Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    iMan 42s

EA has been nothing but blunder after blunder. How is it a success?

EA is not a developers studio it's a publisher. 2 games in six years is fine for Dice but for EA who had so much in-development, that's wasted time and resources on products that will never see the light of day.

It just reeks of Disney not knowing where to put its money seeing as the landscape is terrible for big name publishers and probably just sat with whatever they knew. Disney isn't wrong, they have always been terrible about their games, but just choosing the Devil is not the way to do it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Agreed, its more than fine for them to say, "we suck at games, we'll farm this one out". They just farmed it out to the wrong freaking people.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

iMan 42s

Things like this actually do make me worried about other franchises Disney will acquire with the Fox merger. Alien, Predator, Terminator, etc, have a decent potential for videogames and if those titles get locked down to the wrong studio we could be looking at marketable game franchises across the board ending up like Star Wars.

If people thought Alien:Blackout was a poor decision over at Fox, imagine what Disney might do should EA want a crack at it.

Now that's not to say Battlefront 2 didn't improve, but by the time it started it was to little too late. The single-player is a mess and the multiplayer content drops are too slow. With Lootboxes being the fiasco they had been it pretty much killed its after-purchase sales.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Disney acquiring all these IPs was always going to be a bad thing and not just for video games.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Disney thinks EA is doing a good job with the license
    https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news...ea-1203129606/

Welp
    This is a case of someone who actually knows games needs to sit down with Iger and explain to him just how bad EA has messed up the Star Wars property. I am sure Iger is of that age where the last time he played a game it was something like Pong, and has now idea about modern games. Just show him a spreadsheet showing him how much more money he could make with the Star Wars lisense in another companies hands instead of the shitshow that is EA.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Things like this actually do make me worried about other franchises Disney will acquire with the Fox merger. Alien, Predator, Terminator, etc, have a decent potential for videogames and if those titles get locked down to the wrong studio we could be looking at marketable game franchises across the board ending up like Star Wars.

If people thought Alien:Blackout was a poor decision over at Fox, imagine what Disney might do should EA want a crack at it.

Now that's not to say Battlefront 2 didn't improve, but by the time it started it was to little too late. The single-player is a mess and the multiplayer content drops are too slow. With Lootboxes being the fiasco they had been it pretty much killed its after-purchase sales.

ALIEN outside of ISOLATION seems to have always had to struggle a bit (Colonial Marines for example). Predator-wise I'd like to see somebody take a crack at it-given that a lot of games these days utilize some sort of tracking system (Arkham's detective mode, Witcher's senses, Red Dead's eye, HZD's focus etc.) which would be perfect for Predator.

Has there ever really been any good Terminator games, apart from the T2 arcade game?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    ALIEN outside of ISOLATION seems to have always had to struggle a bit (Colonial Marines for example). Predator-wise I'd like to see somebody take a crack at it-given that a lot of games these days utilize some sort of tracking system (Arkham's detective mode, Witcher's senses, Red Dead's eye, HZD's focus etc.) which would be perfect for Predator.

Has there ever really been any good Terminator games, apart from the T2 arcade game?
    The Predator community tends to lean toward Concrete Jungle being the last good one and I'm to this day genuinely surprised there has never been a remake or followup. The infrastructure is there and if they released it digital I'm sure it would've done fine. Weirdly enough, it does seem to have a pretty good basis for a Star Wars game. The Inquisitors having to skulk around an environment stealthily looking for Jedi with some minor platforming, I could see it. Even the weapon upgrade system of that game where you had to find fallen Predator's equipment would work with Inquisitors taking trophies from their targets, or finding discarded gear from runners or fallen Jedi that the clones missed would work.

I don't think there has been any good Terminator games but the ones I've played always frustrated me because they're almost there. It's like they always come up short but there is something to work with. If they ever did anything like Battlefield or Battlefront with that I wouldn't complain.

Although every other action RPG game pretty much does it these days (HZD and the last few AC games in particular), I'd also look at Witcher 3 for inspiration for a Star Wars game-The Witchers are kind of like the Jedi anyway-People separated from their families and trained from youth with unusual powers (There's even a Witcher equivalent of the "Jedi mind trick"!). Although the Witchers are more bounty hunters I think, whereas the Jedi are mainly public servants, and are mainly concerned with hunting monsters, although Geralt's adventures at least take him far beyond that.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Being a big fighting game buff, I would love if Namco got their hands on the license and made a Star Wars fighting game with the Soul Calibur team behind it.

On the one hand its impressive to see Disney admit they've no fucking clue about something. On the otherhand its disturbing to see a company usually so good at monetizing stuff and getting synergy out of their IPs being so ignorant of how much a **** up EA has been.