Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    You are aware that Bruce can be dressed in kelvar and still be in strictly father mode.
    ??? Maybe I remember it wrong but I don't think that he appeared much (neither in nor out of costume) after Born to kill.

I wouldn't expect you to like WOTR just like Dick, Jason and Damian fans aren't fond of the last issue of Tec and that is understandable.
    But even without the War of the Robin part, Terminus and his gang were imo pretty lame.

??? Maybe I remember it wrong but I don't think that he appeared much (neither in nor out of costume) after Born to kill.
    My god, they were. Althougth conceptually speaking, they could have been interesting.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

But even without the War of the Robin part, Terminus and his gang were imo pretty lame.
    I have to go back and check. Nobody concluded in issue 9 Bruce was only mostly absent in the War of the Robins[though he was still there] because duh.. he was back in Terminus after he was there for DOTF then Damian died by issue 18. Are being serious right now Aahz?

I suggest you go back and check mate because you are very wrong.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-05-2017 at 06:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

What this has to do with Tomasi's work not being a traditional B&R book I fail to see though your point [if it were correct] further supports Fergus' argument because a typical B&R book usually has Batman.

Bruce doesn't have to be phisically there to explore his relationships with other characthers, hell, Chris Yost run on Red Robin is all about Tim relation with Batman and Bruce wasn't around back then.

In my experience majority of Damian fans love Tomasi's Batman and Robin. The DC fans I've spoken who didn't like it cite things like Bruce and Damian don't work as Batman and Robin or they hated the 7 stages if grief [Bruce going so crazy]. Many wrote it off due to the Batman and Red Hood issue.

Fair points aside form the Batman and Robin. People fail to see that Tomasi's Batman and Robin wasn't a Batman and Robin book at all it was a father son book the focus was on their relationship as it develops not crime fighting. A similar complaint is happening right now with Super fans who don't like what the book has turned into since Jon Kent.

Bruce and Damian have only ever been shown as typical Batman and Robin once. That was in Rebirth Deathstroke and that was very well received.

I don't know about the first pages of Damian's thread but I do that later pages and right now the discussion is about how after Tomasi Damian went down hill. I would bet you anything that if you ask on that thread Tomasi would be top 2 favourite Damian writers.
    I support both relations Bruce/Damian(I hate bruce as bad father) and Dick/Damian so... I am fan of both batman and robin volumes.. Is something stupid put bruce and damian as team and forget that they are father and son..

Is better that than make one Damian like the current TT run, you should be his fan or you will have problems with him..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-05-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I like that Deathstroke gave him a beating for not memorising and using Damian's Tactics. Slade knows what up.
    When did that happen?