All-New Member

Default Anyone care to recommend some Iron Fist comics?

I posted this in the "Collected Editions" section as well since I'm not exactly sure where this should go.

There's actually a Marvel recommendation thread stickied at the top of the first page, however ironically newbies to the forum are the ones who don't know it's there. Happens all the time.

Anyway:

Immortal Iron Fist the Complete Collection volume 1, by Brubaker, Fraction, and Aja
    It's the best regarded run, and is modern. I don't think you need much in the way of background to read this, and it kind of redefines Iron Fist for the modern era. The David Aja art is very classy.

Iron Fist Epic Collection by Claremont, Byrne, and Hamma
    Older stuff from the 70's, but the Claremont/Byrne run which is included here is still very solid (I'm a fan). This has most of IF's early appearances - his origin, his revenge quest against Meachum, his attempts to adapt to New York and become a super-hero. It also has the first appearances of Coleen Wing, Davos (aka the Steel Serpent) and Sabretooth (who later went on to become Wolverine's nemesis). The art is a little patchy, though Gil Kane's work on the first issue is still beautiful imo, and John Byrne's art (which is the greater part of the book) always knows how to tell a story clearly and efficiently.

Hope that helps.

i would only recommend the Immortal Iron Fist run
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Immortal Iron Fist is an "easy chew" that assumes you know nothing about the character, gives him a legacy gimmick, and is an entirely self contained story designed for trade. It largely features some very excellent art from David Aja, who can probably carry any story they put him on single-handedly. As a bonus, the Orson Randall spin off stories have a cool pulp gimmick.

Swierczynski's follow up for the same volume was pretty neat and explores Danny's place in the world. Kaare Andrews' 11 issue run is completely collect and quite excellent for an Iron Fist story of a different tone. Promising writer with dynamite art. He should actually be returning to the character soon.

And jump onto the latest comic which just started like a week ago.