Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Also, vol.2 isn't doing half bad in trade sales and is actually almost sold out on Amazon.
    Maybe the book is doing well outside of the direct market, and that's what brought it back from cancellation.

Sounds likely. That would explain why 19 is a filler issue. They hadn't had as much time as usual to plan that one, because they thought the book was axed.

So are we thinking theirs going to be an aquaman of China after all 😊 and I'm excited to see what the Chinese lantern corps will be like. How many members do you reckon it will have.

Astonishing Member

I'm just hoping we get to see an exploration of the other Lantern colors by whoever the Lantern member will be.

And yeah the Aquaman of China has been a long time coming.

I can't wait to see what 20 brings to the title. Though I do wonder what shakeups will occur if DC's giving the book an extra chance to find a strong readership.

BANNED

Pretty appropriate variant for #18

18 variant.jpg

In light of the recent kerfuffle about the Tweet from Caity Lotz about Daniel Dae Kim should be the next Superman (which obviously won't be happening for a number of good reasons), we started discussing it here. And Kong Kenan was brought up.

Let's say that a live-action Red Super-Man of China were to be cast, say, on the CW for an episode or two on SUPERGIRL in the future, who would you pick?

It's kinda impossible, as Kenan is a teenager I believe, and it's hard to find American actors of Chinese descent who have acted in anything.

What about Hudson Yang, the eldest kid from ABC's FRESH OFF THE BOAT?

- He's 14 years old now,

- American of Chinese descent,

- sprouted to about 5'8" already,

- in a couple years, he'll undoubtedly grow some more,

- he can act onscreen,

- can be the bully.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 12-14-2017 at 03:23 PM.

BANNED

Presenting: The Aqua-Man of North Korea

aqua-man.jpg

Written by Gene Luen Yang, art by Brent Peeples and Matt Santorelli, cover by Phillip Tan, variant cover by Bernard Chang.
    "Seas of Change," part two! The Justice League of China is on its own and restoring balance to the world one problem at a time. But when a fleet of North Korean warships arrives on their shores hunting down an emerging aquatic metahuman, Kong Kenan and his friends may be in over their heads -- literally! The saga of the Aqua-Man of North Korea continues here!
    32 pages, $3.99, in stores on March 14.

BANNED

Laney's filler issue out next week. Amazing how I'm still more excited about a one-shot about a minor supporting character written by a fill-in writer than everything else DC is offering.

Also, anyone have an idea why the third trade isn't coming out till June?

aqua-man.jpg

Written by Gene Luen Yang, art by Brent Peeples and Matt Santorelli, cover by Phillip Tan, variant cover by Bernard Chang.
    "Seas of Change," part two! The Justice League of China is on its own and restoring balance to the world one problem at a time. But when a fleet of North Korean warships arrives on their shores hunting down an emerging aquatic metahuman, Kong Kenan and his friends may be in over their heads -- literally! The saga of the Aqua-Man of North Korea continues here!
    The aquaman of North Korea is certainly interesting. reckon he will end up joining the team?

Laney's filler issue out next week. Amazing how I'm still more excited about a one-shot about a minor supporting character written by a fill-in writer than everything else DC is offering.
    Yeah im super excited too! Do we have any idea what its about apart from that it follows Laney?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    The aquaman of North Korea is certainly interesting. reckon he will end up joining the team?
    I think so at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Yeah im super excited too! Do we have any idea what its about apart from that it follows Laney?
    We haven't learned anything besides what was in the solicit.

We haven't learned anything besides what was in the solicit.
    Im certainly intrigued! Im looking forward to the preview!

Astonishing Member

Same here. I imagine most of the issue will be Laney only for her to accidentally investigate something the JLC are investigating too. But I'm looking forward to it regardless.

Maybe they'll push her to be the JLC's point person for giving news about the teams actions at some point as well. The news/team liaison?

I saw the preview on twitter! Seems like the issue is set right after the JLC becomes known to the public

aqua-man.jpg

Inspired in Jason Momoa? Is scary..