Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I also would like to see a dream, an hoax and an imaginary story.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Personally, I think it should be a Superman tossed through dimensions teaming up somehow with E-2 Superman, Pre-Crisis Superman, Superman Red/Blue an nu52... possibly merging everything together for a SUPERsuper-man.

Something that touches on his ENTIRE history... and something that is insanely EPIC...
    I'm not sure about the merging, as I'd like to see any "Who is Superman?" question answered before issue 1000, but seeing whatever Superman ends up being going through dimensions and meeting a Fleisher cartoon, photo-realistic Reeve and Reeves, a Siegelesque early version, a Swanderson looking Silver Age Superman, and other versions. I loved seeing this kind of story in the Planetary/Batman book, and Superman deserves this kind of story to show where he's been over the last 80 years.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

EVERYTHING!

Lois and Jon are a given, but I would like to see all of this in it as well:
    -Pre-Crisis Superman
    -Earth 2 Superman
    -Kingdom Come Superman
    -LOSH
    -Kon El
    -The villains--Darkseid, Lex, Mongul, Zod, Brainiac, etc.
    -Linda Danvers
    -Jor-El

I could go on and on
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Super Sons rock concert, with the Super and Bat families in the audience.

Except no evil demonic entities to ruin everything.

I wonder how much it’ll cost?
    I’m guessing it’ll be $9.99 as DC know that this’ll sell massively, maybe even cost more.

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    I wonder how much it’ll cost?
    I’m guessing it’ll be $9.99 as DC know that this’ll sell massively, maybe even cost more.
    My guess would be $7.99 for a 96 page book. But I expect it will be sell huge. Probably with lots of variant covers boosting numbers even more.

BANNED

I'd like to see Lois Lane killed off, and Superman marries Lana Lang (yeah, quick mourning period).

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'm up for a series of stories each set in a different era but a variety of creative teams, tied together by a narrative by the new team taking over fully from AC#1001. Preferably Jonathan Hickman as the new writer.

The one thing I don't want is for it to tie into another event (e.g. Doomsday Clock if still going on). I want it to be a celebration of all things Superman, not a platform for something else. Even Superman can be selfish once in a blue moon.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Considering how many copies it will sell, just because of the number... and then the expected variants...

I'm hoping they use it to re-launch Legion.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I'm hoping they use it to re-launch Legion.
    A) What he said
    B) This
    C) QFT
    D) All of the above

It's not going to be any thing really special, maybe if Batman's book was hit 1000 cause DC actually loves that guy and the companies called DC not AC but over all I feel since it's AC #1000 it's gonna just be another Wednesday comic. When the last time DC truly celebrated something Superman did. When was the last Solo Superman series or direct to video release? It's stuff like that that makes me wonder how much they actually give a damn about the character outside of royalties.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'd like to see Lois Lane killed off, and Superman marries Lana Lang (yeah, quick mourning period).
    Stick to watching Superman III on a loop buddy

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I would like to see Grant Morrison write a short story in this. I would also like a story from whoever will be the next superman or action writer in this, just in case their run is amazing, they can say they were apart of action 1000.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Richard Donner died a few years ago.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'm up for a series of stories each set in a different era but a variety of creative teams, tied together by a narrative by the new team taking over fully from AC#1001. Preferably Jonathan Hickman as the new writer.
    I believe it's already been painfully confirmed Jurgens is sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    Richard Donner died a few years ago.
    No?
    Buh-bye