Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NBA 2017-2018 Season thread

BASKETBALL IS BACK!

The Cleveland Cavaliers host the Boston Celtics with Kyrie Irving in the Season Opener! LeBron James is a game-time decision (ankle).

Then the Golden State Warriors get their rings tonight to face the Houston Rockets with Chris Paul!

Predictions? Both for tonight's games and the rest of the 2017-2018 regular season?

It's a Ball night!

Lebron's gonna play
    The J-man

OMG I feel so bad for Gordon Hayward.

I don't know if I can watch the rest of this game

praying for him.
    The J-man

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

praying for him.
    That was gruesome

That’s something no one wants to see and it happening in the season opener is just awful

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

praying for him.
    I'm not a doctor, I don't even play one on TV, but I'd be shocked if that injury didn't end Hayward's season. Most unfortunate.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

That sucks so bad. Initial reports are fractured ankle. I was hoping for maybe just a bad dislocation.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

bad dislocation of a joint like an ankle is usually part of a fracture as it was in this case, one thing to be scared of is the possibility that it ruptured his Achilles tendon, as a dislocated ankle can take it with it sometimes, hopefully the X Rays won't reveal anything additional to the already more than likely season ending injury

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    BASKETBALL IS BACK!

The Cleveland Cavaliers host the Boston Celtics with Kyrie Irving in the Season Opener! LeBron James is a game-time decision (ankle).

Then the Golden State Warriors get their rings tonight to face the Houston Rockets with Chris Paul!

Predictions? Both for tonight's games and the rest of the 2017-2018 regular season?

It's a Ball night!
    My Predictions on who will make playoff & their seeding.. Probably will adjust my some of predictions by the allstar break..

Wizard or Bucks
    Cavs
    Bucks or Wizard
    Raptors
    Boston
    76ers
    Heat
    Hornets or Hawks

GSW
    OKC
    Rockets
    SAS
    T-Wolves
    T-Blazers
    Grizzlies
    Pelicans

The Cavs that played tonight looked much more impressive than the team from opening night

Once Lue gets a set rotation down this team is going to be the best iteration yet even minus Kyrie, because the depth is ridiculous

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Lonzo Ball, and Brandon Ingram actually balled out last night, sure it was against the Suns, but you know small steps.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Lonzo Ball, and Brandon Ingram actually balled out last night, sure it was against the Suns, but you know small steps.
    Very true, long-term I'm more concerned about imgram then Ball.. sometimes it seems like he can't shoot or score at all when defend.

Also Lakers need to change their starting line up to this imo asap :

Ball
    Clarkson
    Ingram
    Randle
    Lopez

Boogie and the brow are very fun to watch, playing 2 & half on vs 5 will not work out well long term. Their SG & SF range from God awful to average imo and holiday is average at Best in my opinion as well.. Someone from the Pelicans organization need to go overseas or go to the G-League or Big3 or some where & find them some help.. Vince Carter right now it's probably better than any of their current SG or SF. Trade for him lol.

I'm confident Nate Robinson, Steven Jackson, Paul Pierce, Monta Ellis, Matt Banes, Barbosa, Boris Diaw, Gerald Green, Brandon Jennings, Rodney Stuckey, Derrick Williams, the Ghost of Mike Miller & the Ghost of Deron Williams are better than most of the Pelicans roster.

The Clippers just put 130 on the Suns, I think Phoenix is just that bad, they have yet to hold a team under 124 points, and two of their three losses have been by 40+
    Last edited by Hiromi; 10-22-2017 at 12:49 AM.