Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Outsiders

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Well if the new 52 erased Thunder no one told Tony Isabella, as from what I understand he will be reintroducing Thunder and Lightning (just not as Jefferson's kids).

So if a new Outsiders books happens, they still have Thunder once she's reintroduced.
    Yes, like younger cousins: http://blacknerdproblems.com/tony-is...ack-lightning/
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    It's funny because I was going to post a thread about a new Outsiders Team since none of the originals and well-known members are unavailable, I was thinking that for the Teen Titans, Damian needs his own generation, so what I would do is that the TT would consist of him, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Red Arrow, Wonder Woman's half-sister (the one that can manipulate sand or something) and Superboy (if he joins, mostly an ally) while Starfire, Beast Boy and Raven can form into a new Outsiders team with an addition of two more members (maybe Looker and Halo).
    Great minds think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Oh crap it did just occur to me that there's a Morrison/Incorporated precedent for Tim Drake leading the Outsiders. In Incorporated, very briefly, Tim assumed command of them. The team at the time was the weird, terrible Dan DiDio version. But if they were to merge the "New Outsiders" with the Young Justice classics, we could have an awesome book for characters who definitely aren't getting used right now. Tim, Cassie Sandsmark, Conner, Bart, would probably be the sellers, the lynchpin.
    An Outsiders team lead by Tim Drake? that could be interesting.

Throw in an Artemis Crock perhaps, and then some of the classic Outsiders that are a little more youthful - Halo would be the obvious choice, but Geo-Force is a pretty young man as well. Boom, there's a solid line-up of seven with interesting backgrounds. I mean it's not the most ethnically diverse line-up of characters. Like, when Bart Allen is your most diverse cast-member because he's from the Future, that's not maybe a good cross-section. But I mean, if they Young Justice TV Artemis to be half-Vietnamese like Cheshire, they'd cover a little ground.

Miss Martian for the final/secret/ace-in-the-hole member, for sure.
    You could make Halo take on a new body. She is basically a being of light residing inside a human body.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I like the idea of a new Outsiders, for me I'd have a mix of old and new. If we take the idea of Kon joining an Outsiders (which could be interesting but I'm not completely sold on the idea)
    Let's see how it developts in Young Justice.

then I'd want to have Looker, Katana (who I actually feel is a bit wasted in SUICIDE SQUAD), Cass Cain and Conner Hawke (I just want him back!). I'd also like to find a way to bring back Grace and Thunder.
    Cheers.
    James.
    There is already a way. there are so many characters than deserve to return...
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So are you just unaware of what Gotham's status quo has been since Rebirth oooooooooor?

Apparently so. What's the scoop?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Apparently so. What's the scoop?
    She's been leading a Batfamily team in Detective Comics, the starting roster having Cass, Steph, Tim and Clayface, with JPV and Luke having since taken Tim and Steph's spots, the roster remaining stable since January.

Of course, with Tim returning and Steph likely not too far behind, I'm really hoping that she'll just go away. She has a solo; her fans wouldn't exactly be getting screwed over.

Honestly, The Outsiders should have been the team Batman put together instead of the PC squad of Justice League of America (seriously, I like many of the team members, such as Vixen and Atom - both of them -, for exemple, but see no other reason for that team to exist other than PC propaganda, and there is even a story to be told with a PC propaganda team, however, I don't see Batman as being the guy behind such team). Batman and the Outsiders – Post Rebirth: Not quite Justice League level of power, yet, far more than simple vigilantes, the Outsiders are the ones Batman calls upon when dealing with meta-human threats and when he does not wish to involve the League. No rigid team structure, no headquarters, no training together. The Outsiders are mostly unknown meta-humans that come together when Batman requires them.

Batman – Whenever he needs more muscle, but doesn’t want to involve the League, Batman resorts to his handpicked Outsiders team.
    Black Lightning – Field team leader in Batman’s absence. Decathlon Olympic medalist Jefferson Pierce wields the power of the lightning when combating crime and is a high-school teacher by day.
    Halo – Teenager Gabriele Doe has no memory of who she is nor of where the incredible powers that her multicolored auras give her came from. With nothing else to do, and nowhere else to go, Gaby sticks with the Outsiders and studies in the same school where Jefferson Pierce teaches.
    Looker – When she was attacked by a vampire, Lia Briggs’s incredible psionic powers were awakened preventing her from being transformed into a full-fledged undead vampire. She is still super-strong and hard to damage, especially at night, and her mental powers allow her to survive under the sun. The club she owns, “The Looker’s Point”, becomes the unofficial meeting place for the team and Lia is made the official guardian of Halo by the Batman.
    Faust – The son of criminal sorcerer Felix Faust, and no slouch on the sorcery department himself, Sebastian Faust becomes the team’s expert in the occult. He works as a bartender at The Looker’s Point.
    Rac Shade, the Changing Man – The cop from Meta, stuck on Earth hunting criminals from his home-dimension. Coming from a highly developed technological society, Shade is the tech expert of the team, and the force-field generation and gravity manipulating abilities his advanced vest gives him make him one of the team’s heaviest-hitters.

Peace

She's been leading a Batfamily team in Detective Comics, the starting roster having Cass, Steph, Tim and Clayface, with JPV and Luke having since taken Tim and Steph's spots, the roster remaining stable since January.

Of course, with Tim returning and Steph likely not too far behind, I'm really hoping that she'll just go away. She has a solo; her fans wouldn't exactly be getting screwed over.

Batman is currently on 2 Justice League teams. Why couldn't Batwoman be on more than one team?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Batman is currently on 2 Justice League teams. Why couldn't Batwoman be on more than one team?
    Did she was in another team before? The unknowns?

I thought that's what the Justice League of America was.

BANNED

First, I never said she couldnt, just that you were mistaken on her not currently being on any teams.

And personally, I really wouldn't want that. As fans, we all have our biases (Except for maybe Frontier) and I do not care for Kate at all. I don't wish limbo or death on her, because that has happened / is still a thing for most of my favorites, but I also don't want much of her. She is a character who currently has a leading role in a team book, a solo book, and a role in Bombshells, while also receiving a strong general push throughout Rebirth. With all the characters, both within the Batverse and DCU at large, who only have a fraction or NONE of what she has, she's definitely not a character that needs ANOTHER book
    Last edited by Assam; 10-19-2017 at 11:39 AM.

BANNED

Picking a team made up of characters not currently on any other teams:

Batwoman
    Geo-Force
    Black Lightning
    Halo
    Looker
    Hessia(from Wonder Woman's supporting cast)
    I like this lineup

What is the age range usually like for Outsiders, are these usually young heroes or older heroes, a combo of both, never read the title, just know a a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Thank you for this, haven't read this interview.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    What is the age range usually like for Outsiders, are these usually young heroes or older heroes, a combo of both, never read the title, just know a a few things..
    the original line ups were mostly a mix of mature (Bats, Katana, Metamorpho, and BL) and younger heroes (Halo, Geo-Force). Later addtions also were mixed (Windfall and Faust as young, Eradicator as a old guy); The post Graduation Day Ousiders were mostly youngs (adult) heroes, until the old outsiders started to join back.
    And that is the idea of a new line up of "New" Outsiders, bring a new different membership andmission is always fun.

Thank you for this, haven't read this interview.
    You are welcome.

My Line up

Grace Choi - Same deal as last time minus the Amazon nonsense.

Koryak - The son of Aquaman and Kako. Prefers to keep it under wraps due to the reprecusions of said knowledge becoming public.

Thunder And Lightning - Jefferson Pierce's daughters.

Gavin King - Revived early on in the series.

Jean-Paul Valley - Atoner

Connor Hawke

Onyx Addams

Nyssa Ratko

Ryuku Orsono

Pantha - Rosabelle Mendez (Pantha) finds herself sharing a soul with a Jaguar Olmec god. Together the two become a were jaguar, a powerful creature in the battle against evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Honestly, The Outsiders should have been the team Batman put together instead of the PC squad of Justice League of America (seriously, I like many of the team members, such as Vixen and Atom - both of them -, for exemple, but see no other reason for that team to exist other than PC propaganda,
    Or maybe the writers genuinely thought they'd make a good team? I don't see why you can't make a diverse team without making a big deal of it in the story.

First, I never said she couldnt, just that you were mistaken on her not currently being on any teams.

And personally, I really wouldn't want that. As fans, we all have our biases (Except for maybe Frontier) and I do not care for Kate at all. I don't wish limbo or death on her, because that has happened / is still a thing for most of my favorites, but I also don't want much of her. She is a character who currently has a leading role in a team book, a solo book, and a role in Bombshells, while also receiving a strong general push throughout Rebirth. With all the characters, both within the Batverse and DCU at large, who only have a fraction or NONE of what she has, she's definitely not a character that needs ANOTHER book

Oh, my bad. I didn't realize the group of heroes she was working with in Detective Comics was an official team.

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing some fresh faces in the mix, but I hope if a new Outsiders team does form, Katana is a part of it. I enjoy her in Suicide Squad well enough, but her presence there nevertheless feels forced to me. Which makes sense, since her presence in the film also felt forced, and I'm sure that's the only reason they migrated her to the team in the comics as well.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, though; I'm glad she has a place to appear every month. I'd just prefer that place be a book titled The Outsiders.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb