Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It probably would've happened sooner without Bendis, right?
    Likely, at least based on the idea of Gillen making Emma a villain.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Anything sounds better than what we would have got. No o5 return, no Bendis, no Matthew Malloy or Dark Beast or Shield or Inhumans.

It maybe doesn’t sound perfect but I think Gillen proved himself to be a fantastic writer of the X-Men so I would have loved to see his direction.
    Apparently the O5 aren't Bendis' decision, but editorials, so there might nit have changed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    From the sounds of this I wonder if it was editorial that decided "oh, Emma needs to be a villain again." Especially with Jean's return. Could this have been on the horizon for five or six years?
    How long has this X-office been in charge? I wouldn't put it past them, although it's still a really bad story.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    How long has this X-office been in charge? I wouldn't put it past them, although it's still a really bad story.
    It's been the same larger group of people since around this time, though the main editor has changed a few times.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    It's been the same larger group of people since around this time, though the main editor has changed a few times.
    Ugggh. That's what I thought. We really need a new set.

Sounds like he left at the right time to me.

Why must you open up this wound for me? I wasn't ready for this today.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Sounds like he left at the right time to me.
    In the end it doesn't sound that different from what we've got already.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    In the end it doesn't sound that different from what we've got already.
    The only difference it seems to me is that Emma keeps a little more dignity by not going crazy over the death of her ex-boyfriend and Scott gets a more decisive "win" over Logan.

Astonishing Member

it would have been better

sane evil Emma with her own school is better than crazy-widow evil Emma without her own school
    and the O5 thing may not have ever happened, the Bendis years wouldnt have been wasted time.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Interesting that the writing would've been on the wall for Emma and Scott regardless of the creative team. I don't imagine that Scemma fans are happy to hear that.

But still, I would've preferred this approach to what we got, which is the understatement of the year.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Interesting that the writing would've been on the wall for Emma and Scott regardless of the creative team. I don't imagine that Scemma fans are happy to hear that.

But still, I would've preferred this approach to what we got, which is the understatement of the year.
    Not to mention Emma still ends up a villain again, but probably with a lot more grace and sense then we got from IvX.

Foreshadowing!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Foreshadowing!!!1

He def would deserve the betrayal.

Seems like Emma was destined to becaome a villain again haha

Jesus Lord, I hated Gillen's run. But, if the O5 kids wouldn't be a thing, I'd rather deal with him for 1 more year or so, than having to stand this crazy alternative universe characters plot until this day.

I used to hate smug Scott in his run, the Colossus and Magik plot made me angry, the villians were terrible and the rest of the characters were just bland.

Fantastic Member

I love hearing about these potential x-stories from creators, especially good ones. Gillen's run was fab.

I had Gillen, and mckelvie, sign two books for me at New York Comic con back in 2014 or 2015. I asked him if he had plans for the x-books and if he'd write x-books again. (Context: this was post AvX and he was just writing darth Vader for marvel). He said he had ideas and to never say never to coming back to the x-men. It gave me hope for him to come back. Seemed like he enjoyed writing the x characters and he'd return.