Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Everyone expected the Cavs to be here. We knew this was going to be the final last year.
    Yeah, the narrative that he wasn't supposed to be here is rather false. Everyone expected it, only started doubting when they came out of the gate so bad, but realized things would probably be the same when they started playing better after the trades and All-Star break. Toronto had the better all-around team but Toronto always folds against LeBron, and Boston is really young and missing its two best players. That he went to the Finals again isn't surprising. Boston is the team in the East no one expected after Irving went down, if anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying LeBron carrying this team isn't impressive. But it is already starting to be overblown a bit for effect.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Warriors will win the next 4 to 6 Finals.
    The J-man

The 2018 NBA post- season could end tonight.

What outcome do you want, just for tonight's game?

A Finals sweep for the Dubs?

Or

A win for the Cavs?

Honestly, I want the Cavs to win because, unless its MY team playing, I hate watching blowouts and sweeps as a general principle.

Who do you want?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    The 2018 NBA post- season could end tonight.

What outcome do you want, just for tonight's game?

A Finals sweep for the Dubs?

Or

A win for the Cavs?

Honestly, I want the Cavs to win because, unless its MY team playing, I hate watching blowouts and sweeps as a general principle.

Who do you want?
    It isn’t going to be anymore competitive if they pull off tonight and lose the next game. Give me the sweep. Have the Warriors definitively end this 4 year Finals rivalry going 3-1 on a sweep and give Lebron all the ammo to leave Cleveland. I don’t need a for show extension.

Fun question:

Durant is obviously an all time great player. One of the best ever.

But, what does he have to do to make that "jump" to be in the conversation with the Lebron, Jordan, Bird, Kareem, Magic, Duncan?, ect eschelon of all time greats? To get in the GOAT conversation or at least in tier right below it.

He's basically been overshadowed by Lebron his whole career. Many thought Lebron would have slowed down by now, giving Durant many years in his prime while Lebron was declining (lebrons gotta decline soone ror later right?) but that hasn't happened yet.

Does he have to leave the warriors and drag another team to the championship?

How many rings does he have to win in GS to make up for the fact he willingly joined a 73 winning, previous championship team?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Fun question:

But, what does he have to do to make that "jump" to be in the conversation with the Lebron, Jordan, Bird, Kareem, Magic, Duncan?, ect eschelon of all time greats? To get in the GOAT conversation or at least in tier right below it.

He's basically been overshadowed by Lebron his whole career. Many thought Lebron would have slowed down by now, giving Durant many years in his prime while Lebron was declining (lebrons gotta decline soone ror later right?) but that hasn't happened yet.

How many rings does he have to win in GS to make up for the fact he willingly joined a 73 winning, previous championship team?
    Yes he has to leave and be the guy somewhere else. Titles are differentiators in the NBA and they aren’t all created equally. The whole “yeah but they were a 73 win team before he got there” kinda hurts him.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Maybe if Durant stayed in OKC and took the Thunder to the promised land, he’d get more love as a transcendent player. As it is, he’s seen as just another superstar who chased a ring. Could Golden State won it all a year ago without Durant? Possibly, in my opinion, he was A reason the Dubs won, not THE reason, and perhaps that makes all the difference in the end.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Game's on.

Cavs already looking like trash in the 1st Q.

Curry is gonna be Finals MVP.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Free agency is going to be more entertaining than these Finals were.

In any case, don't care where LeBron goes as long as its not the Lakers. I genuinely think its a bad idea for reasons already listed outside of just flat out hating that team. But yeah, F the Lakers.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Long season, but it was a great one. I love this team. Unbelievable how this this team has gone to 4 straight Finals, and won 3/4. Before that 40 years of essentially being the NBA's doormat. I don't care what people say. These boys busted their ass and deserve it. Now it's time to go for the 3 peat. GO WARRIORS.

Feel asleep watching this game.

To quote or paraphrase PTI's Tony Kornheiser,

"There's a reason they stopped making Godfather movies at three, because Part 3 was the worst of the bunch. These Finals are the Godfather Part 4."

Congratulations to the Golden State Warriors, your 2018 NBA Champions.

That's a wrap on the 2017-2018 Season, folks! Look for the 2018 NBA Off-season thread coming soon!

I'm gonna have to start watching hockey if this is what the NBA is going to be for the foreseeable future. at least sports betting is legal now

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Fun question:

go back in time and sign with different team
    The J-man

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

You'd think the Cavs would've mustered up enough pride to have avoided getting swept, especially at home, sadly, that wasn't the case as Golden State made last night's win look ridiculously easy. It'll be interesting to see what the ratings for the Finals will be like, what with the average margin of victory being 15 points with blowouts in games two and four.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-09-2018 at 02:37 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Lebron is now 3-6 in Finals with two of his 4 losses being sweeps and 2 others being 4-1