Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

in addition Erik Bledsoe's made some tweets that hint at wanting a trade, the Suns are just a mess right now

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Giannis Antetokounmpo will become an utterly scary hybrid of LeBron James and Kevin Durant before the end of this regular season.

And finish as a top-5 League MVP finalist at a minimum.
    He needs a better jump shot first. Jason Kidd has done an amazing job of bringing Giannis along his first few years in the league.
    I thought it was a Jason Kidd experiment thing when Giannnis first starting bringing the ball up a few years back and than more
    last season. But watching Giannis taking a rebound and than going coast to coast like a hot knife through butter for an easy jam
    time and time again is a real marker of his huge upside........... now if he could just improve on his 10-15 foot jumper.

My early as hell prediction for the Top 5 League MVP finalists this season, in alphabetical order:

A. Antetokounmpo, Giannis
    B. Durant, Kevin
    C. James, LeBron
    D. Leonard, Kawhi
    E. Westbrook, Russell

Barring injury, one of these guys will take home the League MVP trophy. If I had to bet money right now ...

Probably Kawhi.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Ben Simmons, already averaging a double-double (17.0 points, 10.8 rebounds) notched his first triple double (21 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists) last night as the Sixers notched their first win of the season in a 97-86 victory over Detroit. I know it's early, but Simmons is showing the NBA world that he's the leader in the Rookie of the Year clubhouse.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-24-2017 at 01:48 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ex-Commish David Stern thinks medical marijuana shouldn't be on banned list for NBA players any longer.

Current Commissioner Adam Silver sounds open to changing the rules down the line (i.e. not this season/post-season), but for now no changes.

I am firmly for the legalization and regulation of marijuana everywhere.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Watching the Dennis Rodman biography on Crackle . Its pretty sad in a way that Rodman who did have some issues opening to people changed so drastically. The Rich family basically adopted him and for a long while Rodman would stay with them and visit each off-season. He became like a big brother to both sons. Then he slowly stopped seeing them as time passed and they tried to get a hold of him to tell him one of the boys had passed. Rodman ignored their calls.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Really enjoyed the Bucs bringing back the painted floor

Mirotic has said he wants a trade if Portis stays with the Bulls so it looks like the sucker punch will be team breaking

Cleveland just lost 4 in a row. It's still early, and there's no cause for panic moves, but damn, at least make more of an attempt to show paying customers that you might actually care about doing your job.

Golden State not exactly dominating anyone either yet, but still ...

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Cleveland just lost 4 in a row. It's still early, and there's no cause for panic moves, but damn, at least make more of an attempt to show paying customers that you might actually care about doing your job.
    What kind of a world do we live in where the once lowly Sixers (4-4) have a better record than mighty Cleveland (3-5)? Heh!

The scary thing is there was only one loss in which my squad was never in the game, that being a 30 something odd point beatdown in Toronto, two other games were lost down the stretch, including a last second Hail Mary trey that cost us a win against Houston last week. Theoretically, we could be at least 6-2 right now.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-02-2017 at 07:10 AM.

For the first time in nearly four years, my Sixers, at 5-4 are over .500 after a 121-110 home win over Indiana tonight.

Someone should remind Bradley Beal not to give the Cavs bulletin board material. Lebron with a 57/11/7 stat line tonight

Few things to watch out for with Lebron this season

Jordan's record of 866 straight games of double digit scoring is at long last in sight, Lebron hit his 800th game against the Wizards, with 73 games left it all depends on how many he plays in at this point(and of course that he keeps the streak going)
    Lebron became the 7th player to pass 29,000 points in the same game(passing Kobe to become the youngest to ever do it), He'll almost certainly pass the 30,000 mark this year and set the record there too
    The next person on the all time scoring ladder is Dirk Nowitzki, who is still active so it's hard to tell when he'll pass him(Dirk's at 30,369), but he is gaining and rapidly as Dirk is fully in his twilight seasons with sharply declining stats across the board only averaging only 10 ppg so far this year while Lebron is at 29 ppg, the next static number is Wilt Chamberlin at 31,419
    He'll likely pass Rod Strickland at some point this year on the all time assist leaders board for 11th, needing 448 more
    His 11th 50+ point game ties Allen Iverson at 6th for most of those
    He joins Kobe as the only 2 players to have a 50+ point game in his 15th season or later
    He also tied Kyrie's franchise high scoring game

Edit:

I think Lonzo Ball might be the worst shooting guard to be drafted that high and made a starter that I've ever seen
    first and foremost his shooting motion is just awful, like fundamentally broken, he can literally only shoot from one direction(force him in the wrong direction and he's a complete non factor scoring wise because of how he brings the ball across his body)
    then there's the results, he's shooting .299 from the field, .234 from 3, and an insanely low .538 FT%, he's in the hack a player range, and since he's the point guard, they can do it on almost every play without it being an off ball foul

every coach he's had that let him shoot that way should be fired, no excuse for it making it to the pro level
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-08-2017 at 06:45 PM.

A big night for "The Process" in L.A. as Joel Embiid went off for 46 points and 15 rebounds in a 115-109 win over the Lakers last night. Oh, yeah, Ben Simmons (18 points, 10 assists) was one rebound shy of a triple-double as well. And what of the lakers' Lonzo Ball? A rather forgettable night, 2 points on 1-9 shooting, 5 rebounds and 2 assists while spending the fourth quarter on the bench.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

The 76ers are scary. It’s like having Hakeem and Magic on the same team.

One month in, time for my 2nd prediction for NBA League MVP 2018, in alphabetical order:

A. Embiid, Joel
    B. Harden, James
    C. Irving, Kyrie
    D. James, LeBron
    E. Porzingis, Kristaps

Giannis Antetokounmpo would be just outside the top 5 right now.

LeBron might, just might, win his 5th League MVP award if this level of play and winning keeps up or just doesn't fall totally off. Regular season is already 1/4 over, and it'd be a 3-way tie between LeBron, Kyrie Irving, and James Harden.