Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I believe I said months ago that Aaron wouldn't be beholden to Agents of Asgard, but could you explain how, because I didn't notice anything glaring.
    "Loki has often tried to weave his own tale, but the prince of lies is about as much a Norn... as he is a giant" and then the vague hints that he may not actually be a giant that have been trickling in over the course of the run continue, so basically his 'god of stories' development, and Loki gaining control of his own fate, has been undone. And Aaron absolutely should be beholden to Agent of Asgard. Or Hulk (which I haven't been reading, so i can't say much on that subject personally) since that seems to be a sticking point with She-hulk fans. Just because he has a story that calls for a different interpretation of a character doesn't make changing them or undoing developments to fit that ok, he should have to work with those changes, not just scrap them. People are invested in those other stories as well, not just this one. It is a shared universe, and that means adapting to what other writers are doing in it.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-18-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Well in his defence the story hinges upon a big fight between the two. The notion of the Thor v Hulk legacy fight was clearly the main back-up story for the book, and it has to be action packed. The story does suggest this is her worst Hulk-out recently. The fact that she was incoherent even before she hulked-out is a sign that something is happening in her own story, and I would assume this was written with at least a chat with the Hulk desk.
    No I get that, it's a story that happens in the future, etc. But Jen has always been significantly weaker than Banner (I think like class 50-75, vs 100+). But As far as we can tell, Jane as Thor is right up there with Odinson in strength. It would be a better match to see her fight Cho. Having said that, we don't know how strong this new version of Jen's Hulk is...

I get what they're doing. They're doing this across the whole marvel line. Which is fine. But they're forcing the story, at least to me anyways. It's way more important to me that Jen is struggling with this new incarnation of Hulk she's become, but somehow remaining in control, vs a classic Hulk-Out just so you can have FemHulk battle FemThor.

DAMN.

ANYONE PEEP HEIMDALL?????
    lmaoooooo prepare for an ultimatum of fanboy rage

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    DAMN.

What do you mean?

Astonishing Member

There is definitely a strong hint that Karnilla sees her killing somebody else that she should not kill.
    Sees who killing someone?

DAMN.

Lol just watch, Valkyrie is next.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I'm kinda ready.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    What do you mean?
    He was drawn black, possibly a one-note movie reference or permanent synergy.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

What do you mean?
    Heimdall is depicted as dark-skinned (like in the movies) in this book with no explanation despite being white for the past 55 years of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    It can't be that hard to just introduce another Valkyrie who looks suspiciously like Tessa Thompson.

I don't even think they've confirmed if MCU Valkyrie is actually Brunnhilde and not just another Valkyrie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Heimdall is depicted as dark-skinned (like in the movies) in this book with no explanation despite being white for the past 55 years of comics.
    This reminds me of when Iris West in The Flash was drawn with darker skin around the time of The Flash TV show, though they never actually changed her race .

I'm kinda ready.

He was drawn black, possibly a one-note movie reference or permanent synergy.
    To be fair, he wasn't drawn with any distinctive racial/ethnic features. His beard hair is even straight. Could just be the colorist not knowing the history of the character.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    If I'm remembering correctly in the issue where he fights Gladiator he has dreads and is dark skinned.

just read the chapter.

Thor looks like he is 10 years old LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    If I'm remembering correctly in the issue where he fights Gladiator he has dreads and is dark skinned.
    Yeah #15 by dauterman, he was coloured as black, his helmet was off, so you cant even say it was the helmet darkening his face. I wonder if they'll change Sif his younger sister to be black, or never mention them being siblings again.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    "Loki has often tried to weave his own tale, but the prince of lies is about as much a Norn... as he is a giant" and then the vague hints that he may not actually be a giant that have been trickling in over the course of the run continue, so basically his 'god of stories' development, and Loki gaining control of his own fate, has been undone. And Aaron absolutely should be beholden to Agent of Asgard. Or Hulk (which I haven't been reading, so i can't say much on that subject personally) since that seems to be a sticking point with She-hulk fans. Just because he has a story that calls for a different interpretation of a character doesn't make changing them or undoing developments to fit that ok, he should have to work with those changes, not just scrap them. People are invested in those other stories as well, not just this one. It is a shared universe, and that means adapting to what other writers are doing in it.
    And if like me he didn't like 90% of Agents of Asgard and thought the "God of Stories" idea was a step too far, then what is he supposed to do? Throw away everything he likes about Loki in favour of a poor interpretation that didn't make any sense to him? Loki just shouldn't be a story controlling god. In a comic book context it is far too meta and too powerful. It works OK if his main foe is himself but this isn't a Loki book.

Frankly he shouldn't be overly expressed as a god of lies. The whole thing is drift. For me he should be a trickster, but even that is overstating it. His archetype for me is closer to Odysseus than the Amerind one. He is the scheming and clever guy that can't be pinned down, the Appolo/liquid-language guy. Language and stories are not the same thing. One is mastery over the plot of his own comic, the other is control over those around him with his persuasive nature and his wit. I prefer the latter.

He isn't a Norn. He shouldn't be able to control the narrative. But, you will note, he is a little bit of a giant, so Aaron is not as extreme as I would be. He is keeping the idea in reserve and allowing others to asset he is a little like a Norn.

Sees who killing someone?
    When Karnilla warns that her own death is not the one to be worried about she goes on to talk about Jane. This is misdirection. She is warning Odinson that Jane shouldn't be allowed to kill somebody else.