Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I would like Dick Grayson to sue Bruce for legal custody of Damian. Or have Damian run away from home I just want him away from Bruce.

Following the events of Supersons of Tomorrow Lois does what Clark and the League should have done long ago. Call social services on Bruce for decades of child endangerment and abuse

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Following the events of Supersons of Tomorrow Lois does what Clark and the League should have done long ago. Call social services on Bruce for decades of child endangerment and abuse
    Not even death itself could take Damian away from Bruce, I seriously doubt social services would have any luck in that department.

I don't think they ever should have stopped with Dick as Batman/Damian as Robin.

I know they won't do away with Bruce...and that's fine, too. SHould have considered keeping Batman Inc. alive (to a degree) by having a Batman and Robin book that was Dick/Damian while Bruce had his own Batman/Detective titles for solo work. Then you have dual Batmen to kind of cover each other, keeping the Inc. idea alive by having a wider net spread. It's not worldwide...but they could cover more ground.

That being said...I'd be happy if Damian just became Nightwing's sidekick (because the idea above is simply to keep Dick/Damian's relationship at the forefront of a book).

But I do currently love Super Sons...so I hope they keep that book going quite a while.

Instead of Emiko being his first crush, having her be his first attempt at a romantic relationship would be more believable and lead to different stories.

I'm fine with Superson/TT so i'd just want him to have a stronger connection with Batman. His absence is weird because batman would want to keep more tabs on him given his age and background. If it was acknowledged in the book as to why it be easier to accept for me. Like if Duke asks where's Damian and Bruce tells him he's giving him more space than he normally would i'd be ok with that.

Catwoman becoming his stepmom would be fun.

I wouldn't mind the animated movies dealing with his teenage/adult years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I don't think they ever should have stopped with Dick as Batman/Damian as Robin.

I know they won't do away with Bruce...and that's fine, too. SHould have considered keeping Batman Inc. alive (to a degree) by having a Batman and Robin book that was Dick/Damian while Bruce had his own Batman/Detective titles for solo work. Then you have dual Batmen to kind of cover each other, keeping the Inc. idea alive by having a wider net spread. It's not worldwide...but they could cover more ground.
    I remember I once saw an idea (This was Pre-FP) about how Dick and Bruce both as Batman could have been handled that I actually would have liked. In Gotham, keep Dick as Batman with Damian as his Robin and Steph as Batgirl, the original sidekick providing guidance for the two who still need it the most. Then, dealing with larger scale threats, have Bruce working with Tim as his Robin and Cass as Batgirl, serving as the more experienced team. Oracle would link the two teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I remember I once saw an idea (This was Pre-FP) about how Dick and Bruce both as Batman could have been handled that I actually would have liked. In Gotham, keep Dick as Batman with Damian as his Robin and Steph as Batgirl, the original sidekick providing guidance for the two who still need it the most. Then, dealing with larger scale threats, have Bruce working with Tim as his Robin and Cass as Batgirl, serving as the more experienced team. Oracle would link the two teams.
    I'm not sure how sustainable this could have been since Bruce would probably have gone back to being the main Gotham guy at some point just like Peter Parker eventually came back to being primarily in New York (although Batman Inc. worked on a level far above Parker Industries).

I also think, even pre-Flashpoint, it was inevitable Dick would've become Nightwing again.

Though this probably would have been fun to see play out for a while.

I recall Morrison saying he could have written the Dick/Damian version of Batman and Robin for quite a while but that DC of course wanted to bring Bruce back into the fold sooner rather than later. Would have been cool to see on a larger scale - but it was fun while it lasted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I honestly think it would be cool if he developed a bond with Catwoman like she became a mother figure to him and as a result he became Red X from Teen Titans. I think this would be interesting because Talia is a terrible mother after everything she's done and Selina given her relationship with Bruce is the closest thing to a step mom Damian really has given her relationship with Bruce. I also think it would be interesting to see Selina in that kind of relationship where she's responsible for someone else's well being.

One way I can see this happening is that maybe she and him could end up in a bind and forced to work together mean while the majority of the Bat Family is out of Gotham ultimately causing them to watch each other's backs. Another reason I like this is it would create an interesting dynamic with her and Bruce it would also really add to the rivalry between Talia and Selina.

The reason I'd like to see Damian become Red X after becoming close to Selina is Red X is like a hybrid of Batman and Catwoman he's like Batman in his grim appearance but he's definitely got a flirty and funny personality of Catwoman and I think it would be fun if after being made to team up with Selina and bonding with her she started rubbing off on Damian. Besides I'd love to see Bruce react to Damian becoming a thief.
    You would have to change Damian to fit the Red X persona. It`s basically the Jason Todd of the show.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I recall Morrison saying he could have written the Dick/Damian version of Batman and Robin for quite a while but that DC of course wanted to bring Bruce back into the fold sooner rather than later. Would have been cool to see on a larger scale - but it was fun while it lasted.
    I wish he continued too as brilliant as Tomasi's B&R was Dick and Damian's dynamic was fresh and interesting. Just when I thought I was over it Seeley brings back the dynamic with Rebirth and now I really want a Nightwing and Robin book.

I've not really been missing Robin in King's book. I don't feel this Batman needs a sidekick I would go so far as to say that a sidekick would complicate matters because this run just about Bruce's personal journey and finally exploring his relationship with Selina

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Instead of Emiko being his first crush, having her be his first attempt at a romantic relationship would be more believable and lead to different stories.

I'm fine with Superson/TT so i'd just want him to have a stronger connection with Batman. His absence is weird because batman would want to keep more tabs on him given his age and background. If it was acknowledged in the book as to why it be easier to accept for me. Like if Duke asks where's Damian and Bruce tells him he's giving him more space than he normally would i'd be ok with that.

Catwoman becoming his stepmom would be fun.

I wouldn't mind the animated movies dealing with his teenage/adult years.
    That's what annoys me so much about Kings book. A couple of lines of dialogue is all it would take to make Bruce not look like the world worst deadbeat dad.

Tynion good on him at least wrote Bruce urging Damian to form the TT because of what was coming.

On Supersons since DC is getting into Anime I would love a Supersons anime series. DCSHG is selling like gangbusters and Supersons could easily do the same.

The boys fit so much and the title has a very anime feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Not even death itself could take Damian away from Bruce, I seriously doubt social services would have any luck in that department.
    I seem to recall years ago a storyline where someone does call social services on Bruce or something along those lines. I don't recall how it played out but I would like something similar. He's had 4 partners die under him. 3 minors. It should be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Robin: Son of Batman 2.0

Regarding Selina, I don’t know if I want a mother-son relationship between them, but having a civil relationship with occasional snark would work. They can both bond over liking Cats
    Robin Son of Batman Chapter 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I was just thinking about this to I'd love for Helena to be introduced in the main continuity and I'd love it if she was just a normal kid and Selena kept her a secret from Bruce and Helena was completely in the dark about her mom being Catwoman like Selina could be shown as a strict mom that enforces rules and curfew all the things you'd never expect Selina to be like and for it to come out Selina purposefully lied to Bruce and Helena because Selina didn't want her daughter to end up like Damian.

As for how she gets introduced I have a few ideas that I love the first is that Selina gets shot while leaving the movies with Helena and is taken to the hospital in critical condition and it comes out(like on the news or something public) Penguin ordered the hit and just as Batman arrives at Oswald's lair he finds Penguin shot dead and Batman deduces someone snuck into Penguin's lair and shot him.

Then after following the clues Batman discovers Selina has a daughter around Damian's age and learns it's his daughter and ultimately that in a sick twist of fate Helena witnessed Selina get shot and after learning who was behind Selina's shooting Helena took matters into her own hands and shot Penguin dead. I also like the idea of Helena being completely oblivious to the whole secret identity thing and I'd love for her to find out about her mom and be like "My mom can't be Catwoman she's not cool enough!" That was a spy kids reference.

I'd love for Helena to be a rebellious teenage party girl because that would really reflect Bruce's playboy image and it would also really be a nice contrast to Damian to. It'd be even better if they became like a team like she worked the social scene and he(Damian I mean) fought crime and their dynamic became something where they represented the two sides of their father. More than anything l'd love for her to just get under his skin and vice versa for example I'd love for them to bicker and argue but for there to be a playfulness to it. More than anything I'd love to see Bruce handle sibling drama with his kids and have a moment like this.
    You've been watching too much CW me thinks but a long hidden child might be the only way to introduce Helena. What happened to Selina's baby with Slam? she could be retconed back in as Bruce's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    What happened to Selina's baby with Slam? she could be retconed back in as Bruce's.
    What baby?

I doubt the current New52/Rebirth version of Selina ever met Slam (unless King or somebody is retconning that back in).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What baby?

I doubt the current New52/Rebirth version of Selina ever met Slam (unless King or somebody is retconning that back in).
    Selina had a baby during the One Year Later storyline, she was named Helena.