Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I...I'm sad. But I'm going to remain hopeful. Until I hear from official sources that the book is over and there isn't going to be a relaunch, I'm going to remain optimistic.
    Skipped months can happen. Waid and Flynn's Archie is taking June off for example, keep our chins up

I am still hopeful for either a relaunch or a return of New-Superman and co. Kenan has already found his place in the wider DCU, popping in batman recently, in the Superman titles, obviously, and I hope that the other Chinese leaguers will do the same in the "main" families they are more or elss part of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Skipped months can happen. Waid and Flynn's Archie is taking June off for example, keep our chins up
    Yup. Another examples is Cyborg from a few months ago. We all thought that was cancelled, not being in the solicits for months, but then it came back.

Additionally, Luen-Yang was active on twitter last night, but didn't respond to any of the people asking about the book. If this was a stealth cancellation, he'd have no reason not to say anything.

I'm thinking they may be doing what they did when Rebirth began, slowly rolling out all the new books. In June they're releasing Hawkman, in July they're releasing JLO, JLD and Catwoman and then maybe for August or September they'll announce the new JLC book alongside the new Outsiders book.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I hope that the other Chinese leaguers will do the same in the "main" families they are more or elss part of.
    It's unlikely for Baixi and Deilan since the former's family is already so big (although Tom King has already used Kenan and said on Twitter that he's a big fan of these guys) and the Wonder Woman book doesn't use any of the family members. And not Chinese or an official member of the JLC yet, but I also wouldn't bet on Kwang-Jo popping up in Aquaman considering the current Aqualad hasn't even shown up there.

Avery though is doing quite well for herself appearance wise. She was in every issue of the most recent arc of Flash, fighting alongside Barry, Wally, NuWally and Godspeed and it looks like she may be sticking around for Flash War.
    Last edited by Assam; 04-17-2018 at 05:04 AM.

No New-Superman in July..

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    RIP Kenan you were too good for this world. I wish they'd relaunch as Justice League of China, or Justice League International. Kenan has been one of the best new characters this decade and I'll be crushed if he just disappears out of the public eye. I'll also be very upset if Yang isn't offered another book, dude is fantastic when editorial isn't screwing him over.
    A hundred times this.

Maybe they'll bring it back around September without the "New Super-man" tag line. I think it's a hindrance more than a help anyway.

BANNED

Luen-Yang retweeted this

https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...55319747833856

Hmmmmmm...

Luen-Yang retweeted this

https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...55319747833856

Hmmmmmm...
    Not that I don't want to be optimistic, but it seems more like Yang agreeing with the sentiment then implying something is in the works...

BANNED

So on the one hand, we got an awesome variant for #23

23.jpg

On a less positive note...it's over.

https://twitter.com/2xie/status/986751449819303936

Yeah, definitely sad now. But we should still enjoy the rest of this brilliant story and look forward to where Kenan, Baixi, Deilan, Avery and Kwang-Jo will pop up next. Long live the Justice League of China

Wow, I'm really sad to see it go... Hopefully, D.C. will realize the goldmine that it could be with the proper push, and the peoples who were blinded by the apparent "copy-cat" style of it, and the fact that Kenan is a complex character and not a perfect hero from the get go will learn to love it. Meanwhile, i'll enjoy every "cameo" of their action figures we'll have in The Silencer, hoping that the real ones may guest star in it someday.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

23.jpg
    I love that variant.

Yeah, definitely sad now. But we should still enjoy the rest of this brilliant story and look forward to where Kenan, Baixi, Deilan, Avery and Kwang-Jo will pop up next. Long live the Justice League of China
    So sad about this. It kind of takes the wind out of my sails as cancellations always do but I plan on enjoying the issues we have left. Hopefully the Justice League of China will pop up somewhere. These characters are too good to waste away in limbo.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

They canceled the book? Dang. I really enjoyed it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

23.jpg

I like this cover. The rest of this year will be sad without New Super-man.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-20-2018 at 08:49 AM.

BANNED

When Clark said "nothing gold can stay", he was referring to this.

Sad for it and it's fans, it was a really unique title and packed with fun. Hopefully Kenan doesn't just dissapear (or, worse, become exclusive to Bendis)

Sad for it and it's fans, it was a really unique title and packed with fun. Hopefully Kenan doesn't just dissapear (or, worse, become exclusive to Bendis)
    He popped in Batman at least, so I can see him being used elsewhere from time to time. The rest of the JLC... not so much sadly.

BANNED

https://twitter.com/gravepeach/statu...89122791481344

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    He popped in Batman at least, so I can see him being used elsewhere from time to time.
    Hopefully artists will start remembering that he's a teenager.

The rest of the JLC... not so much sadly.
    As said above, things still look okay for Avery. Her creator is still writing Flash, she's currently appearing in the book and is about as official a member of the Flash Fam as you can get at this point.

I am definitely worried about the others though.