Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yeah, he got what he wanted, but it still renders the ending of Agent of Asgard essentially completely pointless. And Loki had nothing to do with the Norns here, that was Malekith, who ALSO got his fate freed up, along with everyone else, so it's not exactly an ideal situation.
    I just chalk it up to "be careful what you wish for".

Also, it's presumably temporary. Though Karnilla died, the Norns themselves escaped. They can't weave fates RIGHT NOW, but eventually they will be able to do so again.
    I'm been event drained by Marvel sufficiently to not really care if things are temporary. We all already know in 6 months there will be "another event that will rock the universe forever" ... lets have a temporary story that stands on it's own ... I'm OK with that

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, he got what he wanted, but it still renders the ending of Agent of Asgard essentially completely pointless. And Loki had nothing to do with the Norns here, that was Malekith, who ALSO got his fate freed up, so it's not exactly an ideal situation.
    I'm just not sure this is a great situation for Loki, especially since Malekith isn't likely to, you know, be a great help with his plans. Plus, he's got to realize that Loki is going to betray him and betray him badly.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I am pretty sure Stewart is well aware of what he is doing.

I like it. Not a surprise, as I am the guy that doesn't really care about consistency. I would say I don't care what colour he is but I kind of do care. It was a bold choice in the movies and I liked that.

For all we know skin colour is not genetic in Asgardian gods. Or could be mutable, based on belief. Maybe belief in Thor has changed in modern times.

Call it an Idris Elba shout-out. Or just blind casting. It's not as if they made Thor a woman
    Eh. I liked it in the movies but not in the comics. I do like consistency. It strengthens the bond between the old stories and the new. The new stories mean less if they lose their continuity with the preceding catalog. I know there are opposing viewpoints, that the stories can stand on their own as long as the major themes are maintained (e.g. Batman's parents are killed, Peter Parker, socially awkward, bit by spider, etc). A little too jarring for me

This book had a severe lack of Angela
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm loving the Cosmic elements right now! There's so much continuity! So much!
    Don't you mean, so much continuity being re-connect or ignored.

I feel the golden Thor is for the Thor Corps, cosmic space cop that lives in the sun that Aaron teased since God of Thunder. There was a gold and reddish brown brown costume for war Thor shown at the back of the previous issue, so he probably goes through a change. I'm guessing Jane foster loses her human side and becomes a full time goddess.
    I'm looking forward to that, Thor, Volstagg, Jane, Beta Ray Bill and Throg patrolling the nine realms, dealing with cosmic threats. Just as long as Odin isn't written terribly and he reduces the Thor self hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    This book had a severe lack of Angela
    Is she in any current books? Guardians of the Galaxy? I haven't seen her since her solo ended and the other league of realms issue

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Is she in any current books? Guardians of the Galaxy? I haven't seen her since her solo ended and the other league of realms issue
    She has all but vanished as has Sara after that little half mention by Bendis
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    She has all but vanished as has Sara after that little half mention by Bendis
    We need an Asgard Leading Ladies book, with Brunhilde, Angela and Sif going on adventures and secret missions. Why can't I have this?

We need an Asgard Leading Ladies book, with Brunhilde, Angela and Sif going on adventures and secret missions. Why can't I have this?
    Now that sounds like a winner right there! Loved Sif in her short JIM series. Bring stuff like that back Marvel!

BANNED

I feel the golden Thor is for the Thor Corps, cosmic space cop that lives in the sun that Aaron teased since God of Thunder. There was a gold and reddish brown brown costume for war Thor shown at the back of the previous issue, so he probably goes through a change. I'm guessing Jane foster loses her human side and becomes a full time goddess.
    I'm looking forward to that, Thor, Volstagg, Jane, Beta Ray Bill and Throg patrolling the nine realms, dealing with cosmic threats. Just as long as Odin isn't written terribly and he reduces the Thor self hate.
    Now that would be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    • Thor Odinson wielding a golden hammer with a golden arm holding Jarnbjorn: interesting. Assuming this comes to pass I'm very curious about its origin. Not really a fan of the look, but it may very well be the closest thing we get to the Thor we know and love returning to his former glory. Maybe it's a reforged Gungnir or something?
    I wonder if the golden colour and the colour of his arm, are in reference to the sap of Yggdrasil, also golden in this story. Maybe it suggests a renewed role for Thor as defender of the realms. Complete speculation though.

It also looks like Loki will be wielding the Necrosword as well. At least another version of Loki, though we don't know which Loki this is. Is this our Loki? Old Loki?
    I suspect this is a King Thor story. A tale about the ultimate fate of the gods. That would make the Loki in that tale the last Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I wonder if the golden colour and the colour of his arm, are in reference to the sap of Yggdrasil, also golden in this story. Maybe it suggests a renewed role for Thor as defender of the realms. Complete speculation though.
    I've seen theories of it being Adamantine (like Hercules Mace). Could it be Gold Uru? Saw someone mention that on comicvine but can't recall ever hearing about it, is that what Stormbreaker is made of? (and the Thunder Guard Hammers that were made by Cul)

Yeah, he got what he wanted, but it still renders the ending of Agent of Asgard essentially completely pointless. And Loki had nothing to do with the Norns here, that was Malekith, who ALSO got his fate freed up, along with everyone else, so it's not exactly an ideal situation. It seems like Aaron wanted Loki to side with Malekith until the strands of destiny were broken, he's got what he wanted now, so he is free to backstab Malektih. (At least I hope so because they have been dragging that particular sub plot out foreverrrrr) But the ending of Agent of Asgard got in the way of that, so he just handwaved it away, and that's what irks me. It's not about Loki getting what he wants, it's about disregarding another writer's work because it was inconvenient.

Also, it's presumably temporary. Though Karnilla died, the Norns themselves escaped. They can't weave fates RIGHT NOW, but eventually they will be able to do so again, once they have a new castle built.
    I honestly think you might want to reread this with a different perspective. You may be colouring your perception of what is going on with this fear. There is no hint that Aaron is deliberately lessening Loki or removing anything accrued to him in previous stories.

Loki isn't a Norn anyway, so this is just a comparison. Karnilla is suggesting that Loki can't weave fate. This is probably a bit of foreshadowing, and defiance, suggesting that he is indeed involved in Malekith's decision to kill the Norns, and that his plan is indeed being enacted in the background. Indeed Loki has been behind many of the key movements in this war so far, and has clearly been manipulating both Asgardia and Malekith. Karnilla is using her dying will to try and shape fate despite Loki's manipulation, her assertion is less 'he is not a Norn' and more 'he is not as good at this as me'.

I'm just not sure this is a great situation for Loki, especially since Malekith isn't likely to, you know, be a great help with his plans. Plus, he's got to realize that Loki is going to betray him and betray him badly.
    Oh I am sure Maelkith is well aware that any alliance with Loki will be temporary, but it is an allegiance of convenience, and for all Malekith knows their stars could rise in parrellel for some time yet.

Malekith will have an ace up his sleeve. For a start he hasn't pulled his classic move of revealing he has also been impersonating somebody else.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-19-2017 at 02:22 AM.