Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Outsiders

Default New Outsiders

After posting about the hints given on the Superman forum about the return of Kon-El, I suggest than he could return as a member of the Outsiders, which is the subtitle of the upcoming Young Justice S3. In that way, a new iteration of the team would make an appearance, including Kon as a member mirroring the animated series.

But after a seconds, I just discovered than most of the more previous members of the original outsiders are unavaible for several reasons:
    Metamorpho is in the Terrifics, Katana in the Suicide Squad, Nightwing and Arsenal with the Titans, rebuilding ties, Eradicator and Indigo turned to villany, Jade, in uncertain status until the return official of the JSA; Black Lighting rejuvenated and going sol, meanwhile his daughter Thunder was deleted by the New52. Other members as Halo, Geo-Force, Looker, are possibilities but they have not made a post Rebirth debut, beyond the Forge, so their status is unclear, same as the rest. Also, don't forget Batman who can be in any book or team, but that is other problem.

So why not give a new team the chance? How would you rebuilt the team? Would go back or would you be inspired by YJ3? Or would you build a new team from the scratch with Batman as the backer of the team? Or Nightwing?
    I like the idea of a team as the described by the show,as an undercover superpowered team, like the superpower version of the Birds of Prey, under Batman tutelage, with a mix of characters than include Kon-El, Miss Martian, Looker, Halo and Faust.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

I'd definitely appreciate a team that consists of characters that have been MIA for a while, and doesn't poach too much from other books. Like, Cass Cain seems a good choice, but Detective is already a team book. And so forth.

I'd like at least one classic Outsider on the list, though, whether that be Geo-Force, Halo or Looker.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

I thought that one Outsiders book featuring Roy Harper and Dick Grayson leading the team was pretty cool. I think if they took Roy and put him in a leadership role with someone else it would be good for him

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Like, Cass Cain seems a good choice, but Detective is already a team book. And so forth.
    Cass bloody deserves to lead the Outsiders after how she got screwed out of the roll last time around. So long as she was still appearing in the Batbooks as well, I'd love to see this.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm only familiar with the original line up so I would like to see them come back since they aren't being used or won't be used at all besides Katana. If they change the lineup at least put the old members on a different team. Replacing them with characters that are already on a team would suck.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 10-18-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Since the original Outsiders appeared in the Dark Days: the Forge I imagine they will return soon.

Incredible Member

I like the idea of a new Outsiders, for me I'd have a mix of old and new. If we take the idea of Kon joining an Outsiders (which could be interesting but I'm not completely sold on the idea) then I'd want to have Looker, Katana (who I actually feel is a bit wasted in SUICIDE SQUAD), Cass Cain and Conner Hawke (I just want him back!). I'd also like to find a way to bring back Grace and Thunder.

Cheers.

James.

It's funny because I was going to post a thread about a new Outsiders Team since none of the originals and well-known members are unavailable, I was thinking that for the Teen Titans, Damian needs his own generation, so what I would do is that the TT would consist of him, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Red Arrow, Wonder Woman's half-sister (the one that can manipulate sand or something) and Superboy (if he joins, mostly an ally) while Starfire, Beast Boy and Raven can form into a new Outsiders team with an addition of two more members (maybe Looker and Halo).
    Last edited by Incognito; 10-18-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

Oh crap it did just occur to me that there's a Morrison/Incorporated precedent for Tim Drake leading the Outsiders. In Incorporated, very briefly, Tim assumed command of them. The team at the time was the weird, terrible Dan DiDio version. But if they were to merge the "New Outsiders" with the Young Justice classics, we could have an awesome book for characters who definitely aren't getting used right now. Tim, Cassie Sandsmark, Conner, Bart, would probably be the sellers, the lynchpin.

Throw in an Artemis Crock perhaps, and then some of the classic Outsiders that are a little more youthful - Halo would be the obvious choice, but Geo-Force is a pretty young man as well. Boom, there's a solid line-up of seven with interesting backgrounds. I mean it's not the most ethnically diverse line-up of characters. Like, when Bart Allen is your most diverse cast-member because he's from the Future, that's not maybe a good cross-section. But I mean, if they Young Justice TV Artemis to be half-Vietnamese like Cheshire, they'd cover a little ground.

Miss Martian for the final/secret/ace-in-the-hole member, for sure.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Amending my proposed JL lineup from other thread to create a more Outsiders-y team:

Nightwing
    Mera
    Black Lightning
    GL Jessica Cruz
    Mr. Miracle
    Lilith Clay
    Deadman
    Element Woman
    Forager

Well if the new 52 erased Thunder no one told Tony Isabella, as from what I understand he will be reintroducing Thunder and Lightning (just not as Jefferson's kids).

So if a new Outsiders books happens, they still have Thunder once she's reintroduced.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Okay, since people are pitching teams, and this is something I always enjoy:

Cassandra Cain
    Slobo
    Argent
    GA Connor Hawke
    Hot Spot
    Empress
    Risk
    Lady Blackhawk

Brilliant dynamics between some of them are proven, others have a lot of potential, and it has a very "Outsiders" feel to me.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Picking a team made up of characters not currently on any other teams:

Batwoman
    Geo-Force
    Black Lightning
    Halo
    Looker
    Hessia(from Wonder Woman's supporting cast)
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Picking a team made up of characters not currently on any other teams:

Batwoman
    So are you just unaware of what Gotham's status quo has been since Rebirth oooooooooor?

Katana is just wallpaper in Suicide Squad. I'd much rather see her lead a new Outsiders than be stuck there as generic mute ninja.
    I also thing Black Lightning should be involved in a relaunch and some version of Metamorpho. If he's not around, Element Woman might bring a new dynamic.

I'd also want a brick like Grace or Onyx and I'd add Bronze Tiger because he seems like a good fit.

My team would be something like this:

Katana (leader)
    Black Lightning
    Metamorpho/Element Woman
    Onyx
    Bronze Tiger
    Halo

They'd be a covert unit working independently from any organizations or governments.