Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Loved dreamer
    Me too! She was the highlight of a great episode.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I haven't seen the third episode yet (we run behind in the UK) but I think it's good to have the family, especially the parents, in there. Amy Acker and Stephen Moyer are experienced performers, among a largely young cast.

It's also interesting in a mutant TV show to have ordinary human characters who aren't restricted to villainry or small supporting cameos, particularly to demonstrate how people who are by most conventional definitions "decent" could work within a morally compromised system.

BANNED

Lorna is fighting so hard dammit! And it seems she was definitely the leader and heart of the movement as the flashback proved. I wonder what it will take to get her out?

Blink will start her infatuation next week, huh? Lol.

The Stucker father once again had to face his bigotry and find his soul.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 10-17-2017 at 02:32 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post

The Stucker father once again had to face his bigotry and find his soul.
    I would've never forgave Vampire Bill if he stayed in that car!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The Struckers are so boring. Can Blink, Thunderbird, Eclipse and Polaris just be the main characters?

This was another quality episode, one that was heavy on drama and hard-hitting emotions. The Von Strucker family learn the hard way, as Eclipse predicted, that the system isn't going to help them. Close friends, family, and otherwise decent people will turn on them the moment they find out about mutants. It's pretty harsh, but kind of reflective of the real world. One day, you're surrounded by people you think will love and care for you no matter what. Then, you find out your different, and suddenly it's all gone. It's pretty sad, but painfully real. That's a big part of what makes X-men such a powerful story, as a whole. I really like how this show is capturing that. I hope it continues.

Also, Blink's love of jelly donuts put a big smile on my face. She just gets more lovable with each episode.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Damn!

I wish this was on Netflix. Week to week is so annoying.

9/10 episode

It's awesome... Thunderbird hasnt been in a show since Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.
    I prefer week to week because it holds discussion. When Netflix releases a show there's always those people who haven't finished the seasonand complains about not being spoiled.

BANNED

I'd say the actor who gave the best performance this episode is Amy Acker. Her conversation with her brother really showcased her range, going from hopeful expectations to disappointment and despair. And without powers, there aren't CGI effects to distract the viewer from her dramatic performance.

This was a great episode, it might be my favorite so far! That first scene with Lorna and Marcos was especially beautiful. It’s really exciting to see characters relishing in their powers and building relationships. This cast is really strong. The actors do a great job of selling these experiences. Lorna’s joy in her powers, her love for Marcos and her anguished attempts to break free and get back to her people, Kate’s realization that she can’t count on the people she thought could help her family, and Reed’s growing empathy for mutants are particularly stand out examples.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 10-17-2017 at 03:13 AM.

Another solid ep. Not as good as the second one but still pretty good. The Struckers still remain the weakest point for me. I wish this show just focused on the mutants of the Mutant Underground.

Why is there is so much Strucker hate? I really like them and even if Andy is the weakest he could potentially be the most interesting if he goes evil. I don't feel the take away from the others. The balance seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Why is there is so much Strucker hate? I really like them and even if Andy is the weakest he could potentially be the most interesting if he goes evil. I don't feel the take away from the others. The balance seems fine.
    I agree. I don't think they're boring at all. I am interested in their journey.. it has the feel of a classic mutant story.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Hayley (the woman who plays Sage) said that in next weeks episode things start to pick up for Sage in terms of involvement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I agree. I don't think they're boring at all. I am interested in their journey.. it has the feel of a classic mutant story.
    Plus they're useful as an audience stand-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Hayley (the woman who plays Sage) said that in next weeks episode things start to pick up for Sage in terms of involvement.
    Oh nice! Hope we get see what abilities she has in this incarnation. Thanks for the info.