Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Amazing Member

be a big month quite a few arcs concluding and maybe a few books. also a ceazy amount of jean grey/phoenix luckily a few of my short runs will be finishing.

WTF did Malin and Brisson do to Blink? She looks like she was plucked right out of a crappy Extreme Studios book from 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    WTF did Malin and Brisson do to Blink? She looks like she was plucked right out of a crappy Extreme Studios book from 1993.
    That Blink costume needs to burn.

Unless it's a coloring mistake and it's supposed to be full body.

BANNED

So Sabretooth might break bad soon? Good let him Good Guy Sabretooth sucks.

Looking forward to CA since it means Kraven will actually be a threat again.

Thanos# 15
    GOTG# 150,151
    Phoenix Ressurection 2,3,4,5
    Jean Grey 11
    Avengers 675,676,677,678
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Well I'll go with:
    Phoenix Ressurection 2,3,4,5 (with a lot of variant cover)
    Jean Grey#11
    GOTG#150,151
    Cable#153 (I'll see with the beginning of the Legacy arc but if it's good I'll go)
    X-Men Grand Design#2
    Hawkeye#14

Maybe:
    X-Men Gold#19,20 (Probably for the New costume if it's bad, I'll probably stop)
    X-Men Gold Annual#1
    X-Men Blue#19, 20 (I enjoy the dynamic but I'm getting tired of it, I'll see how it goes)
    X-Men Blue Annual#1
    Astonishing X-Men#7 (Well I'm not a great fan of Charles but I'll see how it goes too)

A surprisingly large month of Marvel for me.

Guardians of the Galaxy #150 and #151 - Only buying this because of Adam Warlock. If Marvel botches his return this will be the last time I buy a non-Jim Starlin cosmic Marvel book.

Spirits of Vengeance #4 - I liked the first ish. Hopefully this will continue.

Moon Knight #191
    - Really hope this run doesn't suck. Haven't really enjoyed my favorite Marvel hero in a long time.

Star Wars # 41 and #42 - Still really enjoying the SW comic.
    Batman - Daredevil

Avengers #675, 676, 677, 678
    GOTG #150, 151
    Mighty Thor #703
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #28
    Tales of Suspense #101
    Thanos #15
    Infinity War Prelude #1
    Star Wars #41, 42
    Darth Vader #10

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Questions:
    For the people getting the Avengers. what is making you want to get it? I've been quite lackluster in the Avengers for the past few years, so I am considering this, but I want some others opinions.

Variants covers. I don't usually pay attention, but how does one get the variant cover? Is it a percentage of comics ordered?
    Depends on the variant. Some are open to order, others incentive ratio (e.g. 1:25, 1:50, 1:100, 1:4999) and others open to order with minimum % order of the regular cover based on a previous issue (so pretty much requires retailers to do algebra).

Ask your retailer what the requirements are for the desired variant.

Getting
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #7 LEG
    OLD MAN HAWKEYE #1 (OF 12) LEG
    ROGUE & GAMBIT #1 (OF 5) LEG
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #697 LEG
    DAREDEVIL #597 LEG
    DEFENDERS #9 LEG
    HAWKEYE #14 LEG
    TALES OF SUSPENSE #101 (OF 5) LEG

Maybe Priest's Inhumans: Once and Future Kings TPB
    Last edited by rui no onna; 10-18-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Agreed. Knowing that there's a complete story already written, that there won't be any hoping the writer gets to do what they had in mind before the next cross-over derails the book or the next relaunch catches up to them, is reassuring in a way.
    Yes, absolutely feel the same way.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Despicable Deadpool #292 & 293
    Spider-Man/Deadpool #26 & 27
    Deadpool vs Old Man Logan #4
    Rogue & Gambit #1
    Astonishing X-Men #7
    Daredevil #597
    Invincible Iron Man #596
    No Iceman? We won't let you leave! :P

Mighty Member

Interesting that "No Surrender" is combining the creative teams in individual issues, rather than the more traditional method of keeping creative teams on their individual titltes during a cross-over. (This is not completely without precedent. But, it is still more rare. And, I cannot think of a major event that has done this recently.)

Glancing over the previews for the "Venom Inc." event shows that Costa and Slott are teaming up for that event. I might buy in, if only because I am a fan of both writers. Still hoping that Marvel does something with Lee Price (the previous host of the symbiote), but that is unlikely, at least until after the event.

I am going to add "Black Bolt" to my pull-list. (Been reading it consistently enough.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Questions:
    For the people getting the Avengers. what is making you want to get it? I've been quite lackluster in the Avengers for the past few years, so I am considering this, but I want some others opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Waid's is a solid writer, his artists have been mostly great, Uncanny Avengers has been an enjoyable if slightly trivial romp. On the other hand I am not really a fan of U.S.Avengers and haven't read a single issue of Occupy Avengers.
    Same for me. I'm already following UA, and would love to hop on Waid's Avengers but I hadn't up to now because frankly none of the characters on his Avengers team interest me. But this is advertised as epic, with an underlying promise of "getting back some of the old guard" (not in those words but that's how I understood it), so I'm all for it. I'm aware I might be sorely disappointed, but I'm willing to give Marvel this chance to wow me

The story seems to already be complete/planned, and since it's a weekly I don't expect delays, and there is minimal chance it will get altered midways (as we have seen at times with events). Plus, there are great artists on this title, which will surely help matters.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Definitely:
    Inhumans: Judgment Day - Hopefully it'll be a good end to Ewing's story, although I'll be sad to see it go
    Daredevil 597 - Looks good
    Jessica Jones 16 - Loved issue one
    Black Panther 169
    Black Bolt 9

Probably:
    Defenders 9 - I'm getting over this story, but I'll let it finish out the arc.
    Secret Warriors 12 - I'm a little worried this one is the last one.
    Daredevil EC: Mike Murdock Must Die! - One day I feel I will own Daredevil in floppy, Essential Collection, and Epic Collection. What can I say. But, given my namesake, how could I pass this up?

I think I'm getting it, but I'm not positive:
    Marvel Two-in-One 2
    Tales of Suspense 101 - The "of 5" thing is just confusingly phrased now.

Maybe, not sure:
    Rise of the Black Panther - I liked the crew, but I was burned by World of Wakanda. I might wait and see for this. I thought this was going to be a Comixology story.
    X-Men Grand Design 2

I'm sure I'll get it eventually, but probably not full price:
    New Mutants EC: Curse of the Valkyries

Probably not, but I could be persuaded:
    Avengers 676
    Avengers 676
    Avengers 677
    Avengers 678
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    no iceman? We won't let you leave!
    Iceman #9! Iceman #9!

Added. I always miss one when I post in these threads.
    Last edited by cc008; 10-18-2017 at 05:08 PM.