Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

And it goes without saying that each one of us will be buying Ben Reilly: the Scarlet Spider so that we can find out what's going on with the Slingers and if Ben is going to hook up with Lady Death herself!

-Pav, who hopes you'll try it out...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Interesting that "No Surrender" is combining the creative teams in individual issues, rather than the more traditional method of keeping creative teams on their individual titltes during a cross-over. (This is not completely without precedent. But, it is still more rare. And, I cannot think of a major event that has done this recently.)

Glancing over the previews for the "Venom Inc." event shows that Costa and Slott are teaming up for that event. I might buy in, if only because I am a fan of both writers. Still hoping that Marvel does something with Lee Price (the previous host of the symbiote), but that is unlikely, at least until after the event.
    Well, Lee will be in the event and he was just seen in Venom #155 so he's around, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Tales of Suspense 101 - The "of 5" thing is just confusingly phrased now.
    Marvel already mentioned it was a 5-part mini to begin with. Granted, spanning #100-104 is bound to be confusing for probably a lot of people. Given they went to the trouble of using legacy numbering, I hope they keep it as a sort of anthology. Like "Tales of Suspense presents..." or something.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

They should have just put the "of 5" in the issue title instead - Red Ledger Part 2 (of 5) rather than Tales of Suspense 101 of 5.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I have heard Two-In-One is a mini, but there was no noting it as such was with the Tales of Suspense 5 issue run. Now the MTIO was only a rumor as far as i know, but has there been anything official?
    It looks like a ongoing comic book to me.
    But is intriguing that if it is a ongoing comic book why did it not have the legacy numbering of the original Marvel Two in One.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Questions:
    For the people getting the Avengers. what is making you want to get it? I've been quite lackluster in the Avengers for the past few years, so I am considering this, but I want some others opinions.

Variants covers. I don't usually pay attention, but how does one get the variant cover? Is it a percentage of comics ordered?
    I will buy the Avengers storyline because i am intrigued about the mistery of who is Voyager and why she apears as one of the statues of the original Avengers.
    Plus this storyline have all the Avengers comic books changing to just Avengers,as a fan of more of the original Avengers comic book (the only exceptions was West Coast Avengers and Secret Avengers as ocasions that i was more interested in a secondary Avengers comic book that the main one).
    And the story looks intriguing as well.
    I just dont know yet if i will buy this storyline in single issues format or read in TPB.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Get in! Punisher Max omnibus by Ennis. Been waiting years to get this run in the oversized format.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Glancing over the previews for the "Venom Inc." event shows that Costa and Slott are teaming up for that event. I might buy in, if only because I am a fan of both writers. Still hoping that Marvel does something with Lee Price (the previous host of the symbiote), but that is unlikely, at least until after the event.
    I might be wrong (I haven't kept up with recent Venom issues or Venomverse), but I get the feeling Lee Price is Maniac. The symbiote Venow is fighting on the cover to #160. His hairstyle is the same as Lee's. That's just my suspicion. I'll find out as I pick up Amazing and need to get the venom issues for Venom Inc.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I am astonished that Marvel is being upfront about which series are mini's. Been ages since they have done that (with titles not classed as "events" anyway.) In previous years all those would have been listed as ongoing until they weren't. Kind of refreshing and it encourages me to check them out as there is no long-term commitment on my end beyond those 5-6 months. DC is doing the same as well.
    I think they've been consistent for at least the last six months. I know Inhumans: Once and Future Kings was solicited as a mini from the beginning. I don't recall what issue one of Bullseye said, but, starting with issue two (so before the series was even released), they started calling it a mini. I think the Ennis Punisher prequel is doing the same thing.

I don't get why Marvel thinks minis scare people. Minis are a selling point for me because there's usually more comics I'm interested in than I can justify buying. With a mini, there's a promise that it'll end and I can try something else after. I may even be able to go over my limit for a month if one is almost done and another is just starting.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

They should have just put the "of 5" in the issue title instead - Red Ledger Part 2 (of 5) rather than Tales of Suspense 101 of 5.
    But that would be too logical.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

My wallet's crying.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, Lee will be in the event and he was just seen in Venom #155 so he's around, at least.
    This is known? Sorry I dropped "Venom" in the first place. (Brock's return was too abrupt. And, the series seemed to lose any real direction at that point.)

My impression is that Costa had plans for Lee Price before it was established that there would be a (Brock-focused) "Venom" movie. At this point, I just hope that Costa can salvage something of the Lee Price arc. (The idea of a guy lucking in to powers and deciding to be a criminal, while trying to avoid Silver Age cliche, has always interested me.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I think they've been consistent for at least the last six months. I know Inhumans: Once and Future Kings was solicited as a mini from the beginning. I don't recall what issue one of Bullseye said, but, starting with issue two (so before the series was even released), they started calling it a mini. I think the Ennis Punisher prequel is doing the same thing.

I don't get why Marvel thinks minis scare people. Minis are a selling point for me because there's usually more comics I'm interested in than I can justify buying. With a mini, there's a promise that it'll end and I can try something else after. I may even be able to go over my limit for a month if one is almost done and another is just starting.
    Bullseye was originally solicited as a mini. Elektra and Kingpin were not. Neither were Gamora, Star Lord, Rocket and I am Groot, iirc. I think same for BP: WoW and BP & The Crew. It wasn't until JUL17/AUG17 Previews (basically Legacy) that Marvel started to embrace limited series. Prior to that, practically the only books they actually labeled minis were either events, Star Wars or Deadpool.

Retailers don't typically order high on minis even for first issues because as soon as the mini ends and the TPB is released, the market for the single issues dies. Meanwhile, while it's a dwindling base, you do still have folks collecting back issues of long running series such as Batman, ASM, etc. By not labeling a series a mini, a publisher can get 40-80K orders for #1 versus just 20-30K if they'd been honest. All the cancellations and renumberings kinda backfired though as eventually, new Marvel books that didn't have A-list characters were being ordered at mini-series levels anyway. DC had the same problems towards the end of New 52.
    Currently Following:

Amazing Spider-Man #794
    Marvel Two In One #2
    Unbelievable Gwenpool #24
    Star Wars #41 and #42
    Darth Vader #10
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi-DJ #1

Normal month for me.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member

Bullseye being a mini is the sole reason I decided to take a chance on it. Glad I did as I loved the heck out of it. Same deal with I: OaFK. Although, Priest is the main reason I gave it a go.

I know not soliciting series as mini's can gain higher orders from retailers. But it can have the opposite effect. For me, I have a list of ongoing series that I am committed to purchasing long-term. I am more reluctant to take a chance on new series if I perceive them as potential ongoings. My budget only goes so far. However, if i know it is a mini from the get go, i go the extra mile as I know it has a set end point and won't bust my budget.

DC is putting out a string of mini's featuring second and third tier characters. I've been more inclined to give them a shot knowing they are mini's. It also helps that they are mostly the Horror/Supernatural characters such as Ragman, Demon and Deadman (the latter has glow in the dark covers.)