Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 141
  1. #31
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Vinyl Mayhem
    Posts
    3,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Also, vol.2 isn't doing half bad in trade sales and is actually almost sold out on Amazon.
    Maybe the book is doing well outside of the direct market, and that's what brought it back from cancellation.

  2. #32
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,819

    Default

    Sounds likely. That would explain why 19 is a filler issue. They hadn't had as much time as usual to plan that one, because they thought the book was axed.

  3. #33
    Incredible Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    918

    Default

    So are we thinking theirs going to be an aquaman of China after all 😊 and I'm excited to see what the Chinese lantern corps will be like. How many members do you reckon it will have.

  4. #34
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,980

    Default

    I'm just hoping we get to see an exploration of the other Lantern colors by whoever the Lantern member will be.

    And yeah the Aquaman of China has been a long time coming.

    I can't wait to see what 20 brings to the title. Though I do wonder what shakeups will occur if DC's giving the book an extra chance to find a strong readership.

  5. #35
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Pretty appropriate variant for #18

    18 variant.jpg

  6. #36
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,322

    Default

    In light of the recent kerfuffle about the Tweet from Caity Lotz about Daniel Dae Kim should be the next Superman (which obviously won't be happening for a number of good reasons), we started discussing it here. And Kong Kenan was brought up.

    Let's say that a live-action Red Super-Man of China were to be cast, say, on the CW for an episode or two on SUPERGIRL in the future, who would you pick?

    It's kinda impossible, as Kenan is a teenager I believe, and it's hard to find American actors of Chinese descent who have acted in anything.

    What about Hudson Yang, the eldest kid from ABC's FRESH OFF THE BOAT?



    - He's 14 years old now,

    - American of Chinese descent,

    - sprouted to about 5'8" already,

    - in a couple years, he'll undoubtedly grow some more,

    - he can act onscreen,

    - can be the bully.

    Thoughts?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 12-14-2017 at 03:23 PM.

  7. #37
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Presenting: The Aqua-Man of North Korea

    aqua-man.jpg

    Written by Gene Luen Yang, art by Brent Peeples and Matt Santorelli, cover by Phillip Tan, variant cover by Bernard Chang.
    "Seas of Change," part two! The Justice League of China is on its own and restoring balance to the world one problem at a time. But when a fleet of North Korean warships arrives on their shores hunting down an emerging aquatic metahuman, Kong Kenan and his friends may be in over their heads -- literally! The saga of the Aqua-Man of North Korea continues here!
    32 pages, $3.99, in stores on March 14.

  8. #38
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Laney's filler issue out next week. Amazing how I'm still more excited about a one-shot about a minor supporting character written by a fill-in writer than everything else DC is offering.

    Also, anyone have an idea why the third trade isn't coming out till June?

  9. #39
    Incredible Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Presenting: The Aqua-Man of North Korea

    aqua-man.jpg

    Written by Gene Luen Yang, art by Brent Peeples and Matt Santorelli, cover by Phillip Tan, variant cover by Bernard Chang.
    "Seas of Change," part two! The Justice League of China is on its own and restoring balance to the world one problem at a time. But when a fleet of North Korean warships arrives on their shores hunting down an emerging aquatic metahuman, Kong Kenan and his friends may be in over their heads -- literally! The saga of the Aqua-Man of North Korea continues here!
    32 pages, $3.99, in stores on March 14.
    The aquaman of North Korea is certainly interesting. reckon he will end up joining the team?

  10. #40
    Incredible Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Laney's filler issue out next week. Amazing how I'm still more excited about a one-shot about a minor supporting character written by a fill-in writer than everything else DC is offering.
    Yeah im super excited too! Do we have any idea what its about apart from that it follows Laney?

  11. #41
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    The aquaman of North Korea is certainly interesting. reckon he will end up joining the team?
    I think so at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Yeah im super excited too! Do we have any idea what its about apart from that it follows Laney?
    We haven't learned anything besides what was in the solicit.

  12. #42
    Incredible Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    We haven't learned anything besides what was in the solicit.
    Im certainly intrigued! Im looking forward to the preview!

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,980

    Default

    Same here. I imagine most of the issue will be Laney only for her to accidentally investigate something the JLC are investigating too. But I'm looking forward to it regardless.

    Maybe they'll push her to be the JLC's point person for giving news about the teams actions at some point as well. The news/team liaison?

  14. #44
    Incredible Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    918

    Default

    I saw the preview on twitter! Seems like the issue is set right after the JLC becomes known to the public

  15. #45
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Presenting: The Aqua-Man of North Korea

    aqua-man.jpg

    Written by Gene Luen Yang, art by Brent Peeples and Matt Santorelli, cover by Phillip Tan, variant cover by Bernard Chang.
    "Seas of Change," part two! The Justice League of China is on its own and restoring balance to the world one problem at a time. But when a fleet of North Korean warships arrives on their shores hunting down an emerging aquatic metahuman, Kong Kenan and his friends may be in over their heads -- literally! The saga of the Aqua-Man of North Korea continues here!
    32 pages, $3.99, in stores on March 14.
    Inspired in Jason Momoa? Is scary..

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •