Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Not upset, bored.

Lebron did it with two different teams and 3 different rosters in the last 8 years and none of them were nearly as talented as the current GSW.

Very very very different to "team that one 73 games adds one of the top 5 players in the league"

I'm glad as a GS fan you are happy. Ain't the fans fault. Hell, aint really anyones fault. But sucks for anyone that wants to watch good competitive basketball.

Maybe lebron will go somewhere next year so the finals or conference finals are interesting again.
    But it's still Lebron, who is basically the team, coming out of a conference that can't compete at all with him and whatever roster he has assembled. Doesn't matter if he is with two All Stars or bums. He's coming out of the East and going to the Finals.

The Warriors have a super team. This isn't new. The NBA has had super teams in the past.

I can understand if people are bored, but at the same time it's kind of been this way for a while. Usually it's down to 3 or 4 teams that seriously have a shot at getting a ring that year, and usually those teams stick around with their window open for a few years.

But yeah, as a Warriors fan speaking, the team was horrible for 40 years. Definitely going to enjoy this time.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    But it's still Lebron, who is basically the team, coming out of a conference that can't compete at all with him and whatever roster he has assembled. Doesn't matter if he is with two All Stars or bums. He's coming out of the East and going to the Finals.

The Warriors have a super team. This isn't new. The NBA has had super teams in the past.

I can understand if people are bored, but at the same time it's kind of been this way for a while. Usually it's down to 3 or 4 teams that seriously have a shot at getting a ring that year, and usually those teams stick around with their window open for a few years.

But yeah, as a Warriors fan speaking, the team was horrible for 40 years. Definitely going to enjoy this time.
    You are downplaying a good bit about how much of a super team the warriors are. Especially post expansion. Technically, it is literally unprecedented for a team that won 73 games to add an MVP candidate lol. They were a super team before they even added Durant.

It would be like if after the lebron/wade/bosh lost in the finals the first time, they turned around and added Dwight Howard lol

The only reason i'd want Lebron on the Rockets next year is because Paul/Harden/James/Capella vs Curry/Thompson/Durant/Draymond is like an allstar game where people actually care lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

These last two seasons are just ugh. I guess you have to give it up to the Rockets the only team that made this season slightly interesting. I knew Harden would choke but they did a little better than I thought they would. It will be nice 3 or 4 years from now when we can watch competitive basketball and a competitive Finals. Remember 1970 to 2014 when the Finals use to be competitive.
    The J-man

You are downplaying a good bit about how much of a super team the warriors are. Especially post expansion. Technically, it is literally unprecedented for a team that won 73 games to add an MVP candidate lol. They were a super team before they even added Durant.

It would be like if after the lebron/wade/bosh lost in the finals the first time, they turned around and added Dwight Howard lol

The only reason i'd want Lebron on the Rockets next year is because Paul/Harden/James/Capella vs Curry/Thompson/Durant/Draymond is like an allstar game where people actually care lol
    Well, they haven't had a 73 win season with Durant since he joined. Also, the Rockets did take them to game 7, and basically handed them a win with a terrible shooting night. Who knows what happens if Paul isn't hurt either.

They can be had. As we saw before Durant, and now almost with him. Despite all the talent they have, they've been known to coast at times. Or get off to slow starts. The team isn't unbeatable, and in a series against Jordan's Bulls, Kobe/Shaq Lakers, or the Showtime Lakers I could easily see them getting knocked around.

Just saying, this is nothing new. No one could beat the Bulls in the 90's when Jordan wasn't retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    These last two seasons are just ugh. I guess you have to give it up to the Rockets the only team that made this season slightly interesting. I knew Harden would choke but they did a little better than I thought they would. It will be nice 3 or 4 years from now when we can watch competitive basketball and a competitive Finals. Remember 1970 to 2014 when the Finals use to be competitive.
    True story. Every Finals from that time span has been riveting. Some great examples:

1983 Lakers/Sixers
    2001 Lakers/Sixers
    1999 Spurs/Knicks
    2002 Lakers/Nets
    2007 Cavs/Spurs
    1995 Rockets/Magic
    2009 Lakers/Magic

Yup, the Finals was always competitive until the Warriors came around three years ago.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 06-07-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Remember 1970 to 2014 when the Finals use to be competitive.

Well, there was those two back to back sweeps by the Lakers over the Nets. Unlike this past playoffs, we saw that one coming way back.

Shoutout to the Pacers btw, ****. They actually outscored these Cavs over the first round 7 game series and unfortunately still lost. That's a playoff rarity if it's ever happened.

I myself laud the Warriors, at least E-40 is getting some national love. And at this point Tristan Thompson is my most disliked player in the league. Damn he talks a lot ****. I can't stand Draymond Green either now, they are ******* 1A and 1B to me but TT gets the edge. Long as he looses I'm good.

Last edited by Surf; 06-07-2018 at 08:52 AM. Reason: 1 Laker sweep and a Spurs L, memory...
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

True story. Every Finals from that time span has been riveting. Some great examples:

2001 Lakers/Sixers
    1999 Spurs/Knicks
    2002 Lakers/Nets
    2007 Cavs/Spurs
    1995 Rockets/Magic
    2009 Lakers/Magic

Yup, the Finals was always competitive until the Warriors came around three years ago.
    Yeah, that quote wasn't true at all haha.

I think the last time we had back to back boring finals with the same team winning is likely the shaq/kobe lakers from my memory anyway.

Usually, ego, money, or age break up these teams but... that doesn't seem like it is going to affect GS anytime soon.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah, that quote wasn't true at all haha.

I think the last time we had back to back boring finals with the same team winning is likely the shaq/kobe lakers from my memory anyway.

Usually, ego, money, or age break up these teams but... that doesn't seem like it is going to affect GS anytime soon.
    I think the next three years is our window where we'll be heavy favorites heading into each season. And I don't expect the big four to remain together for more than the next two years max. By that time the team will have moved on from Livingston or Iggy too due to age or money reasons.

Same here, man. Fist bump.

The big moment for me of the past 40 years prior to this run was Sleepy Floyd scoring 51 points against the showtime Lakers.

Durant scored the most points last night, by the way, but Iguadala stabbed the Cavs with his steely knife at just the right moment.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Meanwhile, in non-Finals news:

Bryan Colangelo resigns as Sixers president after Twitter controversy

The 76ers’ Bryan Colangelo era, short as it was, is over.

The team’s embattled president of basketball operations resigned Thursday after a scandal involving secret Twitter accounts.

Colangelo was not at the Sixers facility Thursday, a day after sources said he was spotted at pre-draft workouts. The team’s owners are expected to be in town.

Josh Harris, a Sixers co-managing partner, said in a statement that Colangelo acknowledged his use of anonymous social media accounts had a “detrimental impact” on the team.

“We find this situation to be disappointing for our entire organization,” the statement reads.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The resolution is as unsurprising as the circumstances leading to it were surprising.

Seriously, there was no way he could keep his job after a breach of trust like that. What player would take him seriously as a person?

Back to Finals talk, who you got as Finals MVP?

Durant? LeBron?

It ain't Steph, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    The resolution is as unsurprising as the circumstances leading to it were surprising.

Seriously, there was no way he could keep his job after a breach of trust like that. What player would take him seriously as a person?

Back to Finals talk, who you got as Finals MVP?

Durant? LeBron?

It ain't Steph, that's for sure.
    My money's on Durant. When was the last time the Finals MVP went to a player on the losing side?

Well it can't be JR Smith.

Neck and neck between Curry and Durant right now. Curry because he was the engineer of the overtime push to beat the Cavs in Game 1 and he scored like crazy in Game 2. Durant because he carried the team last night, especially with that shot with 45 seconds to go.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Damnit!

I was hoping he would continue to be a shitty GM and ruin the sixers (on less team for hte Pacers to beat!)

Now they might get someone competent.

BOO

THe statement from the law firm confirmed it was his wife writing all of that crap lol. But she got personal information from Colangeo at the very least.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 06-07-2018 at 10:33 AM.

THe statement from the law firm confirmed it was his wife writing all of that crap lol. But she got personal information from Colangeo at the very least.
    It gets better: Daddy Jerry threatened to undermine the Sixers if they fired his boy. Talk about a soap opera situation worthy of J.R. Ewing.