Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post

But why has Damian had so few interactions with Cass? I mean I suppose it makes sense these days since she's not nearly as close to Damian's father as she used to be, and is pretty much relegated to one book, but there's a lot of parallels between the two and it seems ridiculous that they haven't been allowed to bond in any measure.
    Like with most things, blame editorial. Damian first appeared shortly after EvilCass started and by the time Damian became Robin, Cass was shunted off to limbo. We then got a taste of what their dynamic could be like in Gates of Gotham, only for Cass to be erased from existence immediately after.

EDIT: Of course, should Tynion go through with having Bruce re-adopt Cass (The Spring 'Tec storyline is going to focus on their relationship) he and the other Robins (Who Tynion already said he wanted to use and in Damian's case, we already saw art of) will possibly show up, resulting in interaction.
    Last edited by Assam; 10-19-2017 at 05:52 AM.

BANNED

I'd like to see the adventures of adult Damian in an ongoing Batman 666 book.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Like with most things, blame editorial. Damian first appeared shortly after EvilCass started and by the time Damian became Robin, Cass was shunted off to limbo. We then got a taste of what their dynamic could be like in Gates of Gotham, only for Cass to be erased from existence immediately after.

Of course, based on what I'm hearing about Damian's attitude in today's Batman, I'm sure he'll be raising a stink if Tynion goes through with having Bruce re-adopt Cass (The Spring 'Tec storyline is going to focus on their relationship) resulting in interaction.
    Maybe you should read the issue before you jump to conclusions because seems you heard wrong or maybe stop reading things through bias tinted lenses. Damian is fine with Duke a new family member and Bruce's latest sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'd like to see the adventures of adult Damian in an ongoing Batman 666 book.
    Me and you mate. Looking forward to Morrison's upcoming sequel

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    Yeah, it's long overdue. Their interactions as sort of big sister and little brother were one of the best things from her run as Batgirl.

That she wasn't around for Morrison's ending of Incorporated arc was probably one of the biggest missed opportunities caused by 52.

As for Damian and Selina's relationship, I wouldn't go as far as making her his better "mother", but I would like for them to bond over their love of cats.

What I would like to do with Damian is make him a lot more dangerous fighter than he's usually portrayed, but with one big disadvantage. He's born and trained to be a perfect assassin and if he's fighting to kill then he has a decent chance to defeat even people like Cass or Lady Shiva. As Robin he's forced to be non-lethal making him struggle even with fighters like Tim. It would explain how he was able to easily overcome him in his first appearance, but later Drake proved himself better of the two.
    Drake proved to be the better!? You mean that fight in his solo that was interrupted? Damian has defeated him on a number of occasions knocking him out in Robin War Damian even defeated him psychologically in B&R mindfucking him into revealing his inner lust for violence. It only took a few seconds.
    Drake proved himself to be the better lol it's like that Ra's called T** detective a name reserved just for Bruce claim that I just saw on T** appreciation Page.

Seriously it's like you guys think other people don't read comics. The same comics.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    THIS!
    Please DC I'm begging you please bring their dynamic back I'm waiting for it.

Then I would stop reading DC too.
    Nope nope nope.

Anyway regarding Selina and Damian, I want DC to define what kind of relationship they have with each other. I want to know what Damian thinks of Selina and otherwise. Let them interact and somewhat build a bond. After that then I will reconsider having her acting like a step mother to Damian.

For Damian's future, since becoming Batman always brings demise to the character (either becomes immortal, bored, or killed) I want him to end up in a similar status like in Beyond, but without feeling abandoned first by his father and that it's solely his decision im the first place. He leads League of Assassins for the better and having him and League of Assassin as an ally to Batman is a great idea.

Or as a second thought it will be nice if he grows out of both his heritages and becomes something new all along. I just want him have a happy potential future for once dammit.
    Fanfan didn't your parents teach you not to go near trolls they take your hand

I'd settle for some consistency with his character. He was a little demon, Dickbats mentored him, he mellowed out. Then the cycle started again with Bruce, which was a great read but annoying all the same. Now he kind of regressed in TT and you know it going to start all over again. He's super competent in Nightwing, very childish in Metal etc.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Seriously it's like you guys think other people don't read comics. The same comics.
    I don't read all the comics that are out there and these I did had Damian usually be not as good fighter as I would expect him to be. It's good that it's not always the case then.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Drake proved to be the better!? You mean that fight in his solo that was interrupted? Damian has defeated him on a number of occasions knocking him out in Robin War Damian even defeated him psychologically in B&R mindfucking him into revealing his inner lust for violence. It only took a few seconds.
    Drake proved himself to be the better lol it's like that Ra's called T** detective a name reserved just for Bruce claim that I just saw on T** appreciation Page.

And here is Tim Drake fighting [struggling to] a 10 year old.

You seem to be missing quite a few scans friend.

Hopefully Damian does get a baby sister then we can see Tim struggle against a toddler. Now that's bragging rights.

Is it any wonder that it's in the Red Robin solo that we have Tim coming close to an actual win.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-19-2017 at 10:19 AM.

I don't read all the comics that are out there and these I did had Damian usually be not as good fighter as I would expect him to be. It's good that it's not always the case then.
    Well the general breakdown beetween Tim and Damian story has been like this:
    Batman and Son: Damian attack Tim with a grenade inside of the head of a thug, Tim tries to avoid a fight and directs Damian to the top of the dinasour and tries to talk him out of the fight, but understimate Damian's petulance so he is sucker punched by all his trouble and fall from the dinasour (in Jason's case, because writters like to beat that death horse ). That's pretty damm impresive for a 10 years old kid, but you could argue that Tim showed a better tactic mind.
    Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul: Damian goes to the Wayne Manor to ask for help, Tim doesn't believe him an a fight ensues, with Tim eveventually shoking Damian in the ground with him saying "Tim you are killing me", until Alfred stop the fight. Here Tim pretty much use his own size to overpower him and Damian has little chance to respond, so could argue that he was "going soft" on him (also not Tim greatest moment when it comes to reason).
    Red Robin: Tim and Damian were chasing a criminal, until Damian cut his line because he discovered Tim's secret Hit List, Drake surprised Damian throwing him the already mentioned criminal to his face and disoriented him, use that opportunity to throw him around with ease and let him even more dissoriented and the whole thing let to Damian being stunted and with Tim going for a finish blow with his bo staff and then Dick interrupst the fight.
    Post Reboot
    Batman and Robin vol 2 #10: Damian challenges all the previous Robins to a figth and Tim is the first one that confront him, the whole thing is about Damian proving that Tim is not much better than him when it comes to have lapses on morality and use the events of "The Culling" to mess with his head (easy targets) and Tim eventually lead after the lecture and a short physical confrontation. Damian didn't to be very wear down from the whole thing, so he probably could have win that easily and this Tim recieve less training that his pre-reboot version.
    Robin War: Here Damian one shot both Jason and Tim without breaking a sweat... is pretty damm ridiculous, specially when it comes to Jason who should be able to manhandle Damian without much trouble, but it happened.

I said that boths Tim and Damian (at least Pre-Flashpoint), weren't that far from eacht other when it comes fighting prowess, with Damian probably having more knowledge in martial arts and better reflexes and Tim having an edge on size and expirience (Tim has a story of defeating enemies more expirienced that him using tactics), so is a closer that much that any of the 2 would ever like to admit (much like the fanbase of boths charachters, i already see somebody getting rilep up for this). but of course Damian would eventually grow to become the superior figthing over the rest of the Bat family (including Bruce and Dick) and would have the advantage on Drake later on, not by much because would also has grown in expirience and figthing skills by that point (assuming of course that he keeps being a vigilante up until Damian's adulthood).

General breakdown is if you find yourself trying to do a victory lap for once managing to hold your own against a child in your own title then you are pretty bad.

But it's a Damian thread so of course Timmys being trolls is par for the course

@dietrich
    I'm not being a troll, but thanks for the assumption, is just how it take their figths based on why i read of the 2, for all my money, Damian can kick Tim's arse in current continuity based in those previous figths if you want too, i just like to analise figth, hell, you coule argue that if Tim hasn't surprised Damian with that first attack in Red Robin, Tim would have lost.
    But, you are rigth in one part, this a thread about Damian, so apporting my grain here, i would be interested in seeing an AU book about his future as Batman.