Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Probably because of how "bad" it would look when compared to DC. DC's got Wonder Woman, a character that goes beyond iconic and into a realm of legend in her own right. Marvel would get...Squirrel Girl.
    Hmm... I get what you mean, yeah. Still, I do not think the fact that Squirrel Girl is not as 'epic' as WW should count against her. I mean, its comics. Some read for epic characters, others to follow the adventures of a girl with the power of squirrel!

1. Invisible Woman (Susan Storm)
    2. Jean Grey
    3. Wasp (Janet van Dyne)
    4. Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
    5. She Hulk (Jennifer Walters)
    6. Storm (Ororo Monroe)
    7. Scarlet Witch
    8. Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    9. Kitty Pryde
    10. Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)
    11. Elektra

These are just superheroines. Love interests of Peter Parker could be anywhere on the list as well. Probably near the top too.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Aunt May...?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Aunt May...?
    Lol, you win.

1. Wonder Woman ~ 704+
    2. Supergirl ~ 249+
    3. Catwoman ~ 232
    4. Lois Lane ~ 165
    5. She-Hulk ~ 160+
    6. Spider-Girl ~ 145
    7. Captain Marvel ~ 128+
    8. Harley Quinn ~ 104+
    9. Spider-Woman ~ 104
    10. Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) ~ 79
    11. Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) ~ 72+
    12. Elektra ~ 66
    13. Batwoman ~ 53+
    14. X-23 ~ 48+
    15. Ms Marvel ~ 44+

Dazzler (42), Black Widow (40), Green Lantern (38+), Amethyst (37), Spider-Gwen (32+)

Going by comicbooks led by a Marvel lady, the answer would very easily be She-Hulk. She's the most successful solo female superhero Marvel currently has, judging by those numbers!

However, going by pop culture and outside media it's probably between the X-Women (Storm, Jean, Rogue) and Black Widow (thanks to the MCU). Sue Storm and Elektra also had there time in the spotlight back in the mid 2000's too. Though if I'm being honest, give Captain Marvel another 5-10 years and she'll easily be their undisputed main female, with movies, video game appearances, cartoons/merchandise and a higher solo issue count to back it up!
    Last edited by El_Gato; 10-17-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Aunt May...?
    I'd argue that Mary Jane is more popular, but maybe that's just me.

In all seriousness though, I think Susan Storm takes the top spot.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Just a thought, despite not being a superhero, Lois Lane is pretty iconic, too. Maybe more than these aforementioned ladies.
    I agree, both Lois Lane and Mary Jane are two names that transcend comic book culture and deserve their place in the realm of iconic characters PERIOD. You could probably say "Louis Lane" damn near anywhere in the world and people young and old would know exactly who you are talking about, that's a level of prominence that really cant be overstated.

1. Storm
    2. Black Widow
    3. Jean Grey
    4. Captain Marvel
    (I think the order from here could be argued)
    5. She-Hulk
    6. Wasp
    7. Rogue
    8. Scarlet Witch
    9. Invisible Woman
    10. Elektra/Gamora

Though expect Captain Marvel to take the top spot and Wasp to get into top 3 soon

BANNED

20 years ago it was Storm, no contest.

But these days? I really have no idea.

All the most prominent women IMO are X-Men, which presents a Fox problem. But if they were willing to swallow those money dreams I'd have to agree with others who listed Rogue, Storm, and Jean. Any of those three would work just fine. Forced to chose? The Phoenix has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    I'd argue that Mary Jane is more popular, but maybe that's just me.

In all seriousness though, I think Susan Storm takes the top spot.
    It could go either way.

I'd like to say Susan Storm too, believe me but i feel she's too tied to the Fantastic Four to be a standout female like Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Lol, you win.
    What do i win?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

In the 40s it was ms America. (but marvel brought her back just to kill her off! DC brought wonder woman back at the same time and made her one of the big three. Good job marvel!)

In the 90s it was storm hands down.

Today it's black widow. Kids who never read comics all know who she is thanks to the movies and cartoons and toys. My little nephew who is to young to read comics knows who she is! There are black widow Halloween costumes at the store and I saw a few out last year trick or treating.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-17-2017 at 04:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Who? DC has Wonder Woman. Marvel has ...? Storm? Jean Grey? Sue Richards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd give it to Storm. When Marvel wanted someone to go up against Wonder Woman in a 'vs.' crossover, they picked Storm.

In more recent years, they've pushed Carol and Medusa, but I don't know if either of them could even compete with She-Hulk or Scarlet Witch or Jean Grey, let alone Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybourbon View Post
    I think its a position that has kinda shifted thru different eras but would narrow it down to Storm, Mary Jane, Phoenix, and Sue Storm with Ororo probably being the hero that has the most eras of being on top.
    I'll just leave this here... http://seanhowe.tumblr.com/post/1270...e-her-the-most

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Storm just hasn't made a big impression as a solo character. Her solo series sold poorly. Her appearances in movies negligible at best. Even Sue Storm had more to do in the Fantastic Four movies for Fox and those weren't as well done as most of the X-Men movies. The X-Men movies more or less turned into a spotlight for Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Where's Storm's solo movie?

I'd say by the weight of the films, more casual fans know who Black Widow and Scarlet Witch are than Storm. They played fairly large roles in billion dollar box office movies. And there are far more filmgoers that comic book readers these days.

And I'd ditch that mumbo jumbo with Storm as a goddess. It doesn't make her relevant IMO. I really don't like that part about Wonder Woman either and it's why I prefer an every woman like Susan Storm Richards.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-17-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Not in the movies she ain't, and I think it's a good bet that the movies are more relevant to the Marvel franchise as a whole than the comics are these days.
    I don't care about the movies.

I might care about the comic books if Marvel prints what I'd like to read (without then stealth-cancelling it after a year or less . . . )

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybourbon View Post
    I agree, both Lois Lane and Mary Jane are two names that transcend comic book culture and deserve their place in the realm of iconic characters PERIOD. You could probably say "Louis Lane" damn near anywhere in the world and people young and old would know exactly who you are talking about, that's a level of prominence that really cant be overstated.