Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

its called Death of the Mighty Thor no???

that means Jane dies... or Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    And if like me he didn't like 90% of Agents of Asgard and thought the "God of Stories" idea was a step too far, then what is he supposed to do? Throw away everything he likes about Loki in favour of a poor interpretation that didn't make any sense to him? Loki just shouldn't be a story controlling god. In a comic book context it is far too meta and too powerful. It works OK if his main foe is himself but this isn't a Loki book.

Frankly he shouldn't be overly expressed as a god of lies. The whole thing is drift. For me he should be a trickster, but even that is overstating it. His archetype for me is closer to Odysseus than the Amerind one. He is the scheming and clever guy that can't be pinned down, the Appolo/liquid-language guy. Language and stories are not the same thing. One is mastery over the plot of his own comic, the other is control over those around him with his persuasive nature and his wit. I prefer the latter.

He isn't a Norn. He shouldn't be able to control the narrative. But, you will note, he is a little bit of a giant, so Aaron is not as extreme as I would be. He is keeping the idea in reserve and allowing others to asset he is a little like a Norn.
    Then he is supposed to STILL go with it, yes. This isn't about liking the story, it's about professionalism and respect for his fellow writers, and fans of other books. The story got approved by editorial, it counts, period. If every writer just ignored character developments or stories they didn't like, then there is no point in this being a shared universe.

And lots of people loved Agent of Asgard, and the new developments, and think it makes sense for him, I am one of them, (obviously, my avatar comes from it) and there are many others out there. So why should we have a story we like and were invested in get disregarded and written off as being basically worthless? Especially since it was so recent.

The same goes for any story or character, like She-hulk as mentioned. If her maintaining her intelligence when hulked out is inconvenient for him, oh well, too bad, he's gotta just work around that rather than ignore it.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-18-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    No I get that, it's a story that happens in the future, etc. But Jen has always been significantly weaker than Banner (I think like class 50-75, vs 100+). But As far as we can tell, Jane as Thor is right up there with Odinson in strength. It would be a better match to see her fight Cho. Having said that, we don't know how strong this new version of Jen's Hulk is...

I get what they're doing. They're doing this across the whole marvel line. Which is fine. But they're forcing the story, at least to me anyways. It's way more important to me that Jen is struggling with this new incarnation of Hulk she's become, but somehow remaining in control, vs a classic Hulk-Out just so you can have FemHulk battle FemThor.
    well, she is the Hulk.

the angrier she gets the stronger she becomes.
    Last edited by GodThor; 10-18-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Are we suggesting the Secret Wars Thors still exist, if Volstagg has a hammer now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    When Karnilla warns that her own death is not the one to be worried about she goes on to talk about Jane. This is misdirection. She is warning Odinson that Jane shouldn't be allowed to kill somebody else.

Oh I see

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    To be fair, he wasn't drawn with any distinctive racial/ethnic features. His beard hair is even straight. Could just be the colorist not knowing the history of the character.
    I am pretty sure Stewart is well aware of what he is doing.

I like it. Not a surprise, as I am the guy that doesn't really care about consistency. I would say I don't care what colour he is but I kind of do care. It was a bold choice in the movies and I liked that.

For all we know skin colour is not genetic in Asgardian gods. Or could be mutable, based on belief. Maybe belief in Thor has changed in modern times.

Call it an Idris Elba shout-out. Or just blind casting. It's not as if they made Thor a woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I'm kinda ready.

He was drawn black, possibly a one-note movie reference or permanent synergy.
    Ah ok

Well I find movie synergy generally irritating no matter what the change is

But the movie hiemdal is a great version imo by a great actor

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Then he is supposed to STILL go with it, yes. This isn't about liking the story, it's about professionalism and respect for his fellow writers, and fans of other books. The story got approved by editorial, it counts, period. If every writer just ignored character developments or stories they didn't like, then there is no point in this being a shared universe.

And lots of people loved Agent of Asgard, and the new developments, and think it makes sense for him, I am one of them, (obviously, my avatar comes from it) and there are many others out there. So why should we have a story we like and were invested in get disregarded and written off as being basically worthless? Especially since it was so recent.

The same goes for any story or character, like She-hulk as mentioned. If her maintaining her intelligence when hulked out is inconvenient for him, oh well, too bad, he's gotta just work around that rather than ignore it.
    Have you ever read comics before.

Seriously, Aaron isn't like me - he isn't throwing it away, he is just putting it on hold and making it clear who his Loki is. Aaron went out of his way to show there were lots of different Loki's and when he did that it was a signal that we should expect a different one. Or indeed three.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    its called Death of the Mighty Thor no???

that means Jane dies... or Thor.
    We will see. Second guessing comics is not easy. But clearly there will be twists in the tale.

Hmmm, my goat is not happy.4433A071-371F-4B72-9FA5-BED9300244A5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Are we suggesting the Secret Wars Thors still exist, if Volstagg has a hammer now?
    Very clearly that hammer still exists, and some have speculated that Doom distilled whole universes into the hammers that he gave out on Battleworld. They were supposed to be stars that Doom plucked from the sky, but those may have been universes from the poetic perspective of those outside the multiverse. So some say Ultimate Mjolnir is an entire dead universe that was weilded by a god who died on Battleworld.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    RIP Toothgnasher. Luckily the goats are ressurecting in mythology, but Toothgnasher may have a stiff neck forever more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

I don't think this disregards Loki's character development. I think in this issue we see that changing yourself and bettering yourself can be really, really hard and sometimes it's easy to relapse. Loki can't just run away to Asgard for dinner or hope that Thor will come out and save him. Loki is clearly nostalgic for Asgard and the Asgardian way of doing things. But that's not going to happen because of what he's done.

I'm happy that Aaron is showing just how hard changing yourself is. Loki isn't the only one: Odinson and Volstagg are clearly having difficulty changing themselves for the better and the whole point of that large battle was to clip the threads of fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    I'm gonna miss that stupid goat...

BANNED

I wonder if toothgnasher went to vallahala. Anyways wonder if this time mangog is so powerful that the war of realms will be put on hiatus with every faction of Asgard uniting to stop him. Thanos obligatory appearance seems solely due to sybergy and leads me to wonder if Loki and hela haven't made a deal behind his back to manipulated him to collect the gems for Loki to use in a shootout to the capcom game.

BANNED

This was a pretty great issue. I agree that the War of the Realms has been a little slow, but I still haven't lost interest and I think that's an achievement. I'm sure it'll have a huge payoff in the end too. I admire that Malekith has become such a great villain too, and Loki hasn't been recycled again as the penultimate Thor antagonist (though ofc he's still around). Overall, as the 700th issue, I'm impressed and invested for future issues. Keep it coming

• Loki wielding the Infinity Gauntlet: a potential future I assume. Loki with all the Infinity Stones would raze worlds. This series might see Loki gain at least one infinity stone though. The blue & red stones are accounted for in Marvel Legacy and the January issue of Captain Marvel, but the rest are still a mystery.
    • Thor Odinson wielding a golden hammer with a golden arm holding Jarnbjorn: interesting. Assuming this comes to pass I'm very curious about its origin. Not really a fan of the look, but it may very well be the closest thing we get to the Thor we know and love returning to his former glory. Maybe it's a reforged Gungnir or something?
    • I'm fine with Heimdalls ethnicity being retconned. He could do with a change-up.
    • Fenrir is strangely absent. This is basically Ragnarok all over again, and all of the other big foes of Thor are aligned.
    • Oh, gods. Throg? Really? Where's Beta Ray Bill and Thunderstrike when you need them?
    • Hela is back as a big-bad which is hella exciting. Can't wait for her to take back her realm.
    • Heven has featured a few times in recent issues. Which means Angela might finally be important again. Thank heavens for that.
    • She-Hulk's role was a little OOC and rather random. She has little relevance to the story as a whole. Total badass though. Savage She-Hulk through and through.
    • I feel like Thor Corps is coming. A new mini-series or something? So many Thors. Whatever happened to Dazzler Thor from A-Force btw?