Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

A change to the mythos that lasts

3 ideas:

1. Supermen of the Multiverse vs The Ultramen of the Multiverse: The Super War

2. Superman battling a new villain thats not connected to him but just is a powerful threat

or

3. Superman vs Goku (or the an alternate Superman who knows martial arts and can turn into a Super Kryptonian)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I mostly just want a new creative team and a fresh, exciting direction for the Superman mythos. They need to put some fresh blood on the title ASAP. Doesn't look like it's happening any time soon though.

Too bad the writers I'd love to see on it are either tied up on other titles (Seeley, King) or not working at DC (Hickman).

The Superman equivalent to The Anatomy Lesson.

I'd like at least one short with the entire current super family (Clark/Lois/Jon, Kara, Kenan, Lana and John Henry, maybe even Bizarro).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The Superman equivalent to The Anatomy Lesson.
    Holy crap, YES.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Mark Waid announced as the writer, and his first story.

Multiversal story by Morrison with a whole bunch of Superman.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Spectacular Member

I'd also like to see Zatara, The Whip, etc. in some form. Maybe in a story with the GA Supes.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would do a "It's a wonderful life" thing with someone like the Phantom Stranger or Destiny taking Superman all over the multiverse showing him moments. Have each universe story written and drawn by people who have done Superman runs like Morrison/Quitley, John Byrne, Johns/Frank, and so on. Everything from a Golden Age style story to Superman 1000000 set tale.

Captain Planet themed where Superman teams with teenage environmentalist to battle pollution and stop the same problem that killed Krypton.

I'm hoping it'll pay homage to the character's whole history with a story dedicated to each era, like some others have said.

Specifically though, I hope the New 52 themed story is true to the New 52 and not the heavily revisionist version of it implied by Reborn.

No, I'm not crying, *sniff*, I've just got something in my eye.

Anyway, I'd fall in love with a story like that heavily indebted to Morrison and written by Gerard Way.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I would want a collection of short stories. One short story based on this Reborn era by the present writers. And others would be short ones based on different eras. Preferably by an all star cast: a who's who of great writers and artists. Get everyone who have written great stories of Superman. At least those who have made a notable contribution to Superman. Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Mark Millar, Dan Jurgens, John Bryne, Maggin, etc. This one shall be an all star collection. (One can only dream of Alan Moore). Get the great artists. There shall be Alex Ross. He shall do something. If only a variant cover. Get the ones from Triangle era.

One does not reach 1000 everyday. Simply having Richard Donner is not enough. He is welcome as long as the likes of Morrison, Quietly, Ross and others contribute something. If there are a lot of writers let the likes of Bryne pencil a story. I agree with most. Set the stories in different eras. Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, Post Crisis, New 52, Reborn. There must be more enthusiasm from DC. Everyone and their mother would purchase it. Spend money, reach out to everyone, try your best. This would be the first book to reach #1000. Detective would be second. Let this be a book to remember. Not just a milestone.

If it has only Tomasi, Johns, and Donner i would be disgusted. A celebration is no celebration if there is no one who made it possible. Try the best to get everyone notable.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-19-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Personally, I think it should be a Superman tossed through dimensions teaming up somehow with E-2 Superman, Pre-Crisis Superman, Superman Red/Blue an nu52... possibly merging everything together for a SUPERsuper-man.

Something that touches on his ENTIRE history... and something that is insanely EPIC...

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Don't forget the return (or at least an appearance or cameo) of the others characters who debuted in Action Comics or than had also a run in the book.
    I like this idea a LOT!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    An appearance by the Pre-COIE Silver/Bronze Age Earth-One Superman, and what REALLY happened to him after COIE.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Yes, I would love that!