Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Sixers vs. Knicks. The Process vs. The Unicorn. On right now.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Kristaps making it happen

Sixers won, but I was on the edge of my couch and couldn’t relax until the final horn sounded. Never mind the Unicorn, Enos Kanter was a super beast for the Knicks.

Man, these are the dog days of the NBA season.

Although, The Clippers made a shocking trade: Blake Griffin to my Detroit Pistons!

Can't say that I hate the trade: my Pistons were going nowhere and Blake just had 24 and 10 in his Motor City debut. We haven't had a legit superstar since Grant Hill (1994-2000). With a little luck, we can make the playoffs in the East.

But I also feel the Clips are clearing out cap space to make a run at (of course) LeBron James this summer, hence this otherwise incomprehensible trade.

I watched two Raptors games this week, vs Minnesota at ACC and vs Washington on TV. Is it just me or do they take a lot of unneccesary 3 pt attempts? They didn't take a lead until the 4th qtr against Min, and lost to Washington. Drove me nuts.

So Cleveland has basically just traded 6 players in the last 20 minutes or so, Isiah Thomas and Channing Frye go to the Lakers in addition to their first rounder(Cleveland's first rounder, not Brooklyn's which they keep), Dwayne Wade goes back to Miami, Jae Crowder and Derrick Rose go to Utah, and Iman Shumpert goes to Sacramento

Cleveland gets, Jordan Crawford, Larry Nance Jr from the Lakers, Rodney Hood and George Hill from the Jazz,

Wonder if they'll make yet another trade and get Deandre Jordan from the Clippers, it's been a crazy trade deadline

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The Clev trade memes on twitter are hilarious. They basically traded their whole team for a new one.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I mean if you looked at everyone they traded they were all either injury prone, under performing , or just old, so can't really fault the moves, I think we still have an hour or so till the deadline so more could be coming

BANNED

IT was/is overrated, I had hoped Kyrie would end up on the Knicks, but Boston made the better deal and shipped the runt out

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I mean if you looked at everyone they traded they were all either injury prone, under performing , or just old, so can't really fault the moves, I think we still have an hour or so till the deadline so more could be coming
    I would have rather gotten a center. Tristan Thompson is sort of lame, but I guess they couldn't swing everything.. I know this should be meaningless, but ever since Thompson got involved with a Kardashian, he's gone down hill.

We might still see them trade him for Deandre Jordan, which honestly would help them boat loads imo, trade deadline still isn't up

I try to root for the Rockets I really do, but Harden just flops way too much. Once in a while its okay, but every play?!
    The J-man

Getting to the free throw line is an integral part of his game, even when he's not flopping he deliberately initiates contact on his drives to try and get foul calls, it's one of the reasons I can never really root for him. I'm a big CP3 fan though so I do like seeing him do well

Meanwhile Lebron is single handily destroying the Raptors in ways I don't think I've ever seen a single player destroy another team

My Sixers make their last stand at home tonight in a win or go home game four against Boston as they're down 0-3 to the Celtics. In the history of the NBA, no team has rallied from such a deficit to win a playoff series, sadly, Philly won't be the first. The Sixers have been thoroughly outplayed, making loads of mistakes attributed to a young team in the postseason for the first time while Brett Brown has been completed outcoached at every turn by Brad Stevens, and I see none of that changing tonight. In fact, I fully expect the Celts to keep their foot on the gas and put my squad out of it's misery tonight.

76ers show some pride and at least say we won't be swept

Raptors... not so much