his sons instead of bringing the family together.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Batwoman going up against Pyg is unexpected, but it's a smart blend of horror and spy elements, as is traditional with her (and like the current arc). Cool. I hope Perkins is just a fill-in writer, though. The last time she wrote Kate wasn't good.
    I am looking forward to Batwoman versus Pyg!

We hardly get any focus on Batman and Wonder Woman's relationship together outside the often-cited DCAU romance and when they're together as the Trinity, so I'm interested to see what King does with this.

I also can't imagine King doesn't appreciate getting the chance to get to write both Superman and Wonder Woman and more clearly defining their relationship/dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I am looking forward to Batwoman versus Pyg!
    Right? That sounds great.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Perhaps to gain love, he must lose everything.
    Is Batman... Maybe you are right..

This reminds me the Bruce of Superheavy without memory... the darkness will consume him again..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Since never. Superman and Wonder Woman's has that kind of classic nature to it. Superman and Batman. Hal Jordan and Green Arrow. Etc. But not this. This is just trying WAY too hard to make Batman's relationship with her seem on par with the history of his relationship with Clark to add weight to nature of the story which apparently has to do with shoring things up between his friends because he's getting married. Or something.
    I agree with you to an extent, WW and Batman's relationship is nowhere near as prevalent and clearly defined as the others you listed, but I still believe it to be there and it is important (like others have said DCAU is an obvious example even if it's not main continuity.) and should be made more so, so I am looking forward to this.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Is Batman... Maybe you are right..

This reminds me the Bruce of Superheavy without memory... the darkness will consume him again..
    Maybe marriage will be very connected to his hinted at "death." Even steeper price than we expect for happiness and love. Maybe King will go sadist on Batman.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”