Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doomsday Clock #5 has a list of non-American metahumans.
    spoilers:
    And it reveals that the Justice League of China are no more. They've merged into the Great Ten, which is now the Great Twenty.
    end of spoilers
    I saw and I hate it. It's part of why I hate this timeline and look forward to it being destroyed either at the end of Doomsday Clock or a CRISIS that follows it. Literally nothing good comes from this choice.

spoilers:
    And it reveals that the Justice League of China are no more. They've merged into the Great Ten, which is now the Great Twenty.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Kind of curious to see exactly what happens in the future that leads to the two groups coming together given how things are now.

At least it means Kenan and the Justice League of China heroes will still be around in some form.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

They got the Eradicator on the Outsiders team on that same picture,and he is far from being a hero or close to earth at the present time.

Striker z

The JLC were fun,and hopefully they won't get bogged down by the Ten to much

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I'd read that comic. Both teams have some of the coolest characters ever, man. And whenever Doomsday Clock lets down its guard to become 52/Final Crisis-like snapshot of day-to-day DCU life, politics, character drama, and public opinion rather than sort of clinging to Watchmen 2 it's kind of one of my favorite comics in the last 10 years.

Casual updates like the one dealing with Kana and the JLC are my jam in this context.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Am I really the only one who sees all the problems with this? 1. 'The Great Twenty' is never going to be a book. Ever. 2. If it was a book, most of the cast would likely get nothing to do. 3. If there isn't a book, congrats, this team will 'exist' by popping up once or twice a year at most, with one or two of them getting to actually say something. 4. Having the JLC work as part of a government sanctioned team again is pure character regression and takes away the 'rebel' element from them.

Again, I can't wait for this crap timeline to blow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Am I really the only one who sees all the problems with this? 1. 'The Great Twenty' is never going to be a book. Ever. 2. If it was a book, most of the cast would likely get nothing to do. 3. If there isn't a book, congrats, this team will 'exist' by popping up once or twice a year at most, with one or two of them getting to actually say something. 4. Having the JLC work as part of a government sanctioned team again is pure character regression and takes away the 'rebel' element from them.
    Well, since Snyder is already openly taking inspiration from Justice League Unlimited I don't see why Yang or whoever were launch a Great Twenty book couldn't take inspiration from there too but more directly. Snyder is spreading JLU's influence across a whole family of books so even though they have the beehive-style base they're all subdivided. Yang or whoever could just straight up do JLU in one book complete with the internal politics, drama, and "water cooler" moments of character and levity.....but in China. Honestly I'd be all about that. In universe it works as a direct response to the US Justice League growing and reaching out farther. In regards to how to reconcile the government links: that's all up to execution, imo. Do they meet at the middle ground? Are the forced to be absorbed into the Great Ten? But regardless, there'd be story in the how, why, and after.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Isn't Doomsday clock a bad future storyline?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Nah. It's just the DCU one year into the future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Isn't Doomsday clock a bad future storyline?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Nah. It's just the DCU one year into the future.
    And I think it's both. I would bet every dollar in my bank account that the future presented in Doomsday Clock will not become the main DCU's status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    And I think it's both. I would bet every dollar in my bank account that the future presented in Doomsday Clock will not become the main DCU's status quo.
    I personally wouldn't bet on it. Outside of Superman Reborn Johns and DC have been pretty steadfast in making all of their events build on one another as things that very much did happen. That said I'd be lying if I said I didn't think it wasn't possible given the nature of some of the aspects in the story.

Very much doubt any sort of reboot though.

Okay, I haven't read any Superman comics outside of some older continuity stories, non-continuity stuff like earth one, and Action Comics volume one of the new 52 while I was collecting origin stories. But I am interested in the Chinese Superman, so do I need to read any prior Superman title to get into this, or is it fairly newbie friendly to get into?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Okay, I haven't read any Superman comics outside of some older continuity stories, non-continuity stuff like earth one, and Action Comics volume one of the new 52 while I was collecting origin stories. But I am interested in the Chinese Superman, so do I need to read any prior Superman title to get into this, or is it fairly newbie friendly to get into?
    It’s self-contained, reading the Last Days of Superman would help give you some info on how Kenan gets his powers, and knowing Superman Reborn will help when Supes shows up later. Neither are needed though.

I’m glad Kenan and co. Popped up in Doomsday Clock. Nice to know they’re still around.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    It’s self-contained, reading the Last Days of Superman would help give you some info on how Kenan gets his powers, and knowing Superman Reborn will help when Supes shows up later. Neither are needed though.

I’m glad Kenan and co. Popped up in Doomsday Clock. Nice to know they’re still around.
    Great, might get this then. Is here the right place to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Great, might get this then. Is here the right place to start?
    Yep that’s it, happy reading.