Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    This episode bored me.

And yes , please no more jail for Lorna. I have a serious problem with our justice system and how our jails are run, so I really don’t want to see that in my entertainment.
    In all honesty, I think a jail setting had potential, but trying it this early as well as doing the baby thing this early are things that I think are getting too far ahead. They feel like stuff that would've been better in the second half of the season or for season 2. Doing them now seems to me like they cut her off from other storylines that would've worked better for her.

I mean, I've loved the scenes she's had in jail and with Eclipse so far, but ep 3 made me really wish I could see the dynamic between Lorna and best friend Dreamer.

But, as I said before, I'm not hating any of the show. This is the best Lorna's been written in a long time and they're doing great things with her. I just think these two scenarios are ahead of their time. I'm absolutely open to seeing where the writers go with it and if what they do shows now was the best time for it after all.

Also for additional record: if the comics had Lorna pregnant right now, I'd be complaining a lot about the comics doing it. Same as I like Lorna's wardrobe on Gifted but would have a problem with it applied to her as combat attire in the comics. Show's a different beast from the comics.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this episode was a treasure. i can't believe how fantastic the show is. it truly is a good time to be an x-men fan again

It really is and I really really really really really really want to watch Episode 4 ugh

Theres a live action Xmen show centered around lesser known mutants and x-fans actually like it. Wow, never thought I'd see the day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Theres a live action Xmen show centered around lesser known mutants and x-fans actually like it. Wow, never thought I'd see the day.
    Thanks to the FOX movies, we've all dropped our standards, lol.

^ I agree.

That it feels different from the movies is part of the appeal to me also. Different characters, different settings, plus a better representation of what the core message is. What's not to like?

The show feels like a bad (as in bad for mutants) alt future for the x-verse which is quite cool. Mutants on the run is a compelling story. The x-movies have given us plenty of xmen vs magneto. This show is giving us more of mutants vs persecution.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post

Well I personally am that guy who always likes the less popular characters. So this is right up my alley. I just need more Sage.

I also hate Superhero romance in TV/Movies when both aren't powered characters. One reason why I like X-MEN so much. The love interest is usually stronger than her man or vice versa.

The gifted should take advantage of this. That stuff irks me in Arrow/Flash/Daredevil etc etc The damsel in distress trope.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 10-18-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Oh, I didn't mean that in a bad way. I should have made to two sentences. lol

They made a xmen show and it features lesser known xmen. (which is a postive for a lot of fans, I'm sure). And the show is good enough that x-fans are liking it.

I didn't mean to imply that x-fans wouldn't like seeing lesser know xmen....oops.

Also, Blink is in the show! SWEET!

I'm super late again. The next one I'll watch tomorrow. I thought that was a bit weaker than the last two, but still great.

Well, I really like Dreamer! I hope that if she doesn't die or something later, she becomes a regular on season 2. I also like the actress from her time on Revenge and the one ep she was on AOS. I kind of wish the uncle was a bit more of an *******(I think they kinda get light with the mutant hate still). The scene at the beginning with Polaris and Eclipse was super cute, wish there was more scenes with her on this episode though.

A detail I really like is how Blink got another mark on her face. It really bothered me that she only had one under one way. Well, now she has one above it too, two more to go.