Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Milligan's Pulse.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I enjoy having just these guys. I'd watch this cast minus Struckers.

Blink Sage Polaris and Thunderbird? I'm loving it
    Oh I'm not concerned about that or really anything. I just wish some of the lesser known characters would be able to get on instead of originals. But perhaps it's both ways. Fox may not want to tap the well too much, so to speak. Marvel does make it hard for them to use new material by duplicating characters and utilizing time travel.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I prefer original characters like Eclipse. So they can die since someone will unfortunately have to go eventually.

Solid episode. Can't say I enjoyed it as much as ep 2, since it was lighter on the action, but it was decent for what it is. The Dreamer and Blink subplot is interesting.

Hmm does the frequent turning to Blink, despite being a newcomer for all of two days, for help mean the Underground are underpowered? Then again, last ep she basically lit up the entire place so that probably impressed everyone.

Andy still hasn't grown on me. His actor is definitely the weakest which doesn't help, he can do the family moments decent, but his action and 'dark side' moments seem goofy to me. Hopefully he'll get more engaging as the series goes.

lol if Reed had gone through with the exchange I wouldn't have forgiven his character. Who could do that to a cute family like that? Turner still seems unsympathetic to me.

Oh, next episode is spoilers:
    Pulse
    end of spoilers right? Looking forward to it and what seems to be another action-oriented episode! Also some speaking lines for Sage please. D:<

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Nice episode. Slower and not as action packed as the last one, but still keeping the quality up. I didn't think I'd like Dreamer too much, but I actually didn't mind the character, and think its interesting that she starts this "love triangle" between her, Thunderbird, and Blink. Its a interesting approach to a done to death story element. Polaris took a bit of a back seat in this episode, and I'm not too shocked with the size of this cast, but I did enjoy her flashback and her attempt to escape. Sad she couldn't get further, but her perseverance is awesome. I'm still enjoying Andy and Lauren, and how they both seem to be approaching dealing with their mutant abilities differently. Really looking forward to next week.

Spectacular Member

Another solid episode.

I have a feeling Dreamer will regret what she did.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Also, I wonder if the Eve mentioned by Thunderbird was supposed to be a reference to Electric Eve?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Also, I wonder if the Eve mentioned by Thunderbird was supposed to be a reference to Electric Eve?
    Yea that crossed my mind as well. The Underground is using a lot of Morlock characters (and is basically highly reminiscent of it in general).

I wonder if this means Fox has no plans for a Mutant Massacre movie any time soon? That's always one I'm surprised they never tried, it's a pretty mature story-line and probably easier to translate than DP.

Bump it I'm gonna watch it again. I still can't believe it a X-MEN live action show. This is TAS all over again for me.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 10-16-2017 at 07:33 PM.

BANNED

lol magnetosphere... I appreciate forcing that in. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    HA, not at all! Wait til I show you somethin', from here, after the ep ends!
    From the main Gifted thread, all the way back in April:

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    They never explained it, but they did show how it turned green in the comics. ...
    I'll venture a guess! From Wikipedia.org, Aurora...

... "An aurora, sometimes referred to as a polar lights or northern lights, is a natural light display in the sky, predominantly seen in the high latitude (Arctic and Antarctic) regions. Auroras are produced when the magnetosphere is sufficiently disturbed by the solar wind that the trajectories of charged particles in both solar wind and magnetospheric plasma, mainly in the form of electrons and protons, precipitate them into the upper atmosphere (thermosphere/exosphere), where their energy is lost. The resulting ionization and excitation of atmospheric constituents emits light of varying colour and complexity. The form of the aurora, occurring within bands around both polar regions, is also dependent on the amount of acceleration imparted to the precipitating particles. Precipitating protons generally produce optical emissions as incident hydrogen atoms after gaining electrons from the atmosphere. Proton auroras are usually observed at lower latitudes. ...

Green: At lower altitudes the more frequent collisions suppress the 630.0 nm (red) mode: rather the 557.7 nm emission (green) dominates. Fairly high concentration of atomic oxygen and higher eye sensitivity in green make green auroras the most common. The excited molecular nitrogen (atomic nitrogen being rare due to high stability of the N2 molecule) plays a role here, as it can transfer energy by collision to an oxygen atom, which then radiates it away at the green wavelength. (Red and green can also mix together to produce pink or yellow hues.) The rapid decrease of concentration of atomic oxygen below about 100 km is responsible for the abrupt-looking end of the lower edges of the curtains. Both the 557.7 and 630.0 nm wavelengths correspond to forbidden transitions of atomic oxygen, slow mechanism that is responsible for the graduality (0.7 s and 107 s respectively) of flaring and fading." ...

Which segues nicely into a lil' something I came across, that I thought I'd like to share, even though it's older. For a laugh, and because... well yeah, TBH, also 'cause they mention Dazz:

... and the common thread being my idea for a "Fastball Special" (electromagnetic/light) combo by her & Lorna, that was going to be called, you guessed it - Aurora Borealis! :-D

Thank You for that. Good read

I officially have a crush on Thunderbird. Unf

BANNED

Thunderbird is the MAN!

This increased his chances of staying alive hopefully
    He IS! And he was workin' it this episode, and was at his best yet, in every way. ;P

They BETTER NOT kill him, that'll REALLY piss me off, and I'll do whatever I can to encourage a fan revolt!!!

... 9/10 episode...
    ABSOLUTELY!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    ... I have a feeling Dreamer will regret what she did.
    Oh no doubt, this is gonna come back & bite her in the ass for sure, lol. Serves her right, I don't think it was cool what she did, and payback's a bitch.

BANNED

Grrr.... My recording from my computer ended right at the scene where Caitlin meets with her brother again on the side of the road after the escape. I don't know how much of it I missed.

That's it, I need to get a Tablo or something because Windows' built-in recording software sucks monkey nuts. Anyone got recommendations for a streaming-only DVR? :-P