Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

So here's a weird parallel I just thought of:

The first arc wasn't as strong as what would come later, but it showed an immature teenager beginning to rise as a hero and made us come to really care about the characters and world. The second and thirds arcs brought the series to legendary status, telling some of the best stories in the genre and ending on what could have been a satisfactory ending to the series. The fourth arc is still excellent with some fresh and interesting ideas and a general feeling that the series is reinventing itself, ultimately finishing in a somewhat disconnected finale involving the heroes in a dream world.

Did I just describe New Super-Man or Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Considering Season 5 of Buffy was the original end point, it'd be even better if we could have gotten one last blow-out arc for the book to match up.
    Last edited by Assam; 04-20-2018 at 12:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So here's a weird parallel I just thought of:

The first arc wasn't as strong as what would come later, but it showed an immature teenager beginning to rise as a hero and made us come to really care about the characters and world. The second and thirds arcs brought the series to legendary status, telling some of the best stories in the genre and ending on what could have been a satisfactory ending to the series. The fourth arc is remains excellent with some fresh and interesting ideas and a general feeling that the series is reinventing itself, ultimately finishing in a somewhat disconnected finale involving the heroes in a dream world.

Did I just describe New Super-Man or Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Considering Season 5 of Buffy was the original end point, it'd be even better if we could have gotten one last blow-out arc for the book to match up.
    "They saved the world. A lot"

One friend showed me this in one issue of the Silencer(I am not following this, I am not interested).

Kenan, I will miss you.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-06-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Just started reading the first trade. I'm not a big DC person, but since lots of people online love it, I gave it a try and I'm definitely loving Kenan. Really good character. Heard the book is cancelled but at least it was around to begin with.

BANNED

Im sad its the second last issue but It was a pretty awesome issue as usual! Nice to see a new member of the team, wonder if Alpaca will join in the final issue.

I loved Kenan Yang and Kenan Yin, both had awesome designs. Just makes me even more sad that this series is coming to an end. I really hope Kenan won't disappear into limbo after Yang is done with the series. He's up there with Kamala for one of the best new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    I loved Kenan Yang and Kenan Yin, both had awesome designs. Just makes me even more sad that this series is coming to an end. I really hope Kenan won't disappear into limbo after Yang is done with the series. He's up there with Kamala for one of the best new characters.
    Im nervous the justice league of china will only show up in some big future event where they will probably get decimated by some villian in the background and then we never see them again and I get sad.

Superman-Zero ! So glad to see him back, at least on a cover ! Also, Deilan looks gorgeous and Baixi is doing his best Batman's scowl, I love it !

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Im nervous the justice league of china will only show up in some big future event where they will probably get decimated by some villian in the background and then we never see them again and I get sad.
    I'm definitely concerned about Baixi and Deilan, yeah. There's a possibility that Kenan and Avery could appear in Clark and Barry's books, but Batman and Wonder Woman haven't interacted with their Chinese counterparts outside of the New Super-Man series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm definitely concerned about Baixi and Deilan, yeah. There's a possibility that Kenan and Avery could appear in Clark and Barry's books, but Batman and Wonder Woman haven't interacted with their Chinese counterparts outside of the New Super-Man series.
    Baxi I don't have much hope for considering how huge the Batfamily is already even without him. Wondy can't even make use of Cassie right now, but there are fewer members of her "family" so I could see Deilan getting used.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I'll be really sad to see the book and many of its characters go.

Baixi and Aqua-Man are definitely the least likely to pop up.

Avery will be relatively safe.

Deilan's a ? but has a decent chance of being used since the other Wondergirls aren't really in Diana's book (but it's still pretty unlikely).

Even Kenan will likely only get passing mention for now unless Bendis has a big wish to use him. Though I'm guessing he'll appear whenever Gene Yang can possibly use him.

Now to just see if the book will have Kenan go with Avery or MingMing at the end of this all. XD

(Me, I'm Team MingMing)

Doomsday Clock #5 has a list of non-American metahumans.
    spoilers:
    And it reveals that the Justice League of China are no more. They've merged into the Great Ten, which is now the Great Twenty.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman