Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Well, it's over.

I will never understand why LeBron didn't look at the score in the fourth quarter the last time it was tied, and just say "Screw it, I'm guarding Durant myself from here on in".

Durant is nigh - un - guardable to begin with these days, but only LeBron can make him truly work for his shots. And yet ... that didn't happen.

Well, unless LeBron does the impossible and engineers an unprecedented comeback from down 0-3 to win the next four games in a row (and if he were to somehow do that, yeah, then he leapfrogs MJ in my book), the series is one game away from being over ... as is James' time with the Cavaliers.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 06-06-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Cavs were always going to lose this series but I just want someone to clothesline Draymond
    The J-man

I'm shocked that Korver only has 4 points in this series so far. It took him 10 FG attempts to do that over 3 games. That's kind of inexcusable. Against lesser competition he's a killer, never gonna give you a high average but against the East (and my Pacers) he's an assasain. Swish can be a whole problem but at least he's out there in the mix. I know he old but damn, for the minutes he gives up way too much, IN THE FINALS, to not hit ANY three pointers. I betJames whishes he could get Mike Miller on the phone, send him a uniform with Korvers name on it and just hope nobody would notice the swap.

Sweeps in the NBA Finals are always deflating. Doesn't happen that often but it leaves a mark. They play too many damn games for that shit.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Lebron could only do so much alone. He took the Cavs farther than ever expected. In 2 series he wasn't expected to win yet somehow carried them to this again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Lebron could only do so much alone. He took the Cavs farther than ever expected. In 2 series he wasn't expected to win yet somehow carried them to this again.
    Everyone expected the Cavs to be here. We knew this was going to be the final last year.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I pretty much expect the Cavs to win Friday night. No way will Lebron allow the Cavs to be swept and watch Golden State hoist the trophy on his home court, but yeah, this series is over. It's only a question of when.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I pretty much expect the Cavs to win Friday night. No way will Lebron allow the Cavs to be swept and watch Golden State hoist the trophy on his home court, but yeah, this series is over. It's only a question of when.
    I don’t think this Cavs team is capable of that. I wish they were. They need a perfect game to have a 50% chance

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I don’t think this Cavs team is capable of that. I wish they were. They need a perfect game to have a 50% chance
    I said in a previous post that the only way the Cavs win so much as one game in this series is if Golden State takes a night off and Cleveland manages to win. I think tomorrow will be that night for the Dubs.

Don't think LeBron has much of a choice in the matter when the Warriors are cookin at max power.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 06-07-2018 at 06:46 AM.

[sarcasm]I am so glad Durant went to GSW. It was so good for the league[/sarcasm]
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    [sarcasm]I am so glad Durant went to GSW. It was so good for the league[/sarcasm]
    The same league that has Lebron going to his 8th straight Finals. That is always dominated by the same 3 or 4 teams at any given time, and has had superteams in the past. The NBA is the most predictable big time league in American sports from start to finish result wise. This is nothing new.

But you're upset. It's ok. I get it.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 06-07-2018 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    The same league that has Lebron going to his 8th straight Finals. That is always dominated by the same 4 teams at any given time, and has had superteams in the past. The NBA is the most predictable big time league in American sports from start to finish result wise.
    Which is why I haven't watched much of the playoffs, because that predictability hasn't been all that exciting. Compared to that, you have the NHL's Stanley Cup Finals pitting a first year expansion team (Vegas) against a squad that last made the championship round twenty years ago (Washington) and has been far more exciting. Meanwhile, I wonder what the ratings have been like for the NBA Finals, I mean having the Cavs and Warriors face each other for a fourth straight year HAS to have resulted in some sort of slippage in terms of viewers, mainly out of boredom from seeing the same two teams.

Which is why I haven't watched much of the playoffs, because that predictability hasn't been all that exciting. Compared to that, you have the NHL's Stanley Cup Finals pitting a first year expansion team (Vegas) against a squad that last made the championship round twenty years ago (Washington) and has been far more exciting. Meanwhile, I wonder what the ratings have been like for the NBA Finals, I mean having the Cavs and Warriors face each other for a fourth straight year HAS to have resulted in some sort of slippage in terms of viewers, mainly out of boredom from seeing the same two teams.
    Maybe. I think people just seeing greatness regardless. The casual fan will still tune in because it's Lebron, Durant, and Curry on the biggest stage. People like stars just like they like going to sequels instead of trying something new. Which is why Hollywood keeps making them.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    The same league that has Lebron going to his 8th straight Finals. That is always dominated by the same 3 or 4 teams at any given time, and has had superteams in the past. The NBA is the most predictable big time league in American sports from start to finish result wise. This is nothing new.

But you're upset. It's ok. I get it.
    Not upset, bored.

Lebron did it with two different teams and 3 different rosters in the last 8 years and none of them were nearly as talented as the current GSW.

Very very very different to "team that one 73 games adds one of the top 5 players in the league"

I'm glad as a GS fan you are happy. Ain't the fans fault. Hell, aint really anyones fault. But sucks for anyone that wants to watch good competitive basketball.

Maybe lebron will go somewhere next year so the finals or conference finals are interesting again.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I dont think people would mind seeing the same 2 teams if it was competitive.

It took a herculean effort from Lebron to beat GSW after being down 3-1. Once GSW added durant, the series no longer became competitive. Then Cavs lost Kyrie and it got even worse