Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    That's what annoys me so much about Kings book. A couple of lines of dialogue is all it would take to make Bruce not look like the world worst deadbeat dad.

Tynion good on him at least wrote Bruce urging Damian to form the TT because of what was coming.

On Supersons since DC is getting into Anime I would love a Supersons anime series. DCSHG is selling like gangbusters and Supersons could easily do the same.

The boys fit so much and the title has a very anime feel to it.
    Super Sons really should get an animated adaption, it'd really be perfect as buddy cop/odd couple like show.

Red x could work as a Matches Malone style ID for Damian and it was originally used by robin as an undercover tactic. Maybe he could be catwoman's protege?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    What????!!!!!! A sequel???!!! I haven't heard anything, so TELL ME MORE, PLEASE !!!!!
    Yes he announced a few months back that he is back and doing a sequel to Arkham Asylum which is set in the 666 world and featuring Damian as Batman.
    however this time he will be partnering with Batman Inc artist Chris Burnham

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I dunno. I'm still inspired by and in awe of Dick Grayson sixty years later.
    No just you Lobdell as well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I seem to recall years ago a storyline where someone does call social services on Bruce or something along those lines. I don't recall how it played out but I would like something similar. He's had 4 partners die under him. 3 minors. It should be addressed.
    gk45.jpg

I think you'll also note in the cases where the Robins died it was always after going against his orders. Unless you wanna cry about how it's his fault for making them Robins in the first place, even though they've managed to save thousands of lives and none of them would have given up that opportunity for anything.

It's been addressed plenty of times and quite frankly it's played out. At some point you have to realize even a young boy's choices are their own and you can't just lay all that blame on Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    gk45.jpg

I think you'll also note in the cases where the Robins died it was always after going against his orders. Unless you wanna cry about how it's his fault for making them Robins in the first place, even though they've managed to save thousands of lives and none of them would have given up that opportunity for anything.

It's been addressed plenty of times and quite frankly it's played out. At some point you have to realize even a young boy's choices are their own and you can't just lay all that blame on Bruce.
    Yes we should be crying about both a young boys choice isn't his own that's why there's such a thing as age of consent even in the DCU. That's why they are called minors. Adult consent is needed for certain thing because kids often fail to consider all options and make stupid decisions.

Real world Because Robin is one of DC's most profitable brands Batman gets a pass for what is gross violation of human right but in their universe the league, police, child services and the DC equivalent of the Hague should be all over Bruce

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Yes we should be crying about both a young boys choice isn't his own that's why there's such a thing as age of consent even in the DCU. That's why they are called minors. Adult consent is needed for certain thing because kids often fail to consider all options and make stupid decisions.

Real world Because Robin is one of DC's most profitable brands Batman gets a pass for what is gross violation of human right but in their universe the league, police, child services and the DC equivalent of the Hague should be all over Bruce
    Age of consent...for what, exactly? And what "certain thing" are you referring to? Would you care to express your case with any capacity of specificity?

Giving a young boy an opportunity to be a superhero is hardly a "gross violation of human right" as you so eloquently put it. You might as well campaign against vigilantism in general, since that's the issue in question. Irresponsible? Maybe. But saying he should have the Justice League crack down on him? The Robins are superheroes in their own right who have multiple times helped SAVE the Justice League. And that's thanks to Batman. I mean, how many times has Dick, a grown man, said he wouldn't have traded being Robin for anything? Jason was already walking down a dark path that Bruce tried to save him from. Tim approached HIM. And he tried and failed to stop Damian from following in their footsteps.

So please, don't embarrass yourself.

Trying to use real life logic with the Robins or vigilantism in general with superhero comics is pretty dumb, the whole thing fell apart if you take it straigth. Althougth even with the child endergament part, is usually implied that the boys would.have ended worse if it wasn't for Bruce (even Jason).

WHAT? Cass with only 15 years? I always saw the "Tim generation"(steph, cass, harper...) with 17 years(N52/Rebirth).. She is 1 year younger than Supergirl now...

If she has 15 years, then Steph and Tim the same or 1 year more..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-21-2017 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Age of consent...for what, exactly? And what "certain thing" are you referring to? Would you care to express your case with any capacity of specificity?

Giving a young boy an opportunity to be a superhero is hardly a "gross violation of human right" as you so eloquently put it. You might as well campaign against vigilantism in general, since that's the issue in question. Irresponsible? Maybe. But saying he should have the Justice League crack down on him? The Robins are superheroes in their own right who have multiple times helped SAVE the Justice League. And that's thanks to Batman. I mean, how many times has Dick, a grown man, said he wouldn't have traded being Robin for anything? Jason was already walking down a dark path that Bruce tried to save him from. Tim approached HIM. And he tried and failed to stop Damian from following in their footsteps.

So please, don't embarrass yourself.
    You will do well not to speak to me like a child and unwad those panties we are discussing story ideas and any idea is just as valid as the next. It's all make believe. We are discussing what we want to see done with Damian . I would like to see someone ask Bruce you went to hell and got your son back why did you let him just step right back into the fray. I would like to see the authorities turn up at the manor to investigate the well being of the youngsters he collects.

There is an age of consent for things like joining the military, driving. Things that involve a certain level of risk or that can be considered destructive.
    Try to be civil it's comics not a bar room brawl.
    If you don't want to engage in what if's and

Because getting beaten up and then blown up at such young age is what one would consider a better life. The notion that a homeless kid is for sure doomed to be criminal is quite messed up one and Jason wasn't already walking down a dark path before meeting Batman since he had a good sense of wrong and right and didn't need him to teach him that. So, we don't know for sure what could have happened to him, but what we know that Batman as sure as heck didn't make his life better and isn't free of blame.

Back to the topic, what I would like to see be done with Damian is having less exposure because I'm getting tired of seeing him everywhere and it's not like his appearances are fun to be begin with since he keep acting like an annoying spoiled brat. I would also like to see him face consquences for his bad attitude towards others instead of him getting away with it every single time.
    Last edited by Rise; 10-21-2017 at 06:08 AM.

Why do some of you have to be so obtuse? and others like to dogpile?
    We've had lots of storylines where real life logic is applied to comics. Nothing unusual there and just because the Robins save the world willingly and choose to put on the uniform it doesn't stop it being what it is. wrong and against the law.
    I would welcome an arc where someone questioned it. It can't be the league because they are just as guilty. Maybe the public are manipulated into protesting the presence of young superheroes by a villain who is revealed at the end. That way the books can return to normal status quo after we've had our social commentary.

I haven't read the old story @ fergus mentioned about Bruce and social services but I would absolutely love something like that.

It's comics and we are throwing ideas about. If King can make Elmer Fudd v Batman [as stupid as that sounds] work then bring on The Batman vs Child Services.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-21-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Because getting beaten up and then blown up at such young age is what one would consider a better life. The notion that a homeless kid is for sure doomed to be criminal is quite messed up one and Jason wasn't already walking down a dark path before meeting Batman since he had a good sense of wrong and right and didn't need him to teach him that. So, we don't know for sure what could have happened to him, but what we know that Batman as sure as heck didn't make his life better and isn't free of blame.

Back to the topic, what I would like to see be done with Damian is having less exposure because I'm getting tired of seeing him everywhere and it's not like his appearances are fun to be begin with since he keep acting like an annoying spoiled brat. I would also like to see him face consquences for his bad attitude towards others instead of him getting away with it every single time.
    I like him bratty and spoiled that's part of his shtick. Annoying is subjective
    He already faces the consequences for his bad attitude. Some heroes like Barry have said that he has a bad attitude others say hes rude. His anti social tendencies has an effect on how they view him.

I need a Supersons cartoon series
    Gleason Robin Son of Batman chapter 2
    Nightwing and Robin Then everything will be complete

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Trying to use real life logic with the Robins or vigilantism in general with superhero comics is pretty dumb, the whole thing fell apart if you take it straigth. Althougth even with the child endergament part, is usually implied that the boys would.have ended worse if it wasn't for Bruce (even Jason).
    Does that mean that there is anything wrong in wanting to see a story where someone tackles it? There is nothing wrong to having a story arc where real life is applied to comics. It won't be the first ti e and it won't be last. Those who don't want to read it don't have to but I myself would enjoy.

Because getting beaten up and then blown up at such young age is what one would consider a better life.
    Hey, i'm not justifying it, just the explanation that i remenber.
    We've had lots of storylines where real life logic is applied to comics.*
    Because it leads to deconstruction of the genre, that is fine in elseworlds, but in main continuity, it just make almost everyone looks like complete dicks, is the reason of why i usually ignore those storylines, regardless of the quality and why i think that stuff like Civil War should not have been touched main continuty ground. As Denis O'Neil said once, when you deconstruct the entire foundation, where you can go from there?.