Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I have heard Two-In-One is a mini, but there was no noting it as such was with the Tales of Suspense 5 issue run. Now the MTIO was only a rumor as far as i know, but has there been anything official?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - So Cap's fighting Kraven now...uh, okay.
    Cap's actually running from Kraven??

- Wait, Ringmaster is behind Luke's incarceration? That's kind of random .
    no more random than him being Scarlet Witch's therapist.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 10-17-2017 at 06:38 PM.

- Old Man Hawkeye sounds like Old Man Logan...with Hawkeye .

- Curious to see who the new Defenders are, since I wasn't expecting this 4-man team to really expand.
    OMH is a prequel to OML.

Defenders, I would assume the new members will be among the ladies on the cover. Though White Tiger shouldn't be there, she's depowered.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I am also confused by Legacy. He technically should no longer exist, so will they explain his reappearance or not?
    Uh, you mean Legion?

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Black Bolt #9
    Jean Grey #11
    Rogue & Gambit #1
    Captain America #697
    She-Hulk # 161
    Amazing Spider-Man #794
    ASM:RYV #15
    Daredevil #597
    Two-In-One#2
    Falcon #4
    Ms. Marvel

Questions:
    For the people getting the Avengers. what is making you want to get it? I've been quite lackluster in the Avengers for the past few years, so I am considering this, but I want some others opinions.

Variants covers. I don't usually pay attention, but how does one get the variant cover? Is it a percentage of comics ordered?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Looking forward to Tales of Suspense and Marvel Two in One.

Both all new Wolverine and Old Man Logan has interesting stories. I don't like Oml but If the Scarlet Samurai is Mariko I'll pick it up
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Where´s Uncanny Avengers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Where´s Uncanny Avengers?
    I assume it has gone on hiatus until No Surrender runs its course. If you look at the main Avengers solicits you'll see it is a co-written affair between Waid, Ewing and Jim Zub. Plus the main Avengers book goes weekly for 16 weeks (No Surrender is a 16 issue story arc.)

So yeah, it will either continue after the conclusion or it will be relaunched. Until then, we will only be getting the main Avengers title.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 10-17-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I assume it has gone on hiatus until No Surrender runs its course. If you look at the main Avengers solicits you'll see it is a co-written affair between Waid, Ewing and Jim Zub. Plus the main Avengers book goes weekly for 16 weeks (No Surrender is a 16 issue story arc.
    Thank you for the information.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Thank you for the information.
    No worries

Astonishing Member

I am astonished that Marvel is being upfront about which series are mini's. Been ages since they have done that (with titles not classed as "events" anyway.) In previous years all those would have been listed as ongoing until they weren't. Kind of refreshing and it encourages me to check them out as there is no long-term commitment on my end beyond those 5-6 months. DC is doing the same as well.

Makes me wonder if the market might be shifting back to Mini and Maxi series again (DC has 3 Maxi's solicited with Bane:Conquest, Doomsday Clock and Raven: Daughter of Darkness.) Especially with characters that would otherwise struggle to last past 12 issues.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 10-17-2017 at 11:41 PM.

For single issues, probably just Iceman. Possibly the Phoenix series if I hear good word of mouth, but $4 for a weekly is a tough sell for me.

All New Wolverine in trade, as per usual.

I wish I knew the reasons behind some of the reprint activity here. The New Mutants: Back to School collection, like the rest of the NM stuff, has to be because of the upcoming movie, but I'm really hoping it'll be followed up with more New X-Men reprints.

Avengers Academy getting the complete collection treatment is what really has me crossing my fingers. I'd love to see those characters come back.

I am astonished that Marvel is being upfront about which series are mini's. Been ages since they have done that (with titles not classed as "events" anyway.) In previous years all those would have been listed as ongoing until they weren't. Kind of refreshing and it encourages me to check them out as there is no long-term commitment on my end beyond those 5-6 months. DC is doing the same as well.
    Agreed. Knowing that there's a complete story already written, that there won't be any hoping the writer gets to do what they had in mind before the next cross-over derails the book or the next relaunch catches up to them, is reassuring in a way.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 10-17-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Uh, you mean Legion?
    Yes. Was half asleep when I wrote that. Used the title of his last run by Spurrier by mistake (which I think was great).

Theoretically he 'butterfly effected' himself out of existence as a self sacrifice, he should never have existed. I can excuse the odd reference made to him by writers that didn't know any better, but nobody should even know about him. The solicit seems to suggest otherwise. I wonder if they will just ignore his previous run and Secret Wars handwave it. I hope they drop some kind of acknowledgement that the previous story still exists.

I guess having a TV show has convinced Marvel to bring him back, and now they possibly regret the choice to let Spurrier erase him.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-17-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Questions:
    For the people getting the Avengers. what is making you want to get it? I've been quite lackluster in the Avengers for the past few years, so I am considering this, but I want some others opinions.

Variants covers. I don't usually pay attention, but how does one get the variant cover? Is it a percentage of comics ordered?
    Waid's is a solid writer, his artists have been mostly great, Uncanny Avengers has been an enjoyable if slightly trivial romp. On the other hand I am not really a fan of U.S.Avengers and haven't read a single issue of Occupy Avengers.

Makes me wonder if the market might be shifting back to Mini and Maxi series again (DC has 3 Maxi's solicited with Bane:Conquest, Doomsday Clock and Raven: Daughter of Darkness.) Especially with characters that would otherwise struggle to last past 12 issues.
    I nearly fell off my chair when a previous solicit (I think a House of X blurb in the back of the books) spilt the beans about Astonishing X-Men being a 12 issue Maxi. But I note they are not declaring that here. Maybe they are in two minds about it, or maybe it was a slip up.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-18-2017 at 12:16 AM.