Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Which Lebron has never done, either point out the actual quotes or stop making stuff up.
    No but IT did it which is very rare. Irving also said something similar.

No team has ever swapped out 6 players midseason including two of it's starters and not had issues, a new team is supposed to have training camp, practices, and even mock games before ever seeing live minutes, the Cavs had to do it on the fly with their second best player missing almost the entire second half of the season with a broken hand
    And the Cavs still won 50 games

If Leron is GM ad hoc stuff like that happens.

Or it could just say positive things about Indiana, or maybe the matchup was just bad, or maybe Lebron played fine the entire series and as soon as his supporting cast, many of whom has never been to the playoffs, got over injury(George Hill and Kevin Love) or under performing(Korver and Smith) they were fine. I notice you don't seem to have anything to say about them sweeping the best record team in the East immediately after that

Let's see how they handle Boston first before crownning them as East superkillers.

He voluntarily played under far less than a max contract while being unarguably the best player in the league for four years, no one ever says anything negative about him off the court. There seems to be a lot of self projection going on here.

Players rarely talk about other playhers. reasonably high profile ESPN podcast people describe him as petty jerk plenty of times. Take my word for it i did not put the links intyo a TXT. Also:

Cherry picking rebounds is one of the more ridiculous statements I see get bandied about by people who don't have a clue on how the game is played. Lebron is normally the second tallest player on his team regardless of which position he plays, if he's around the rim, it's his job to rebound, if the team goes small, even moreso

Hell I take issue with the Westbrook stuff as well, his team specifically schemes around him getting rebounds which is why you'll see there bigs box out and allow him to get it, because that leads to fast breaks and transition offense, same when Lebron get's the rebound, when you're the fastest player on the court and primary ball handler anyway, you getting the ball without having to wait on the Center passing it to you means the other team has to run back to avoid being caught out of position, and it often happens anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc8NNG7tQSM

If you ever played basketball, you know you get back you don't try to steal the ball under the other teams bassket after they rebounded. Very rarely you gamble and you get it but that is like one in a 1000. It's perfectly fine for your C to get it and pass it. It can be done quuickly and efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    No but IT did it which is very rare. Irving also said something similar.

If Leron is GM ad hoc stuff like that happens.
    You seem to be mistaking memes for reality, Lebron is not GM, he's never been GM, Koby Altman is the Cav's GM. It's well known that Lebron was rather unhappy with him and the Cavs over the moves they made or failed to make this last offseason.

Let's see how they handle Boston first before crownning them as East superkillers.
    Never said they were, this is the weakest team he's played on since he left for Miami, he just put up a 40 point triple double and they still lost

Players rarely talk about other playhers. reasonably high profile ESPN podcast people describe him as petty jerk plenty of times. Take my word for it i did not put the links intyo a TXT. Also:

You don't get to make the mistakes Blatt made on a team that's contending for championships and complain when you get fired. The guy tried to call a timeout he didn't have during a playoff game and then made his best player the inbounder on the final play of a one possession game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc8NNG7tQSM

If you ever played basketball, you know you get back you don't try to steal the ball under the other teams bassket after they rebounded. Very rarely you gamble and you get it but that is like one in a 1000. It's perfectly fine for your C to get it and pass it. It can be done quuickly and efficiently.
    Apparently NBA head coaches and players disagree. And frankly that video is some of the most tedious nit picking in regards to Basketball I've ever watched

I can't watch a hole series of Harden dribbling the ball 600 times a game
    The J-man

okay I have to take it back. Houstons actually played good basketball for 3 quarters this game. Will see if they continue
    The J-man

CP3 is probably the most overlooked superstar in the league at this point but he is absolutely outplaying Steph Curry tonight on both ends

Durant is the only guy on Golden State keeping the lead somewhat reachable
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-16-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    You seem to be mistaking memes for reality, Lebron is not GM, he's never been GM, Koby Altman is the Cav's GM. It's well known that Lebron was rather unhappy with him and the Cavs over the moves they made or failed to make this last offseason.

Never said they were, this is the weakest team he's played on since he left for Miami, he just put up a 40 point triple double and they still lost

You don't get to make the mistakes Blatt made on a team that's contending for championships and complain when you get fired. The guy tried to call a timeout he didn't have during a playoff game and then made his best player the inbounder on the final play of a one possession game

Apparently NBA head coaches and players disagree. And frankly that video is some of the most tedious nit picking in regards to Basketball I've ever watched
    Yes he is almost the GM.

He got away with and it would suck to win over a technicality like that...

Is it a rule that the best player who will be the most guarded hast to ake the last shot?

It's not like NBA head coaches and plyers constantly comment on everything. They have games to play and teams to run.
    Last edited by Red Robe Jaldari; 05-20-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    Yes he is almost the GM.
    No he isn't, you can keep repeating the memes all you want that doesn't make them true, they didn't ask him where he wanted to trade Kyrie or for who(Lebron was against trading him at all), they didn't ask him if he wanted to make the midseason trades, they told him the trades they were going to make(they shipped away his damn best friend for Christ sake). This is all well documented, feel free to bring up ANYTHING else that's actually been said or written that proves the contrary

He got away with and it would suck to win over a technicality like that...
    He got away with it because Ty Lue noticed it before the ref did and yanked him back, you'll notice that Lue is the head coach now. And the only person it would suck for would be Blatt, ask Chris Webber how that particular blunder feels as it follows you throughout your career

Is it a rule that the best player who will be the most guarded hast take the last shot?
    No but it's generally considered good scheming to have the ball in the hands of your best player, it's also good coaching to make sure he's either open or in single coverage, never mind that Lebron's one of the best passers of his size in NBA history with court vision on Magic Johnson's level, double him at you're own peril
    Oh yeah, he hit the game winning shot, so seems there was something to it after all (Blatt even admitted Lebron was right in the post game)

It's not like NBA head coaches and plyers constantly comment on everything. They have games to play and teams to run.
    And yet you seem certain on a remarkable number of things that they've never said or run counter to things that have been said, perhaps you can spread your gift of telepathy
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-20-2018 at 10:54 AM.

The way I see it, as of right now:

If the Cavaliers lose this series to the Celtics, then LeBron is 99% certain to be in another jersey next season.

If the Cavaliers beat the Celtics in this series, make the Finals, but lose to the Warriors/Rockets, it becomes a 50/50 coin flip if he stays or goes, depending on how well they performed (6-7 game series loss , he probably stays; 4-5 game series loss, he probably goes).

If the Cavaliers beat the Celtics in this series, make the Finals, AND somehow beat the Western Conference Champs, then LeBron is 99% certain to re-up with the Cavaliers for the next 2 years or so.

I don't even think the results of this season matter, it's what the Cav's plans are for the off season, and that's if Lebron isn't collaborating with other star FAs behind the scenes again like he was back in 2010 and already has destinations picked

looks like the WCFs are just going to be Rockets and Dubs trading blowouts until one team wins two in a row

Edit: Lebron passed Kareem Abdul Jabbar tonight on most FGs made in the playoffs, he also tied Allen Iverson for 40 point games in a single playoff at 6, record is 8
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-22-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Golden State wins the finals again
    The J-man

would you pay someone $200 mil if you knew they'd never win you a chip?
    The J-man

Finally a close game, Rocket's take home court advantage back

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    would you pay someone $200 mil if you knew they'd never win you a chip?
    Just like with the NFL and QBs, it's the going rate for a players of that caliber

someone must have heard me talking smack. I've counted Houston out twice already, and they've won.

I still say GSW win........but dang Houston extending this thing
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    someone must have heard me talking smack. I've counted Houston out twice already, and they've won.

I still say GSW win........but dang Houston extending this thing
    I'm pretty ticked that we lost a close one at home. Still think we move on. This team has been in worse spots. I hope Andre cane come back to the death squad. Looney and Bell ain't cuttin it.