BANNED

Default Justice League#31 Discussion and Spoilers

So some of you guys called this some weeks back, but...yep, Hunter was conceived by both Diana and the dark symbiotic energy thing that corrupts the League in this story. Not much really goes on here other than an ass-pull "power of love" ending, Arthur and Hypolotia seal up the darkness and head off in a boom tube with it, and then the JL's kids return to their future, which Barry says may still exist due to the nature of divergent timelines...um...yay I guess.

I felt underwhelmed when reading it but if it's the story Hitch wanted to tell...it's fine by me. I guess if Hitch needs a book maybe he could tell more stories set in this timeline.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I'm still not sure how literal we're supposed to take the darkness was Hunter's father thing. Reminds me of the debate as to whether Diana had a father in the Wonder Woman movie since it was so vague.

I mean apparently Hunter's birth wasn't a surprise in that timeline and Diana seemed to not realize anything was off about it until she left him in Clark's hands. I'd still lean on it being more metaphorical than literal.

The end of this arc really made al ot of headscratchers though in the end.

What was the darkness?
    Exactly what was Hippolyta's role in all this? This last issue makes it sound like she had nothing to do with anything regarding the ruined world/time. How do you "rule' a dead world? Why did the kids fear her?
    Did that timelines Clark know about Hunter's parentage or lack thereof?
    If the Lantern kids could at any time channel their powers like this to repel the darkness..why didn't they?
    Who's Cube's mother?! XD
    And of course where did Sovereign and Curry take the darkness now?

Also really wanted to see Jessica and Barry's kids meet Iris. Just for the laughs.