Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Russia Wants Bulgarians to Stop Painting Soviet Monuments To Look Like Superhero

Last edited by Kirby101; 10-17-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Obviously Putin's upset at the lack of Superman's red shorts. I don't blame him. Using Cap's also a bit of a dig as well.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Why wouldn't Russia not like this? It's very flattering.

Dunno, man, Ronald McDonald looks a little out of place.

Baron Bomburst can't be too happy about this.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-18-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Why wouldn't Russia not like this? It's very flattering.
    It is quality work, I will give it that.

Santa is looking serious.

imo
    Looks dope but this is disrespect to WW2 victims and veterans. the monument should be a monument.
    also I think comics in Russia are not as popular as in America
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Looks like I have a new Facebook profile picture! Thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    imo
    Looks dope but this is disrespect to WW2 victims and veterans. the monument should be a monument.
    also I think comics in Russia are not as popular as in America
    I'm willing to bet that the vandals think that Soviet monuments in not-Soviet nations is disrespectful to them.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm willing to bet that the vandals think that Soviet monuments in not-Soviet nations is disrespectful to them.
    Exactly.

One needs to remember that when Germany invaded Poland from the West (which was the start of WWII), the Soviets attacked Poland from the East. They met in the middle and literally shaked hands with each other and proceeded to split Poland between them. Once WWII finished, many Eastern European countries "exchanged" their German oppressors with Soviet oppressors. Whereas Western Europe celebrated the end of the War, the celebrations in many countries such as Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania and others were short lived. They went from one hell to another, but the second hell lasted longer.

Remember that many of those eastern countries where actually aligned with the axis during the war. (as Bulgaria was) So yeah, not exactly in the "friend" category from a Russian perspective.

It's all too easy to look at history from one single little point of view.

WW2 monuments mean something deep and sacred to many countries (Ukraine, Kazakhstan, etc.) not just Russia. "Decorate " a monument for "entertainment" is feels as a slap in the face.

"Soviet oppressors"?
    Soviet people risked their lives. They liberated the USSR, Europe from the fascists. Life in the USSR wasnt a paradise, but it not hell either. At least better than the Nazi regime. America, Russia, other countries are rewriting history. I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle.
    Rant
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Fantastic Member

WW2 monuments mean something deep and sacred to many countries (Ukraine, Kazakhstan, etc.) not just Russia. "Decorate " a monument for "entertainment" is feels as a slap in the face.

"Soviet oppressors"?
    Soviet people risked their lives. They liberated the USSR, Europe from the fascists. Life in the USSR wasnt a paradise, but it not hell either. At least better than the Nazi regime. America, Russia, other countries are rewriting history. I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloto...ibbentrop_Pact

Again unpopular opinion
    The Soviet Union did not attack treacherously Poland, but introduced its troops to protect Western Ukraine and Western Byelorussia from the occupation by their German troops only on September 17, 1939 after the STATE of Poland ceased to exist: on September 16, the government and the High Command RUNED from the country , abandoning to the mercy of fate and the people, and the remnants of a broken army. I understand that the anti-Soviet people, of course, wanted the Germans to occupy the whole of Poland, as well as the Baltic region, but I do not understand why now, accusing the Soviet Union and Stalin of seizing "Polish lands," do not require their return to Poland from Ukraine and Belarus ? Yes, and from Poland for some reason I do not hear such demands. And that is interesting still. For some reason neither England nor France, declaring war on Germany because of the attack on Poland, not only did not declare war on the Soviet Union, but did not even declare it an aggressor, was not expelled from the League of Nations, although because of the Soviet-Finnish war the USSR was excluded from the League of Nations and even the British, in my opinion, were going to attack the Soviet Transcaucasia.
    Rant
    Logically..
    End of rant

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Again unpopular opinion
    The Soviet Union did not attack treacherously Poland, but introduced its troops to protect Western Ukraine and Western Byelorussia from the occupation by their German troops only on September 17, 1939 after the STATE of Poland ceased to exist: on September 16, the government and the High Command RUNED from the country , abandoning to the mercy of fate and the people, and the remnants of a broken army. I understand that the anti-Soviet people, of course, wanted the Germans to occupy the whole of Poland, as well as the Baltic region, but I do not understand why now, accusing the Soviet Union and Stalin of seizing "Polish lands," do not require their return to Poland from Ukraine and Belarus ? Yes, and from Poland for some reason I do not hear such demands. And that is interesting still. For some reason neither England nor France, declaring war on Germany because of the attack on Poland, not only did not declare war on the Soviet Union, but did not even declare it an aggressor, was not expelled from the League of Nations, although because of the Soviet-Finnish war the USSR was excluded from the League of Nations and even the British, in my opinion, were going to attack the Soviet Transcaucasia.
    This isn't an unpopular opinion, but fact. Germany and the Soviet Union attacked Poland as per their agreement previously. Let's not play with words i.e. "treacherously". They attacked Poland straight out and murderously killed and deported thousands of Poles to Siberian work camps. My wife's grandmother said that during the war if you only had a choice to escape between going West and East, the Poles came to understand that only the West was an option as there was a slight chance the Germans would spare your life whereas the Soviets would murder you outright. Very sad but true.

I agree that the Russian people have suffered much but moreso at their hands of their own despotic rulers. The Russian powers that be are the masters of propaganda.