Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

ESPN's twitter omg

https://twitter.com/espn/status/993688974412668928

they really went there lmao
    The J-man

EDIT- nvm I guess we are still in Infinity War spoiler tag mode. If you haven't seen the movie don't click on the link I posted above
    The J-man

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    76ers show some pride and at least say we won't be swept

Raptors... not so much
    Yeah, unlike Toronto which choked yet again, the Sixers live to play another day. I'm more than fine with that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Found this on Twitter:

I'd say that sums up how Lebron dismantled the Raptors. Then there's the raw numbers:

Would you guys say Lebron is greater than Kobe ever was at this point?
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I've said that for a while, specifically I think he definitively passed him back in Miami after the 7 game Spurs series
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-08-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    He's more efficient and definitely easier/more enjoyable to play with. He's bigger stronger and I'd argue a better finisher at the rim. Makes smart basketball plays.

I'd still argue Kobe is a better shooter and scorer. 3 seasons averaging over 30+ points. He was ridiculous from 2005 to 2007. 81 points is 81 points. There is still an argument to be made for Kobe being better especially at his peak. Still most nowadays put LeBron over Kobe.

But Lebron's taken better care of his body, he's more efficient. Unselfish makes smart plays. Analytics paint a pretty clear picture that Lebron is the better player and more efficient.
    The J-man

Kobe shot more jump shots, but was he really a better shooter? I don't feel like looking up the mid ranged stats but at least from 3 point land Lebron's worst season 3pt% is better than Kobe's worst, and his best season is better than Kobe's best. Kobe only shot over .360 from 3 twice and never over .400, Lebron has so far done it 5 times once over .400. Lebron's career average is .344 while Kobe's is .329 with both averaging 4.1 3s a game for their careers. Kobe is a better FT shooter(84% to 74%) but Lebron averages more FTs per game since he drives more(FT shooting is also not really the best way to gauge how good a shooter someone is)

as for scoring in general, going to disagree there, yes Kobe had the best single game since Wilt(he also had a fair few stinker games where he was accused of various things like pouting or sending messages to management), but Lebron has a higher scoring average for his career(27.2ppg to 25) and is on pace to break Kobe's point total in less games played. Yes Kobe had 3 30+ppg seasons, most people don't know Lebron was 0.3 PPG short of doing it a third time himself back in 2009-10, Kobe also had 8 seasons where he had less than 25ppg, Lebron has had one. And this is because of Lebron's efficiency. His career FG% actually rose above .500 this year to .504, which is just insane for a non Center, which is why he scores on a pace faster than Kobe despite the two taking almost identical number of shots per game(Kobe averaged 19.5 while Lebron averages 19.6)

basically it seems to me Kobe had the better outlier games, but looking at the whole career Lebron has been so much more efficient and consistent a scorer, he just set the NBA record this year for most consecutive games with 10+ points(873 and counting) which Kobe isn't even in the top 5 for and he owns the record for consecutive seasons above 25ppg, which he just extended another season this year to 14, he also passed Kobe this year on the list of most 25+ point games in his career(Lebron is currently 4th, and only 89 games behind Kareem for the NBA record)

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

SNL decided to tell us about Lebron's team mates.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Kobe shot more jump shots, but was he really a better shooter? I don't feel like looking up the mid ranged stats but at least from 3 point land Lebron's worst season 3pt% is better than Kobe's worst, and his best season is better than Kobe's best. Kobe only shot over .360 from 3 twice and never over .400, Lebron has so far done it 5 times once over .400. Lebron's career average is .344 while Kobe's is .329 with both averaging 4.1 3s a game for their careers. Kobe is a better FT shooter(84% to 74%) but Lebron averages more FTs per game since he drives more(FT shooting is also not really the best way to gauge how good a shooter someone is)

as for scoring in general, going to disagree there, yes Kobe had the best single game since Wilt(he also had a fair few stinker games where he was accused of various things like pouting or sending messages to management), but Lebron has a higher scoring average for his career(27.2ppg to 25) and is on pace to break Kobe's point total in less games played. Yes Kobe had 3 30+ppg seasons, most people don't know Lebron was 0.3 PPG short of doing it a third time himself back in 2009-10, Kobe also had 8 seasons where he had less than 25ppg, Lebron has had one. And this is because of Lebron's efficiency. His career FG% actually rose above .500 this year to .504, which is just insane for a non Center, which is why he scores on a pace faster than Kobe despite the two taking almost identical number of shots per game(Kobe averaged 19.5 while Lebron averages 19.6)

basically it seems to me Kobe had the better outlier games, but looking at the whole career Lebron has been so much more efficient and consistent a scorer, he just set the NBA record this year for most consecutive games with 10+ points(873 and counting) which Kobe isn't even in the top 5 for and he owns the record for consecutive seasons above 25ppg, which he just extended another season this year to 14, he also passed Kobe this year on the list of most 25+ point games in his career(Lebron is currently 4th, and only 89 games behind Kareem for the NBA record)
    Kobe had Shaq during their run that took away from his touches, but ultimately I don't think it matters Kobe's game speaks for itself and I think when people rely on analytics it leaves out circumstances and stylistic differences between the two.

I don't know about y'all but 36% 3pt shooting on the types of shots Kobe takes and makes is ridiculous. I mean Deandre Jordan shoots a super high FG%, but it's the way he gets those points that matter. Kobe takes shots not even Jordan would take. Fade aways 3 people on him. You can interpret the stats one way, but go back and check out the games. Kobe's taking high difficulty shots. Lebron's never gonna put up 80 points or 70 points in a game. Kobe's had back to back 40s and 50 point games. During his MVP season scoring 30 was an off night for him.

Lebron is more efficient because he generally takes better shots, and after his humiliation by the Mavericks he worked his butt off to become one of the most complete basketball players we've ever seen. Outside of Michael Jordan (and I guess you could argue Wilt Chamberlin but its a little different) no one is a better complete scorer than Kobe. You might find people with better elements such as dunking, finishing at the rim shooting, but altogether.

I don't even get the outlier argument the man's done it multiple times in multiple seasons. Lebron generally just takes better more efficient shots. His jump shot wasn't worth anything till 2009 or 2010. If you go by statistics its probably doesn't look good till 2011 or 2012. Kobe was just like damn it I'm gonna shoot it. And after his first two seasons he

Lebron is so athletically gifted and so good at basketball that he can score within the flow of the game, and by the end of it, he’s dropped 28 on 10/14 shooting just when you’re thinking that he had a quiet game!

On the other hand, Kobe can score against the flow of the game… which is the definition of a great scorer !
    Have you ever seen Lebron:
    - Make three long jumpers in a row?
    - Take a garbage low-efficiency wild shot at the end of the shot clock on a bad possession? (This has routinely lowered the FG% of most of the best scorers)
    - Make a well-defended jumper in the clutch?

Yes, of course it has happened! But Kobe did it practically every game…
    Lebron shoots at a solid clip at this pointt in his career but he doesn't have season long regularity of an elite shooter. And most players don't.

Lebron’s style on the court is: what's the best basketball play?

can I pass the ball for a good percentage shot? if no, can I go to the rim? if no, can I drive and create an opening for my teammate? if no, I’ll take the shot if it’s not too contested. Kobe’s style is: give me the ball, i’ll shoot it.

I’d say DWade and Kyrie are also better scorers than Lebron (when healthy), even if their scoring average during their time together seem to indicate otherwise. Lebron's health and longevity combined with his skill and basketball acumen will ultimately put him over everyone else. Maybe even Jordan if he gets more rings.

All that being said since 2012 I've felt Lebron is a very complete NBA player and hypothetically speaking if he changed his approach to basketball and stopped being that dynamic facilitator there is a chance he could become a better scorer than Kobe. But I got to see it, I'm only going off of what these guys put on the court not hypotheticals.
    The J-man

Last week, Dwane Casey was named NBA Coach of the Year, yesterday, he was fired by the Raptors after seven years at the helm. Despite winning a franchise record 59 games and finishing the top team in the Eastern Conference, losing to Cleveland in the postseason for a third straight year proved too much for Toronto's front office to stomach, so they gave Casey his walking papers. As for Coach of the Year, I thought Boston's Brad Stevens was far more deserving as the Celtics won 55 games without prized free agent Gordon Hayward who was lost on opening night followed by Kyrie Irving near the end of the season and still made it to the East Finals.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    He's more efficient and definitely easier/more enjoyable to play with. He's bigger stronger and I'd argue a better finisher at the rim. Makes smart basketball plays.

I'd still argue Kobe is a better shooter and scorer. 3 seasons averaging over 30+ points. He was ridiculous from 2005 to 2007. 81 points is 81 points. There is still an argument to be made for Kobe being better especially at his peak. Still most nowadays put LeBron over Kobe.

But Lebron's taken better care of his body, he's more efficient. Unselfish makes smart plays. Analytics paint a pretty clear picture that Lebron is the better player and more efficient.
    Does CLE scream led by an unselfish player to you?

They had one good series in this playoofs and it looked like a miserable mess all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    Does CLE scream led by an unselfish player to you?

They had one good series in this playoofs and it looked like a miserable mess all year.
    Are you saying Lebron is a selfish player?

Who cares about the regular season. The regular season is for gelling and experimenting with line up changes and strategies. You want your players to stay healthy and get into the playoffs. I don't believe home court is super important for good teams..

Cleveland had a ton of injuries and many roster changes, but they have Lebron James and baring injuries that will get Cleveland to the Finals where they will get swept by Golden State
    The J-man

Let's be honest, without Lebron, Cleveland as constantly constructed, is a lottery team. He's put that team on his back and carried them to the East Finals, whether or not that'll be good enough to get them past Boston, I have no idea.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Are you saying Lebron is a selfish player?

Who cares about the regular season. The regular season is for gelling and experimenting with line up changes and strategies. You want your players to stay healthy and get into the playoffs. I don't believe home court is super important for good teams..

Cleveland had a ton of injuries and many roster changes, but they have Lebron James and baring injuries that will get Cleveland to the Finals where they will get swept by Golden State
    In other teams no key player spoke out about their coach being bad. The regular season builds winning habits and develops players so you can plug in someone else if a starter goes down.

Being taken to 7 by Indian is far from impressive considering this is the East.

He is slefish off the court, very hard to deal with with his giant douchy ego. On the court he does cherrypick rebounds ala Westbrook. Yeah, he is selfish. I would not point to him as a role model bball player.