Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default What would you like to see done with Damian Wayne?

I honestly think it would be cool if he developed a bond with Catwoman like she became a mother figure to him and as a result he became Red X from Teen Titans. I think this would be interesting because Talia is a terrible mother after everything she's done and Selina given her relationship with Bruce is the closest thing to a step mom Damian really has given her relationship with Bruce. I also think it would be interesting to see Selina in that kind of relationship where she's responsible for someone else's well being.

One way I can see this happening is that maybe she and him could end up in a bind and forced to work together mean while the majority of the Bat Family is out of Gotham ultimately causing them to watch each other's backs. Another reason I like this is it would create an interesting dynamic with her and Bruce it would also really add to the rivalry between Talia and Selina.

The reason I'd like to see Damian become Red X after becoming close to Selina is Red X is like a hybrid of Batman and Catwoman he's like Batman in his grim appearance but he's definitely got a flirty and funny personality of Catwoman and I think it would be fun if after being made to team up with Selina and bonding with her she started rubbing off on Damian. Besides I'd love to see Bruce react to Damian becoming a thief.

I would like for him to actually have little half-sister/brother to protect. I think it could change his dynamics a lot, while retaining the core of his character. I would also like to see him "graduate" from the Robin persona toward a more bat-themed vigilante identity (I would call it Bloodbat, because of the play with bloodbath -something Damian need to avoid to preserve himself; and the likn to his blood ties to Batman). Overall, keep the snark for him, 'cause he is great.

I don't see Damian ever becoming a thief not with his values, upbringing and aspirations. He would view it as beneath him. Damian with his huge ego is more rule the world and I'm fairly certain that he's conditioned mind you can make a case for Killing but never for stealing.

Selina and Damian is fine but I don't think Damian will ever view her as a mother figure and I don't see her wanting to be that either. Damian doesn't let people in just like that so I see them being civil but Damian being distant.

I think they will have some great banter and some great scenes but that's it.

Helena would be a great addition. Would love to see Damian have a younger sibling to care for. As a kid who never had a childhood I expect he would be very protective and he could also experience childhood himself by watching/being part of hers.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-18-2017 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I would like for him to actually have little half-sister/brother to protect. I think it could change his dynamics a lot, while retaining the core of his character. I would also like to see him "graduate" from the Robin persona toward a more bat-themed vigilante identity (I would call it Bloodbat, because of the play with bloodbath -something Damian need to avoid to preserve himself; and the likn to his blood ties to Batman). Overall, keep the snark for him, 'cause he is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't see Damian ever becoming a thief not with his values, upbringing and aspirations. He would view it as beneath him. Damian with his huge ego is more rule the world and I'm fairly certain that he's conditioned mind you can make a case for Killing but never for stealing.

Selina and Damian is fine but I don't think Damian will ever view her as a mother figure and I don't see her wanting to be that either. Damian doesn't let people in just like that so I see them being civil but Damian being distant.

I think they will have some great banter and some great scenes but that's it.

Helena would be a great addition. Would love to see Damian have a younger sibling to care for. As a kid who never had a childhood I expect he would be very protective and he could also experience childhood himself by watching/being part of hers.
    I was just thinking about this to I'd love for Helena to be introduced in the main continuity and I'd love it if she was just a normal kid and Selena kept her a secret from Bruce and Helena was completely in the dark about her mom being Catwoman like Selina could be shown as a strict mom that enforces rules and curfew all the things you'd never expect Selina to be like and for it to come out Selina purposefully lied to Bruce and Helena because Selina didn't want her daughter to end up like Damian.

As for how she gets introduced I have a few ideas that I love the first is that Selina gets shot while leaving the movies with Helena and is taken to the hospital in critical condition and it comes out(like on the news or something public) Penguin ordered the hit and just as Batman arrives at Oswald's lair he finds Penguin shot dead and Batman deduces someone snuck into Penguin's lair and shot him.

Then after following the clues Batman discovers Selina has a daughter around Damian's age and learns it's his daughter and ultimately that in a sick twist of fate Helena witnessed Selina get shot and after learning who was behind Selina's shooting Helena took matters into her own hands and shot Penguin dead. I also like the idea of Helena being completely oblivious to the whole secret identity thing and I'd love for her to find out about her mom and be like "My mom can't be Catwoman she's not cool enough!" That was a spy kids reference.

I'd love for Helena to be a rebellious teenage party girl because that would really reflect Bruce's playboy image and it would also really be a nice contrast to Damian to. It'd be even better if they became like a team like she worked the social scene and he(Damian I mean) fought crime and their dynamic became something where they represented the two sides of their father. More than anything l'd love for her to just get under his skin and vice versa for example I'd love for them to bicker and argue but for there to be a playfulness to it. More than anything I'd love to see Bruce handle sibling drama with his kids and have a moment like this.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Not really related to the engagement, but this is what I've wanted for Damian for six years:

BONDING WITH STEPH.

C'mon, DC.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

-See Damian with Steph and Cass..
    -See BATMAN AND ROBIN again as one comic
    -Robin son of Batman again(this can replace batman and robin)
    -Damian with Maya as girlfriend(for this maybe I should wait for another timeskip or 2/3 years)
    -One GOOD FUTURE with Damian as Batman.. Forgetting that ¿earth 16?..

About all this of one sister... I don´t want batman married but... I am with the opinion of one sister with similar age(not one baby), daughter of selina.. The same that Talia made with Damian..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-18-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I honestly think it would be cool if he developed a bond with Catwoman like she became a mother figure to him . . .
    No, no, HELL NO!!!!!!!

We had enough of "Robin-with-a-Mommy-fixation" back in the pre-CoIE days when it came to Jason and Nocturna!

Last edited by MajorHoy; 10-18-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Robin: Son of Batman 2.0

Regarding Selina, I don’t know if I want a mother-son relationship between them, but having a civil relationship with occasional snark would work. They can both bond over liking Cats

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'd like to see him ret-conned from existence. Seriously, though, I'd not want to take away a character someone else enjoys, so I'm pretty happy with Damian's current situation. He is in books I don't read and wouldn't read in their current state even if he weren't in them, and he rarely shows up in Batman books.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Not really related to the engagement, but this is what I've wanted for Damian for six years:

BONDING WITH STEPH.

C'mon, DC.
    Yeah, it's long overdue. Their interactions as sort of big sister and little brother were one of the best things from her run as Batgirl.

That she wasn't around for Morrison's ending of Incorporated arc was probably one of the biggest missed opportunities caused by 52.

As for Damian and Selina's relationship, I wouldn't go as far as making her his better "mother", but I would like for them to bond over their love of cats.

What I would like to do with Damian is make him a lot more dangerous fighter than he's usually portrayed, but with one big disadvantage. He's born and trained to be a perfect assassin and if he's fighting to kill then he has a decent chance to defeat even people like Cass or Lady Shiva. As Robin he's forced to be non-lethal making him struggle even with fighters like Tim. It would explain how he was able to easily overcome him in his first appearance, but later Drake proved himself better of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'd like to see him ret-conned from existence.
    I'm on board. I don't see them doing anything with him considering he's starring in 3 books. Though I would rather Tim be in the Titans than Damian.

I think there's a lot of potential with Selina and Damian. Im excited to see them interact, and really hope they do something there. It'd be such a waste not too.

In a thread about the Batman's future, I wrote I would like to see him do more with fear like become a student of Sinestro and combine the League of Assassins with the Sinestro Corps to become leader of the Assassin Corps, also be a villain for the future Justice League.

Right now I can see still trying to be a teenage hero with a violent streak who gets into fights with other teenage heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

BONDING WITH STEPH.

C'mon, DC.
    THIS!
    Please DC I'm begging you please bring their dynamic back I'm waiting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'd like to see him ret-conned from existence.
    Then I would stop reading DC too.
    Nope nope nope.

Anyway regarding Selina and Damian, I want DC to define what kind of relationship they have with each other. I want to know what Damian thinks of Selina and otherwise. Let them interact and somewhat build a bond. After that then I will reconsider having her acting like a step mother to Damian.

For Damian's future, since becoming Batman always brings demise to the character (either becomes immortal, bored, or killed) I want him to end up in a similar status like in Beyond, but without feeling abandoned first by his father and that it's solely his decision im the first place. He leads League of Assassins for the better and having him and League of Assassin as an ally to Batman is a great idea.

Or as a second thought it will be nice if he grows out of both his heritages and becomes something new all along. I just want him have a happy potential future for once dammit.

BANNED

With their personalities, it will take A LOT of work for Selina and Damian to bond at all. I predict a lot of bickering and a constant source of frustration for Bruce.

But why has Damian had so few interactions with Cass? I mean I suppose it makes sense these days since she's not nearly as close to Damian's father as she used to be, and is pretty much relegated to one book, but there's a lot of parallels between the two and it seems ridiculous that they haven't been allowed to bond in any measure.